Naam obstacles

Guest Lost

So I’ve had many experiences when I put my head down to jap a lot of naam

for instance a weird fear comes over me, mind doesn’t want to do naam or bani, weird bad thoughts arise along with the fear, then once I get going with the naam bani it gets better 

but then randomly at times the fear and thoughts would return and doubts, making feel like just stopping the jaaps altogether, are these karams? Spirits?

when I was not japping naam and engrossed in the world and kurehits my mind was more stable, it’s weird 

Guest Waheguru da pyaraa
On 1/20/2023 at 11:21 AM, Sajjan_Thug said:

Waheguru Ji

The Mind is controlled by the Shabd and is rid of lust and anger:  

The mind is not controlled by millions of other efforts.  It is very difficult to subdue it.  It cannot be conquered by outer practices such as recitals and austerities, rites and rituals, rules of hygiene discipline, pilgrimages, fasts or alms-giving and charities.  

Just as a spark sets fire to a heap of hay and reduces it to ashes in a moment, so also are the stored sanskaras (tendencies) created by karmas of previous births burnt up in a trice by listening to the Shabd.  Just as a deer is enraptured by the sound of a drum or a moth, seeing a bright light, sacrifices itself, similarly does one attain bliss on hearing the Celestial Music of the inner Shabd.  

The mind is fond of pleasure, but it gives up its ramblings when it gets delight of the inner Shabd.  

“The mouse-like mind is incapacitated by drinking the mercury of the Name of the Lord.

” There is no other way to still the mind except by listening to the divine Sound.  “The mind is not stilled without the Guru's Word.” (Asa M1, 415-8)  

“The mind is kept absorbed in the Shabd.  This is the most pious deed one can do.” (Ramkali M1, 908-5)  

Through the practice of the Shabd the turbulent waves of the mind subside.  

“The Shabd calms the waves of the mind; it then easily merges in the Shabd.” (Sarang M3, 1233-13)  

Without realization of the Shabd the mind continues to rove sometimes in the skies and sometimes in the nether-lands.

“So long as the mind does not realize the Word, one moment it flies to the skies, and the next it sinks to the underworlds.” (Prabhati M1, 1345-13)

By listening to the Sound all worldly bonds and external attractions are removed.  The mind gives up its base desires, and one conquers the five enemies – lust, anger, attachment, greed and pride.  When the soul gains release from these passions, it soars upward to the spiritual regions.

“Becoming fear-free with the eternal Lord in his mind, he plunged the spear of Guru's Word into his heart, he shattered the citadel of the five – Lust, Anger, Greed, Attachment and Ego.” (Swayya M3, 1396-3)

“It is by praising the Name thru the Guru's Word that one is dyed in detachment.  He conquers the five enemies.  Fruitful is such a song.” (Shalok M5, 1425-1)  

According to Kabir Sahib, he then becomes engrossed in contemplation of the Lord.  “He burns the five sins and is attuned to the Lord.” (Kabir, 1366-14)

(2) The Shabd is a remedy for the disease of egotism:  

The entire world is suffering from the disease of egotism and cannot get rid of it without the Shabd.  

“All the world is suffering from egotism.  It cannot be cured save through the Word.” (Bhairon M3, 1130-7)  

Egotism is an incurable disease, but the Lord has placed its remedy within man.  If the Lord bestows His Grace, then alone can one practice the Shabd as directed by the Satguru and destroy egotism.  

“This ego is a chronic disease, which yet can cure itself with ease, when Grace from Lord descends.  Through Guru's Word the soul ascends, from self thus gets release.” (Asa Var M1, 466-18)  

“The Guru's Word is the only antidote for the poison of egotism.” (Bhairon M3, 1133-12)  

“Oh Nanak!  The Shabd burns away egotism.” (Basant M1, 1189-2)  

Bro,

Can u please tell from which book have u found and written all these quotations?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 3:08 PM, Guest Waheguru da pyaraa said:

Bro,

Can u please tell from which book have u found and written all these quotations?

Thanks.

Friend, most those are from Guru Granth Sahib Ji. 

To find the same list first search Gurbani for shabad plus mind it looks like and for the second half of results search for ego and word. 

The first paragraphs are @Sajjan_Thug own words reflecting the truth of Gurmat. 

STTM has some minor known issues but still functions the best overall. 

Shabad is in almost all if not all those verses. 

On 1/19/2023 at 2:42 AM, Guest Lost said:

So I’ve had many experiences when I put my head down to jap a lot of naam

for instance a weird fear comes over me, mind doesn’t want to do naam or bani, weird bad thoughts arise along with the fear, then once I get going with the naam bani it gets better 

but then randomly at times the fear and thoughts would return and doubts, making feel like just stopping the jaaps altogether, are these karams? Spirits?

when I was not japping naam and engrossed in the world and kurehits my mind was more stable, it’s weird 

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh ji

waheguru ji, Kaljug does all these things so that you can't move on this True path, Maya also attacks our Man{mind} in many ways, if you are in a very difficult situation where a lot of bad thoughts (bedadbi of pothis etc etc) comes then do the jaap of this shabad As Said by Giani Thankur singh ji khalsa Damdami Taksal

The Shabad is on Ang 14 Of Sri Guru Granth Sahib JI Maharaj

https://www.sikhitothemax.org/shabad?id=54&q=mqma&type=1&source=all&highlight=590

from Moti Tan Mandar Usraih  TO   Hukam Hasil kari Baitha nanka Sab Vao, Mat Dekh Bhula Visrai Tera Chitt na Avai Nao

• 2 weeks later...

No thoughts about beadbi, just feels like the devils attacking me when I read more bani, like something is tryna stop me with all its might, when I don’t read any bani then it’s more shaanti for me