role?

Sat Sri Akal:

Bibi Ji, your question is backwards. The question is:

wat exactly is the point of us being here with him?

ramana(n) kaevala(n) keerathana(n) sudhharama(n) dhaeh dhhaaraneh ||

To sing the Kirtan of God's Praises is the righteous duty incurred by taking birth in this human body.

(Guru Arjan Dev Ji, Salok Sehshritee, 1356).

This idea is most appealing to me about God is as xplained by my friend...

The idea is of "Being and Becoming". The being is having the knowledge and awareness of the essential nature of the divinity of individual Soul and itz relation with the Supreme Soul. i.e. God. The spark of divinty in a individual, having the same content as God, has the potential to 'Becoming' a perfect like Him and become one with Him. It is this spiritual realization which made Guruz declare the Mankind as One and No enemy and No stranger.

SSA confused kuri.

If i understand your question, you are asking what god actually does?

First of all, there was only the Primal Being. (SGGS p693)

and then, guru Nanak Ji said to god:

You created the vast expanse of the Universe with One Word! (SGGS p3)

but we must remember that all of God's actions will never be completely undertsood by us:

No matter how much anyone tries to explain and describe them, (SGGS p3)

He created, he now sits back and admires his creation and we are part of it. He is everything, mother, father, brother, sister freind. But we will never fully understand him, even if we contemplated him for lifetimes.

So I guess his role is creator, protector and sustainer. He has given us free will so we can decide what do to with the millions of gifts he bestows upon us and is aware of everything that we do. He can damn us or save up in an instance - all is his kirpa.

In the semetic religions, god is often descibed as an entity somewhere high up and looking down upon the earth. (almost like a king on a throne) Sikhism teaches us that he is right here, right now, always has been and always will be.

Hope I haven't confused you further :(

SSA confused kuri.

If i understand your question, you are asking what god actually does?

First of all, there was only the Primal Being. (SGGS p693)

and then, guru Nanak Ji said to god:

You created the vast expanse of the Universe with One Word! (SGGS p3)

but we must remember that all of God's actions will never be completely undertsood by us:

No matter how much anyone tries to explain and describe them, (SGGS p3)

He created, he now sits back and admires his creation and we are part of it. He is everything, mother, father, brother, sister freind. But we will never fully understand him, even if we contemplated him for lifetimes.

So I guess his role is creator, protector and sustainer. He has given us free will so we can decide what do to with the millions of gifts he bestows upon us and is aware of everything that we do. He can damn us or save up in an instance - all is his kirpa.

In the semetic religions, god is often descibed as an entity somewhere high up and looking down upon the earth. (almost like a king on a throne) Sikhism teaches us that he is right here, right now, always has been and always will be.

Hope I haven't confused you further :(

yeh.....u got my question and no u didnt confuse me....i get wat ur sayin...jst gotta think on it some now.....thx 4 that tho

my question can really b answered by sum1 of ne faith or religion but i was jst wondering on ur views....

wat is role of god? i mean...wat exactly is the point of him being here with us??

i am not saying i dont believe in god or nething like that.....i am jst wondering wat ur views are as 2 his role...

thx.

Fateh ji,

I haven't got much knowledge but I will tell you what I have been taught and believe. Without Waheguru, we simply would not exist. Every single breath is given to us by Waheguru.

That was really brief but hope that answers your question.

Fateh ji

Salutations Friends,

I dont have any knowledge on the said issue. I never experience God with my own senses. And as per logical science We have to believe only on the informaton we got through our senses. And in my small period of life i have been told that GOD is a supreme power i:e: He can do everything. I never experience such wonderful miracle of doing everything in my life. But I experience such supreme power in a single thing which saw me miracles and that is nothing my dear fellow(s) but nature mother. So i believe GOD as nothing but nature. It might possible that my view r not liked by some of U. But it is my way of thinking.

Thanx