Sikh Caste System

Hi, i just wanted to know about the sikh caste system..like what are the different ones and what each one means...and also if people still believe in the caste system today as much as they did before.

There is no castes in sikhism.. there is caste system in punjabi culture..that is that...sikhism and punjabi culture are competely different concepts....sikhism is off coz much more priceless than idotic punjabi culture which has nothing else to offer except - drinking, caste system, gender bias and arrange marriages.

here is what guru granth sahib ji has to say about caste system

"Let no man be proud because of his caste.

For the man who has God in his heart, he alone is the true Brahmin.

O stupid fool, be not proud of your caste, by this pride many sins arise.

Everyone says there are four castes, but they are all created from the Lords seed (essence).

All men are moulded from the same clay, but the potter has fashioned it into vessels of numerous forms.

By joining the five elements, the form of the body is made, no one can say that the element is less in one and more in another" Ang 1128 SGGS

oops :oops: ..i meant to say the punjabi culture..because i have to do a project on the caste system...u know like jatt, ramgariya..etc..so thats why i needed info cause i dont know what to do.

RajeenA,

Please, check your PM...

Regards,

Admin Bhaji

• 2 weeks later...

vaheguoooooooooooo

There is no castes in sikhism.. THE REASON WE HAD TO BELEIVE IN CASTES AND STUFF COZ OUR PARSENTS DOO ITS ALL FROM BACK IN DAYS!!!! BUT WE GOT TOO STOP THIS!!! AND ITS JUST punjabi culture..

I think if u are a true Guru sikh then u have no right to believe in it!!! i know some younger Guru sikh had to believe it coz our parsents doo....

but in Sikhism is noo castes!!!!

:D

my family come from a zeemidar background - and ive never been proud or boasted about this like all these clowns do on the streets...

"im jatt dis im jatt that - jatt power"bullshit

my best mate is a julahee - most of em are thakhans - and chamars - i see em as my brothers - caste is so stupid that i cant even believe its been round for so long - its this new generation which bother more about caste then anyone - half of em have never mowed their lawns and tehy call themselves jatts :roll: :roll:

i blame surinder shinda and the song putt jattan deh :evil: :evil: :P:P

Guest kaur1699

vaheguoooooooooooo

There is no castes in sikhism.. THE REASON WE HAD TO BELEIVE IN CASTES AND STUFF COZ OUR PARSENTS DOO ITS ALL FROM BACK IN DAYS!!!! BUT WE GOT TOO STOP THIS!!! AND ITS JUST punjabi culture..

I think if u are a true Guru sikh then u have no right to believe in it!!! i know some younger Guru sikh had to believe it coz our parsents doo....

but in Sikhism is noo castes!!!!

:D

well said... :wink:

There is a Caste System, you are all in my Caste. Crazy. :D

And if you aint, then your crazy not be so therfore you are crazy which means your are in my caste. And if you are in my caste you are crazy because no1 want to be in my caste so your crazy and hene, Still in my caste.

Your all crazy

arrrrrrrg.

• 1 month later...

i dont understand y u peeps gotta be hatin on us jattz

just cause one london patola express his view

the whole motha fukin community is mad at us

hell yea theres no caste in sikhism

cause guru nanak alone is sodhi

and we aint stupid

all u see is just a bunch of teenagers expressin their view online

and if u wanna get down to streotype

sanjiv sidhu is the richest indian

and hes a jatt

i dont understand y u peeps gotta be hatin on us jattz

Jat ji,

Where do you see "peeps" hatin on jattz? I saw your post and I re-checked the whole post, I don't see if anyone is putting down jat. Are you even jat? Or just signed on as jat ID to create drama so others can waste their time replying for the jat history and this site loose the theme?

Just by signing on this site as "jatboyz" don't make you jat... So don't start another drama of castes/races on this site, which is trying to unite Sikh youth by showing them truth of Sikhism. If you are jat then be happy with it, I don't think on this whole forum anyone has to do anything if you are proud of being jat....

just cause one london patola express his view

the whole motha fukin community is mad at us

I think we have to change that riddle " hen came first or egg"? It should be now wanna-be jat came first or brain?. You see the site name and you can see GURU ji's inspirational pictures on the banner, but still see your good language.

This is the reason that jat community is getting bashed for no reason because "peeps" like you come to the site like this and post something which is good enough to provoke others. Again, just a drama to give bad name to jats and then blaming others for your own fault.

hell yea theres no caste in sikhism

Yes, there is no caste system in Sikhism and we all know that.

cause guru nanak alone is sodhi

Guru Nanak Dev ji was Bedi not sodhi. He was from the family which was known to be high-class in Hindu society and also he had no problem about earning money, as he was from the very rich family by himself. He spent his whole life just to spread the name of GOD, and here we have jat ji comparing him and finding fault in someone who had no problem of getting harrassed by High caste people because his family was one of them and as well as rich, but still for the sake of humanity and to spread the word of equality. He left his pleasureful life and spent it for others so he can raise their level.

and we aint stupid

I have given the anwser above, now you decide who you are?

all u see is just a bunch of teenagers expressin their view online

Yes, we know they are teenagers but if you're adult then you are not intelligent enough to prove that adults are better....

and if u wanna get down to streotype

sanjiv sidhu is the richest indian

and hes a jatt

No, we just want to be civilized the way we are and don't want to be stereotype...:)

Sanjiv Sidhu is the richest Indian?

Good for him, and what makes you so proud of him being a rich guy? He worked hard and became one<period> We all are happy that he is happy & rich and it makes us happy that he is rich. But why you had to quote to "jat" to show his identity? Jats are farmers? Right? He is not farmer so he is not jat so he is the smart guy living above from backward rural mentality.

But you forgot to mention that who is dying by commiting suicides in Punjab? just because they're not able to pay their debts? You forgot to mention who is protesting against government of Punjab with other farmers because their wheats are going to drain, and nobody is listening to them? You forgot to mention that why jats are more in western countries? Because it was hard for them to survive so they had to leave their own country in order to find jobs in western countries to survive.

They are jats as well, so don't forget to mention the other side of same coin.

You guys are breaking away jats from sikhism by showing your old backward rural mentality, and then creating dramas by going site to site and provoking others and then sitting behind the computer smokin your bud and saying " Only God can judge me" by Tupac ......

Leave Jats alone, and let them learn the sikhism way so They count themselves as Sikhs more than jats and they can join sikhism brotherhood once again and don't get trapped by hyprocrite comments as yours.

Pailiya( farms) wich kadhi waahi( ploughing) nahie kitti jat banen nu sher...............

Regards,

my family come from a zeemidar background - and ive never been proud or boasted about this like all these clowns do on the streets...

my best mate is a julahee - most of em are thakhans - and chamars - i see em as my brothers - caste is so stupid that i cant even believe its been round for so long - its this new generation which bother more about caste then anyone - half of em have never mowed their lawns and tehy call themselves jatts :roll: :roll:

NO CASTES IN SIKHISSSSSM! Controversed By Guru Nanak Dev Ji

banndoned By Guru Govind Singh ji

1699!

hehe Agree wiv u Bhaji :D

if the punjabi culture does have castes, it's complete crap, and it was integrated into punjabi culture because of the negative influence in india and the brahmin culture... eventually punjabi people began to adopt many principles of the hindu culture (girls started cuttin their hair and wearin saris and stuff) and the caste system was pciked up.. either way its full of crap and sikhs dont follow it..