London Imam Shouted ‘Sister F*cker, Child of a Pimp’ as he Ran Over and Killed Man Lying in Road

This deserves its own thread . Wouldn't done this to a Muslim I'm sure.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2024/01/10/court-hears-london-imam-shouted-sister-fcker-child-of-a-pimp-as-he-ran-over-and-killed-prone-man/

Court Hears London Imam Shouted ‘Sister F*cker, Child of a Pimp’ as he Ran Over and Killed Man Lying in Road

24 Qari Abbasi Getty Images / Facebook / Collage

OLIVER JJ LANE
10 Jan 2024112
2:08

Imam Qari Abassi claims he believed Harvinder Singh was a discarded briefcase or dustbin lying in the road when he ran over his head as he drove to mosque in London, a court has heard.

A man was killed and two men who were trying to protect him believed they had to jump out of the road “to save their lives” as a speeding motorist tried to drive to a London mosque to early lead morning prayers on the 4th of May 2021.

Court News reports the Old Bailey, the Central Criminal Court of England and Wales, was shown dashcam footage of the moment Imam Qari Abassi ran over Harvinder Singh, who was lying unconscious in the middle of the street. Per the report, the court heard audio of Abassi shouting “Sister fucker, child of a pimp, your mother’s pussy of you sister fucker Gandoo, sister fucker” as the car drove over Singh. In Urdu, gandoo or gandu is a derogatory term for a man who receives anal sex.

Two men had been trying to protect Singh directing traffic around him while they waited for the arrival of the emergency services. The Old Bailey heard allegations that Abassi, however, drove straight at them instead. He told the court he believed they were drunks or otherwise unfriendly. The men had told the court they had to jump aside “to save their lives” from the oncoming car.

Singh was struck in the head and chest by the car as he lay in the road and died from his injuries.

Abassi said his verbal outburst was at the two men who had jumped clear, not at the man lying in the road, who he believed was a “bin or briefcase or something”. He told the court through an Urdu interpreter that: “I was going on my way and these people are making gestures with their hands and I didn’t know. I was a bit angry about why they are doing this to me. I am just going on my way… When people ask you to stop and you don’t know those people, you don’t stop for that reason.”

Per Court News, Abassi accepted he had been driving over the speed limit but did not ultimately accept that he had done anything wrong, and denies causing death by careless driving.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.ealingtoday.co.uk/default.asp?section=info&page=concrime416.htm

January 23, 2024

A 72-year-old Imam from Southall may face imprisonment after being convicted of causing death by dangerous driving.

Qari Hazarvi Abassi was found guilty of killing Harvinder Singh at a trial at the Old Bailey.

He was on his way to early morning prayers on 4 May 2021 when he struck Mr Singh who had been lying in the middle of the road having earlier said he wished to kill himself.

Two passersby had noticed Mr Singh and were attempting to divert traffic around him as they awaited the arrival of an ambulance. Abassi ignored their warnings, forcing them to jump out of the way. A recording of the incident showed that he shouted insults in Urdu at the people who had tried to stop him.

He was driving at 25mph in a 20mph zone at the time of the collision.

When the police came to arrest him, he told them that he had thought that he had run over a bin bag and he thought the men who had tried were drunk or they are trying to get a lift.

He has been granted bail pending the judge receiving a pre-sentence report to determine how prison would affect him given his age

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know what to say....no justice in this country

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13104185/Swearing-Imam-72-ran-killed-49-year-old-man-lying-road-spared-jail.html

Swearing Imam, 72, who ran over and killed 49-year-old man lying in the road while on his way to mosque is spared jail - after telling police he thought body was a 'bin bag'

• Qari Hazarvi Abassi hit the man on his way to the Abubakr Mosque in Southall

By MILO POPE

PUBLISHED: 13:17, 20 February 2024 | UPDATED: 13:25, 20 February 2024

A swearing Imam who ran over and killed a man who was lying in the middle of the road has been spared jail after he told police he 'might have run over a bin bag'.

Qari Hazarvi Abassi, 72, from Southall, was on his way to lead early morning prayers at the Abubakr Mosque in west London when he hit Harvinder Singh, 49, on May 4, 2021.

Two passers-by saw Mr Singh lying in the middle of Lady Margaret Road and tried to divert vehicles around him. He had been found in the road earlier saying he wanted to kill himself.

He denied but was convicted of causing death by careless driving by an Old Bailey jury after a trial last month.

Abassi was sentenced to 36 weeks jail suspended for 12 months. He will also have to pay £1,800 in costs and he was disqualified from driving for three years.

Judge Rebecca Poulet, KC, said unfortunately by the spring of 2021 Mr Singh was in a 'very vulnerable state' and was 'deeply depressed, apparently suicidal and, I am told, suffering from alcoholism'.

She told Abassi: 'Before your approach two men completely unknown to each other had taken up positions in front of Mr Singh's body seeking to protect him.

'You did not slow down at all as you approached the two men who were by now urgently gesturing at oncoming vehicles to avoid Mr Singh and drive into the other carriageway.

'You did not slow or steer to avoid either of the men. Both men had to jump out of your path, as one of them said, 'to save my life'.'

'In my judgement you were impatient, and fatally misjudged the situation ahead of you.'

The judge said Abassi did not initially realise he had driven over a body and accepted that the cleric had shown remorse.

'You have now clearly expressed very deep remorse for the loss of Mr Sing's life, and you now accept the jury's verdict. This is a very tragic case'.

The Imam was driving at 25mph in a 20mph zone when he hit Mr Singh, the court heard.

Prosecutor Alexander Agbamu said two members of the public had stood in the road, warning Abassi of the imminent hazard ahead.

'Mr Abassi disregarded those warnings and did not slow his approach, causing the members of the public to jump out of the way to avoid being hit themselves.

'He drove over Mr Singh and continued to drive on without stopping. Mr Singh sustained devastating injury and was pronounced dead later that morning.'

Giving evidence through an Urdu interpreter, Abassi said he had not stopped when he saw the men because he thought they might have been drunk.

He said: 'While I was driving I saw two men standing on the road and they were showing some gestures towards me and I thought why are they doing these gestures with their hands towards me? Either they want a lift or they are drunk.

'There was something lying on the road which I thought was a bin or briefcase or something, and these men with their gestures.

'So I was thinking "Why are they doing this to me for being a human being, so I made some comments which were sweary".

'It was never in my mind that some human being or person was there. When people ask you to stop and you don't know those people, you don't stop for that reason.'

The prosecutor asked him: 'Do you think you did anything wrong?' Abassi replied: 'No'.

5 hours ago, Premi said:

Don't know what to say....no justice in this country

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13104185/Swearing-Imam-72-ran-killed-49-year-old-man-lying-road-spared-jail.html

Swearing Imam, 72, who ran over and killed 49-year-old man lying in the road while on his way to mosque is spared jail - after telling police he thought body was a 'bin bag'

• Qari Hazarvi Abassi hit the man on his way to the Abubakr Mosque in Southall

By MILO POPE

PUBLISHED: 13:17, 20 February 2024 | UPDATED: 13:25, 20 February 2024

A swearing Imam who ran over and killed a man who was lying in the middle of the road has been spared jail after he told police he 'might have run over a bin bag'.

Qari Hazarvi Abassi, 72, from Southall, was on his way to lead early morning prayers at the Abubakr Mosque in west London when he hit Harvinder Singh, 49, on May 4, 2021.

Two passers-by saw Mr Singh lying in the middle of Lady Margaret Road and tried to divert vehicles around him. He had been found in the road earlier saying he wanted to kill himself.

He denied but was convicted of causing death by careless driving by an Old Bailey jury after a trial last month.

Abassi was sentenced to 36 weeks jail suspended for 12 months. He will also have to pay £1,800 in costs and he was disqualified from driving for three years.

Judge Rebecca Poulet, KC, said unfortunately by the spring of 2021 Mr Singh was in a 'very vulnerable state' and was 'deeply depressed, apparently suicidal and, I am told, suffering from alcoholism'.

She told Abassi: 'Before your approach two men completely unknown to each other had taken up positions in front of Mr Singh's body seeking to protect him.

'You did not slow down at all as you approached the two men who were by now urgently gesturing at oncoming vehicles to avoid Mr Singh and drive into the other carriageway.

'You did not slow or steer to avoid either of the men. Both men had to jump out of your path, as one of them said, 'to save my life'.'

'In my judgement you were impatient, and fatally misjudged the situation ahead of you.'

The judge said Abassi did not initially realise he had driven over a body and accepted that the cleric had shown remorse.

'You have now clearly expressed very deep remorse for the loss of Mr Sing's life, and you now accept the jury's verdict. This is a very tragic case'.

The Imam was driving at 25mph in a 20mph zone when he hit Mr Singh, the court heard.

Prosecutor Alexander Agbamu said two members of the public had stood in the road, warning Abassi of the imminent hazard ahead.

'Mr Abassi disregarded those warnings and did not slow his approach, causing the members of the public to jump out of the way to avoid being hit themselves.

'He drove over Mr Singh and continued to drive on without stopping. Mr Singh sustained devastating injury and was pronounced dead later that morning.'

Giving evidence through an Urdu interpreter, Abassi said he had not stopped when he saw the men because he thought they might have been drunk.

He said: 'While I was driving I saw two men standing on the road and they were showing some gestures towards me and I thought why are they doing these gestures with their hands towards me? Either they want a lift or they are drunk.

'There was something lying on the road which I thought was a bin or briefcase or something, and these men with their gestures.

'So I was thinking "Why are they doing this to me for being a human being, so I made some comments which were sweary".

'It was never in my mind that some human being or person was there. When people ask you to stop and you don't know those people, you don't stop for that reason.'

The prosecutor asked him: 'Do you think you did anything wrong?' Abassi replied: 'No'.

Well brother. That is tragic. At least he didn't see real Court yet. 

4 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Yes it must have been as dass lives in London and this horrible incident happened in Birmingham from what the video is saying.

*Sandwell

Also, who were the perpetrators ?

4 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Charlotte academy, in Standwell?