why are we trying to be perfect????

drawrof

Hello Everyone,

I have a question, why is it that sikhs (including me) are so hell bent on trying to be 100% perfect. Instead, why don't we just do what we have to do with love and leave it at that.

We are all trying to our different degrees to be guru ji's sikh. Personally, I don't really care what anyone else thinks of the way I do things, because I do what I do from my heart. I feel frustrated and caged when I go by someone else's dictum.

ie. I was asked once to do a pentra to go pick up shastar. I was told to go at it with my heart... so being "me", I started doing "fasla...(the bhangra move). I picked up my shastar and my ustad thought "why did I even bother"...mind you, if the point of the excercise were to do what I was taught, I would have, but I was told to do what came from my heart...so I danced...

sat sri akaaaaaaaaal

the drop naturally tries to go back to the ocean because it belongs to it and seperation is unbearable, the drop is still lucky because it doesn't decide what the parameters of the ocean is, nor will it be likely prone to mixing in with a pool, staining itselfself red and then claim that it is part of the ocean. The real question is, how many of us really know we are drops, and of us, how many of us are thirsting for the ocean.

ps. You're answer deserves a kudos :D

Guest Javanmard

dwarof wrote:

The real question is, how many of us really know we are drops, and of us, how many of us are thirsting for the ocean.

The one who knows himself knows his Lord: hadith of Imam Ali (AS) :D

lalleshwari,

you mentioned something that is not "sikh".....don't you know, spirituality doesn't exist outside sikhi and its rehit! why quote from the second best???

sikhi respects every religion, but being a sikh you "HAVE TO" believe sikhi is the ONLY WAY

:roll:

Guest Javanmard

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar e HAIDERI

Ya ALI :twisted:

lalleshwari,

you mentioned something that is not "sikh".....don't you know, spirituality doesn't exist outside sikhi and its rehit! why quote from the second best???

sikhi respects every religion, but being a sikh you "HAVE TO" believe sikhi is the ONLY WAY

:roll:

You just contradicted yourself. You speak of Sikhi accepting all religion, but you say Sikhi is the ONly way. That is like placing this blanket on truth. there is no such thing as Second Best. All are equal in their own way. So what if she quoted from a muslim fakeer. The truth is not copyrighted by anyone.