Marriage pressures!!!!!!

Nihal_Kaur

Do all parents go mad as soon as girls get their degrees?

I've just finished a four yr degree and the pressure is really on...but I don't get it, why can't they wait for a bit?

I think its a bit like forced marriage even though they label it "arranged marriage" because of the amount of emotional and parential pressure they put on. :cry:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Penj, I can totally relate, they do go completely bonkers, I can vouch for that. Right now all I can do is act dumb and go along with what they do until they find a guy, at which point I can take out my prospective marriage partner qualities required list and KNOCK EM DOWN EACH TIME! :cry: :evil: :x

Lets form up an bachelor singhs and singhani's group... make them in 100's or 200's.

Form an jathaaaaaaaaaaaaa or an faujjjjjj :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Also lets test them too but by puttin x and y's in ONE PLACE .... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

It shall be quite an experiment ...i say... :D

On a serious note, I can understand what you're going through, I am too now. I know you must respect your Dad highly and parents do know us very well and are qualified to find the right person, but some of the decision making should be left to you, you will be the one spending your life with your partner, so please take your time and explain to your parents the reasons for you wanting to wait, sometimes they feel it may be because you're doing something wrong :roll: so it's good to be open and honest with them, it isn't a minor issue, please don't let your respect for your Dad, which is commendable, ruin your life ok? I feel for you Penj, it's a hard situation, and it may surprise you but guys go through it too, so we can't blame this one on them too :LOL:

Take care

Gurfateh

:LOL:

this thread is getting slightly amusing now

SO i decided to post this...taken from another site:

HOW TO STOP PEOPLE FROM BUGGING YOU ABOUT GETTING MARRIED

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

:LOL:

Ooh btw this is my 350th post :D :hearme: :mrgreen: :respect: :jurra: :party: