Is working less good for the planet??

shastarSingh

@shastarSingh

Thing is, in a capitalist society, bosses want as much as they can out of workers, and unless you're born with a silver spoon in your mouth, working people don't have a lot of options. Apart from workaholics and those that define themselves through their job - I'd imagine most sane people would prefer to work less and spend more time with their loved ones or on their hobbies.  

27 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

@shastarSingh

Thing is, in a capitalist society, bosses want as much as they can out of workers, and unless you're born with a silver spoon in your mouth, working people don't have a lot of options. Apart from workaholics and those that define themselves through their job - I'd imagine most sane people would prefer to work less and spend more time with their loved ones or on their hobbies.  

I think I read in Bhai Rama Singh's book on Khalsa Raj. He says that in future Khalsa Raj people will work about 4-5 hours a day.

20 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

I think I read in Bhai Rama Singh's book on Khalsa Raj. He says that in future Khalsa Raj people will work about 4-5 hours a day.

I think (as a panth) if we wait on prophesies instead of developing and securing our own economy through policies and legislation and planning, we're going to be in serious trouble. 

2 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

I think (as a panth) if we wait on prophesies instead of developing and securing our own economy through policies and legislation and planning, we're going to be in serious trouble. 

There is a beautiful Bani called karninama. It states in Khalsa Raj, mountains will give diamonds etc.

https://www.sikhphilosophy.net/threads/karni-nama-and-raj-nama-the-sikh-book-of-prophecy.30035/

The Earth shall give food and the mountains shall give diamonds.

Fruits of many kinds there shall be, upon the sight of the timeless.

All shall recite VAHEGURU and achieve salvation

Just now, shastarSingh said:

There is a beautiful Bani called karninama. It states in Khalsa Raj, mountains will give diamonds etc.

https://www.sikhphilosophy.net/threads/karni-nama-and-raj-nama-the-sikh-book-of-prophecy.30035/

The Earth shall give food and the mountains shall give diamonds.

Fruits of many kinds there shall be, upon the sight of the timeless.

All shall recite VAHEGURU and achieve salvation

There are many Gurbani pankitis which state that Gursikhs japp Naam and do bhagti and as a result Maya (wealth, money) becomes their servant.

9 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

The nihangs take Sukha during day time and remain cool. They do some farming or hunting or do the Seva given to them like langar Seva or taking care of horses.

Nihangs work but not like modern humans who work like crazy to earn more money and buy/own more things.

This world is like a dream and any day could be our last.

Amen to all that