I'm reading a book called The Kabbalah Unveiled Translated by S.L MacGregor.It's makes for very heavy reading.I think I will have to re-read it twice or maybe thrice.Maybe make a Trinity of readings... :LOL:

The Kabbalah or Qabbalah is a very fascinating subject that has captured my attention at the moment.I am new to it, so please forgive anything silly or untrue I may post about it.

http://www.kabbalah.com/k/index.php/p=about/whatiskabb

What is Kabbalah?

Kabbalah predates any religion or theology. It was given to mankind by the Creator, without any prerequisites or preconditions. According to kabbalistic teachings, the universe operates according to certain supremely powerful principles. By learning to understand and act in accordance with these precepts, we will vastly improve our lives today, and ultimately we will achieve true fulfillment for ourselves and for all humanity. Just as basic physical laws such as gravity and magnetism exist independently of our will and awareness, the spiritual laws of the universe influence our lives every day and every moment. Kabbalah empowers us to understand and live in harmony with these laws -- to use them for the benefit of ourselves and the world.

Kabbalah is much more than an intellectually compelling philosophical system. It is a precise description of the interwoven nature of spiritual and physical reality -- and it is a full complement of powerful, practical methods for attaining worthy goals within that reality. Simply put, Kabbalah gives you the tools you need to achieve happiness, fulfillment, and to bring the Light of the Creator into your life. It is the way to gain the peace and joy you want and deserve at the very core of your being.

And:

http://www.kabbalah.com/k/index.php/p=meditation/morning

The Morning Meditation

Every night, while our soul ascends to the upper worlds, a powerful source attempts to stop us from awakening and seeing the Light of the day. This force resides within every one of us. It is our negative side, the evil inclination. In the still of the night, it pleads with the Creator to stop our soul from returning to the body. The evil force presents all of our negative behavior from the day before to the Creator. Still, the Creator gives us another chance to change and reveal the Light that we didn't reveal the day before. In response the Kabbalists have given us the connection of THE MORNING MEDITATION. This sequence of Hebrew letters arouses our appreciation for the return of our soul. This act of appreciation and thanks is not for the sake of the Creator, but for ourselves. Appreciation helps to strengthen and protect all the blessings we receive. We can say THE MORNING PRAYER the moment we awake, even before we go out of bed.

Check out: http://www.kabbalah.com/k/index.php/

Check out Aryeh Kaplan's works and trasnlations which are excellent.

The Bahir is a good one by Rabbi Nechuniah ben Hakana, who supposedly taught in a state of meditation! Zohar obviously. He also has a good text called 'Kabbalah and Meditation' (I think) which actually has lots of info and translations from the works of historical Kabbalaists including the fantastic Abraham Abulafia.

Watch out for new age tosh

• 1 month later...