How to Convince a Sikh about Islam?

Name Mohammed - Pakistan

Topic Faith & Practice

Title How to Convince a Sikh about Islam?

Question As-salamu `alaykum

Dear brother or sister,

I'm reading about Sikhism because I'm intending to help some Sikhs to convert to Islam. It's not an easy task, so would you please help me answering the following questions?

Was Guru Nanak a Muslim?

Is it true that the Sikh's holy book, the Adit, contains some ideas of Muslim and Hindu holy men or scholars?

Could you give me some information to be used with a Sikh by which I can convince him of the Qur'an and raise doubts about his own book?

Jazakum Allah khayrun

Date 2003/11/3

Name of Consultant Shahul Hameed

More you can read by clicking on this link Click Here to read more

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point to be noted.

I'm reading about Sikhism because I'm intending to help some Sikhs to convert to Islam. It's not an easy task, so would you please help me answering the following questions?

Was Guru Nanak a Muslim?

Is it true that the Sikh's holy book, the Adit, contains some ideas of Muslim and Hindu holy men or scholars?

Could you give me some information to be used with a Sikh by which I can convince him of the Qur'an and raise doubts about his own book?

read the persons reply :x

From the foregoing, we understand the following:

Guru Nanak was a religious reformer at best; he was not the founder of any new religion.

Sikhism is the creation of the Gurus, particularly of Guru Gobind Singh, whose compositions and innovations form the content and the framework of the new religion.

The scripture of Sikhism is not any revelation from God but only the compositions of the Gurus as well as those of certain Muslim and Hindu mystics. For this reason, there is no meaning in talking about the authenticity of the book as a Divine Revelation. Because neither the book nor the authors claim it to have been revealed by God.

As Muslims, we can perform da`wah to the Sikhs, chiefly by appealing to their faith in the Oneness of God. We can tell them that Guru Nanak was most probably a Muslim when he died; the available evidence favors that conclusion. Anyway he did not try to replace Islam with a new religion; on the other hand, his utterances point to the fact that he certainly believed Islam to be the True Religion of God.

:roll: :roll:

and "We consider Sikhism as a tradition rather than a religion" :roll:

Sikhism is the creation of the Gurus, particularly of Guru Gobind Singh, whose compositions and innovations form the content and the framework of the new religion.

Its not their fault brother. It's our fault. They are not going to buy books or our books related to history. They get information from online. Now its our responsibilty to bring everything online.

After Guru Nanak’s death in September 1539, his Hindu followers thought him to be a Hindu and his Muslim followers thought him to be a Muslim. That is to say, both Muslims and Hindus viewed him from the perspective of their respective faiths.

It was the later disciples of Nanak who gave shape to a new religion, of which Nanak is considered the first Guru. In 1604, Arjan Dev (one of the ten Gurus) compiled the hymns of Guru Nanak along with the compositions of both Hindu and Muslim holy men, like Jaidev, Surdas, Sheikh Farid, and Kabir. The compiled book was enshrined by Arjan in the Golden Temple and was called the Adi Granth.

Heyy!!!!!!!

I sent an e-mail to da site!!!!! :yo:

Dis is wot i wrote:

Hello Brother. Im a Sikh, my friend has tried to convert me to Islam and I have not done so. If ur ganna talk bout our Way of Life I suggest dat u read up fully first b4 passing ne false propoganda and not to replace falsehood with Truth. If u wanna find out about Guru Nanak Dev Ji life, I suggest u read his storys from Sikh Books and not websites. Guru Nanak said "Im am neither Hindu nor Muslman". And our holy Book was Revealed directly from Allah himself to Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

Learn Gurmuki and dont spread falsehood. I kno spreading falsehood in Islam is even anti-Islam.

But Allah is Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

It is Allah who can only pass Judgement.

===============================================

If i get a reply bak from dem, i'll try to put a reply up here. :P

Guest Javanmard

Why would a SIkh want to convert to Sunni Islam?

First of all we SIkhs only consider Imam Ali as the real successor to the Prophet so if you're a Sunni: go home or become SHia.

If you're a Shia: why do you behave like a Sunni trying to convert eveyone? Really illogical of you.

If you want to become a real Muslim then read gurbani!!!

:LOL:

Lallesh I wan to know what you mean by

'IF you want to become a eral Muslims, then read Gurbani' :roll:

I had a GOOD laugh when reading that :LOL:

I still Don't understand WHy some people translate Ik oankar as:

'There is but One God'

Ik Oankar litteraly means one GOD..:?

and they try to link the Sikhs with Sufis, who are not even considered as Muslism. by most Muslims :lol :P

heres some more propaganda form the same forum:

http://www.islamonline.net/fatwa/english/F...?hFatwaID=97202

where they also call Sikhism a Sect of Islam :roll:

bhull chukk maaf

I tink i found a Shabad written by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Vadhans on Pannaa 566.

I tink its a Shabad about Guru Ji meeting Waheguru? Pls help me if im mistaken.

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Vadhans on Pannaa 566

vaddeha(n)s mehalaa 1 ||

Wadahans, First Mehl:

karahu dhaeiaa thaeraa naam vakhaanaa ||

Show mercy to me, that I may chant Your Name.

sabh oupaaeeai aap aapae sarab samaanaa ||

You Yourself created all, and You are pervading among all.

sarabae samaanaa aap thoohai oupaae dhha(n)dhhai laaeeaa ||

You Yourself are pervading among all, and You link them to their tasks.

eik thujh hee keeeae raajae eikanaa bhikh bhavaaeeaa ||

Some, You have made kings, while others go about begging.

lobh mohu thujh keeaa meet(h)aa eaeth bharam bhulaanaa ||

You have made greed and emotional attachment seem sweet; they are deluded by this delusion.

sadhaa dhaeiaa karahu apanee thaam naam vakhaanaa ||1||

Be ever merciful to me; only then can I chant Your Name. ||1||

naam thaeraa hai saachaa sadhaa mai man bhaanaa ||

Your Name is True, and ever pleasing to my mind.

dhookh gaeiaa sukh aae samaanaa ||

My pains are dispelled, and I am permeated with peace.

gaavan sur nar sugharr sujaanaa ||

The angels, the mortals and the silent sages sing of You.

sur nar sugharr sujaan gaavehi jo thaerai man bhaavehae ||

The angels, the mortals and the silent sages sing of You; they are pleasing to Your Mind.

maaeiaa mohae chaethehi naahee ahilaa janam gavaavehae ||

Enticed by Maya, they do not remember the Lord, and they waste away their lives in vain.

eik moorr mugadhh n chaethehi moolae jo aaeiaa this jaanaa ||

Some fools and idiots never think of the Lord; whoever has come, shall have to go.

naam thaeraa sadhaa saachaa soe mai man bhaanaa ||2||

Your Name is True, and ever pleasing to my mind. ||2||

thaeraa vakhath suhaavaa a(n)mrith thaeree baanee ||

Beauteous is Your time, O Lord; the Bani of Your Word is Ambrosial Nectar.

saevak saevehi bhaao kar laagaa saao paraanee ||

Your servants serve You with love; these mortals are attached to Your essence.

saao praanee thinaa laagaa jinee a(n)mrith paaeiaa ||

Those mortals are attached to Your essence, who are blessed with the Ambrosial Name.

naam thaerai joe raathae nith charrehi savaaeiaa ||

Those who are imbued with Your Name, prosper more and more, day by day.

eik karam dhharam n hoe sa(n)jam jaam n eaek pashhaanee ||

Some do not practice good deeds, or live righteously; nor do they practice self-restraint. They do not realize the One Lord.

vakhath suhaavaa sadhaa thaeraa a(n)mrith thaeree baanee ||3||

Ever beauteous is Your time, O Lord; the Bani of Your Word is Ambrosial Nectar. ||3||

ho balihaaree saachae naavai ||

I am a sacrifice to the True Name.

raaj thaeraa kabahu n jaavai ||

Your rule shall never end.

raajo th thaeraa sadhaa nihachal eaehu kabahu n jaaveae ||

Your rule is eternal and unchanging; it shall never come to an end.

chaakar th thaeraa soe hovai joe sehaj samaaveae ||

He alone becomes Your servant, who contemplates You in peaceful ease.

dhusaman th dhookh n lagai moolae paap naerr n aaveae ||

Enemies and pains shall never touch him, and sin shall never draw near him.

ho balihaaree sadhaa hovaa eaek thaerae naaveae ||4||

I am forever a sacrifice to the One Lord, and Your Name. ||4||

jugeh juga(n)thar bhagath thumaarae || keerath karehi suaamee thaerai dhuaarae ||

Throughout the ages, Your devotees sing the Kirtan of Your Praises, O Lord Master, at Your Door.

japehi th saachaa eaek muraarae ||

They meditate on the One True Lord.

saachaa muraarae thaam jaapehi jaam ma(n)n vasaavehae ||

Only then do they meditate on the True Lord, when they enshrine Him in their minds.

bharamo bhulaavaa thujhehi keeaa jaam eaehu chukaavehae ||

Doubt and delusion are Your making; when these are dispelled,

gur parasaadhee karahu kirapaa laehu jamahu oubaarae ||

then, by Guru's Grace, You grant Your Grace, and save them from the noose of Death.

jugeh juga(n)thar bhagath thumaarae ||5||

Throughout the ages, they are Your devotees. ||5||

vaddae maerae saahibaa alakh apaaraa ||

O my Great Lord and Master, You are unfathomable and infinite.

kio kar karo baena(n)thee ho aakh n jaanaa ||

How should I make and offer my prayer? I do not know what to say.

nadhar karehi thaa saach pashhaanaa ||

If You bless me with Your Glance of Grace, I realize the Truth.

saacho pashhaanaa thaam thaeraa jaam aap bujhaavehae ||

Only then do I come to realize the Truth, when You Yourself instruct me.

dhookh bhookh sa(n)saar keeeae sehasaa eaehu chukaavehae ||

The pain and hunger of the world are Your making; dispel this doubt.

binava(n)th naanak jaae sehasaa bujhai gur beechaaraa ||

Prays Nanak, ones skepticism is taken away, when he understands the Guru's wisdom.

vaddaa saahib hai aap alakh apaaraa ||6||

The Great Lord Master is unfathomable and infinite. ||6||

thaerae ba(n)kae loein dha(n)th reesaalaa ||

Your eyes are so beautiful, and Your teeth are delightful.

sohanae nak jin la(n)marrae vaalaa ||

Your nose is so graceful, and Your hair is so long.

ka(n)chan kaaeiaa sueinae kee dtaalaa ||

Your body is so precious, cast in gold.

sova(n)n dtaalaa kirasan maalaa japahu thusee sehaeleeho ||

His body is cast in gold, and He wears Krishna's mala; meditate on Him, O sisters.

jam dhuaar n hohu kharreeaa sikh sunahu mehaeleeho ||

You shall not have to stand at Death's door, O sisters, if you listen to these teachings.

ha(n)s ha(n)saa bag bagaa lehai man kee jaalaa ||

From a crane, you shall be transformed into a swan, and the filth of your mind shall be removed.

ba(n)kae loein dha(n)th reesaalaa ||7||

Your eyes are so beautiful, and Your teeth are delightful. ||7||

thaeree chaal suhaavee madhhuraarree baanee ||

Your walk is so graceful, and Your speech is so sweet.

kuhakan kokilaa tharal juaanee ||

You coo like a songbird, and your youthful beauty is alluring.

tharalaa juaanee aap bhaanee eishh man kee pooreeeae ||

Your youthful beauty is so alluring; it pleases You, and it fulfills the heart's desires.

saara(n)g jio pag dhharai t(h)im t(h)im aap aap sa(n)dhhooreae ||

Like an elephant, You step with Your Feet so carefully; You are satisfied with Yourself.

sreera(n)g raathee firai maathee oudhak ga(n)gaa vaanee ||

She who is imbued with the Love of such a Great Lord, flows intoxicated, like the waters of the Ganges.

binava(n)th naanak dhaas har kaa thaeree chaal suhaavee madhhuraarree baanee ||8||2||

Prays Nanak, I am Your slave, O Lord; Your walk is so graceful, and Your speech is so sweet. ||8||2||

Its kind of ridiculous that muslims sites are allowing this type of propaganda and when people set up websites to evalulate their own religion then they call them "Anti-Muslim" and go to sound sleep.

Heyy!!!!!!!

I sent an e-mail to da site!!!!! :yo:

Dis is wot i wrote:

Hello Brother. Im a Sikh, my friend has tried to convert me to Islam and I have not done so. If ur ganna talk bout our Way of Life I suggest dat u read up fully first b4 passing ne false propoganda and not to replace falsehood with Truth. If u wanna find out about Guru Nanak Dev Ji life, I suggest u read his storys from Sikh Books and not websites. Guru Nanak said "Im am neither Hindu nor Muslman". And our holy Book was Revealed directly from Allah himself to Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

Learn Gurmuki and dont spread falsehood. I kno spreading falsehood in Islam is even anti-Islam.

But Allah is Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

It is Allah who can only pass Judgement.

===============================================

If i get a reply bak from dem, i'll try to put a reply up here. :P

U kno wot i havnt had ne relpy bak from dis e-mail?

But i'll keep u guys posted.

U kno wot i tink its ganna b hardwork converting was Sikhs to Islam. Cos we also praise Allah da same way dat Muslims do.

Its kind of ridiculous that muslims sites are allowing this type of propaganda and when people set up websites to evalulate their own religion then they call them "Anti-Muslim" and go to sound sleep.

Exactly!You get so called "Muslims" questioning and deriding other religions left right and centre.But when you get anyone questioning Islam or "Muslims" you are accused of insulting them or Mohammad.

"Muslims" are always on fire.Always have been.I'm sick of them. :evil:

Why would a SIkh want to convert to Sunni Islam?

First of all we SIkhs only consider Imam Ali as the real successor to the Prophet so if you're a Sunni: go home or become SHia.

If you're a Shia: why do you behave like a Sunni trying to convert eveyone? Really illogical of you.

If you want to become a real Muslim then read gurbani!!!

Lalleshwari ji,

Who is "you" in your post?

Guest Javanmard

1. To Mr SIngh: Sufis are Muslims and it's just the Wahabis (the site you indicated is wahabi) who don't accept them.

2. According to Bhai Mani Singh's Janamsakhi Guru Nanak clearly specified that is was Imam Ali who was the righteous successor of the Prophet (PBUH) and not Abu Bakr.

3. By "you" I meant the Sunni guy who wants to convert this SIkh to Islam.

1. To Mr SIngh: Sufis are Muslims and it's just the Wahabis (the site you indicated is wahabi) who don't accept them.

wierdly

My Shia AND SUNNI FRIENDS say that they're something WIERD and NOT real muslims :roll:

btw you never replied t rest of my queries:

Lallesh I wan to know what you mean by

'IF you want to become a eral Muslims, then read Gurbani'

I had a GOOD laugh when reading that

2. According to Bhai Mani Singh's Janamsakhi Guru Nanak clearly specified that is was Imam Ali who was the righteous successor of the Prophet (PBUH) and not Abu Bakr.

3. By "you" I meant the Sunni guy who wants to convert this SIkh to Islam.

Wow, To tell u da truth i havnt really heard dis b4, is der a link u can give me den i can read it, pls :roll: ?

My Muslim mate said dat Sufi sect of Islam was against da teachings of Mohammed, i tink dats y most Muslims dont follow Sufi Islam.