Passion of Christ ... Passion of Sikhi???????

hi

My friend emailed me the below article... very powerful and very moving

when i read it and compared it to the way some sikhs behave in society againest others who are different, or have different beliefs and practices..

it seems to me they are the worst ones

who tend to look the most religious and pretend to be the most religious. who also seem to be causing the most problems in our community...

instead of creating bridges of knowledge they create barriers of ignorance

and hatred againest everyone

this is just my opinion, and i dont want to offend anyone. however i felt this should be said so people who do embrace dharam, understand daya is the core of sikhi. not nindia

one should be very careful to approach people like them

one should converse with God with love and not empty confused bitterness.

any way...heres the article which i read.... enjoy :)

I wrote this film reveiw for a multifaith newsletter

VjkkVjkfateh!

Watched a film the other day called "The Passion of Christ". I dont know much about jesus, but It was a story about a simple guy who tried to help people. Looking at the pain of others he tried to do what he could to relieve their pain, and help them.

When a woman was being stoned for adultery, Jesus stopped them and said "let the one who is without sin, throw the first stone", showing compassion, for someone who in the eyes of others was an evil bad person, showed great compassion and strength. at the same time there were religious priests.

Jewish priests who didn’t like some of the things he was saying and preaching. According to their religion, they believed it was blasphemy. They seized him and beat him severely, laughing at him and mocking him. He was brought into the priest’s court and they judged that he was a blasphemer and that he should be severely punished. They slapped his face and through things at him, all in the name of religion. I wont tell you what happens in the rest of the film but there is one scene that really made me think.

There is a scene where the Jewish High Priests hand Jesus over to the roman authorities and want him executed, the roman does not want to execute Jesus. He says that because its a special day today they usually release a prisoner, and they offer to release Jesus or Barabas who is a ruthless Murderer.

Suprisingly, the high priest says release Barabas the murderer.... they would rather let out a murderer then one of their own..... Because religion is more important to them. Throughout the film you see the religious priests, condemning and cursing Jesus, with no mercy and no feeling. It is amazing to see that the most religious of people can be the most ruthless and harsh people.

The same thing made me think about certain things I have seen, sometimes people can get so caught up in their religious beliefs that they forget all their humanity, love and compassion and rationality. Blinded by religious fury, blinded by rituals and techniques and beleifs and laws they forgot what the aim of it all was.... Was Jesus, who saw the world differently, who believed in something different, so bad? Was he worse then a murderer..... Truth is about humanity, compassion, love, help ..... and these things transcend gender, status, wealth, education and even religion. WAS JESUS RIGHT?, was he wrong... was he evil was he good. I don’t think it really matters, , they failed to see a fellow human as a brother as a human being, as someone who is different, but of the same flesh and of the same jyot(Light) He hadn’t committed any major crime other then to challenge the beliefs of the religious elitists.

A wise Singh said to me once, - people are like pitchers(clay pots), those who make the most noise are usually empty inside, .

......I can only pray and hope that that I don’t end up like those religious high priests.

VjkkVjfkateh!

Taranjitsingh

Guest Javanmard

JtSingh is right, this movie is ment as a Passion play and requires previous knowledge of the Gospels as well as the culture of the Gospels.

I have seen it and it really is an excllent passion play: very very very very Catholic!!!