What To Do

Noor

I dont know why I'm posting this but here goes :arrow:

I need some guidance. I realised that I've always felt lost, alone and just incomplete. Life honestly has no real meaning to me, no real attachment.

Someone I really trusted just backstabbed me. I've lost many ppl in the past few yrs. Thinking about my future makes me depressed. I'm lost.

So I did what most ppl would do, talked with my friends. Well I tried to. It was too hard, just couldnt do it. Got help from a counselor, that helped somewhat. What really started making me feel like everything would be alrite was/is Sikhi.

I love going to the gurdwara and sitting there by myself. I do paath and listen to shabads. But every time I do these things, I start crying :? I dont understand this.

The one thing that comforts me and gives me peace of mind also makes me cry, sometimes for no reason. Why? Does this happen to anyone else? :(

Guest Maha_Pavitar

Noor Jee,

Parts of me have too experienced what you've described...I've truly learned the hard way, the best advice I can give you is think of each day as a new beginning, the few things that are precious in your life do what you can to never lose them..Cherish time spent developing a relationship with Guroo Jee, do seva, and explore yourself..figure out the things you like to do and what gives you complete peace..happiness..

Trust is fragile, I can tell you right now that I only have complete trust for one person and I cherish that..One is good enough for me..I can understand your feelings of loneliness, I've realised that once you come across a spiritually invoking path you long for 'saath'..sometimes that saath can take time to show up.

Keep your spirits up, if you need to talk feel free to PM here..your sister is always here for you. Just know that YOU have the ability to enrichen life, take full advantage of it..always..

Joy in every moment..

Please don't take my advice to heart as I don't believe I'm in the position to advice anybody. But here is what I would do in your situation.

I need some guidance. I realised that I've always felt lost, alone

and just incomplete. Life honestly has no real meaning to me, no real attachment.

Good, don't have any attachment to this world cause it is all an illusion.

Someone I really trusted just backstabbed me. I've lost many ppl in the past few yrs. Thinking about my future makes me depressed. I'm lost.

That person can only make you feel bad if you have put that person on a pedestal. Do not fall in love with anything around you. Instead, concentrate your love to Waheguru and nobody can ever hurt ever again.

Don't sit around. Go out have fun. I would usually go out with my friends and get sloshed. I don't know if this is the answer for you but it sure as hell makes me feel good!

Don't take life too seriously. Take it easy.

Summeet Kaur ..thnx sis..I'll definetly remember that :)

Jamuka, Amrik$ingh - I know what you guys are saying, but its hard not to care and love (in a friendship way) about someone who you know so well. I dont understand ppl, it seems like everyone just looks out for #1 and thats it.

I still dont get why doing my prayers makes me cry :?

Vaaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Being a certified moorakh, i shall not speak, and let Guruji, the supremely wise talk

dhaevaga(n)dhhaaree mehalaa 9 ||

jagath mai jhoot(h)ee dhaekhee preeth ||

apanae hee sukh sio sabh laagae kiaa dhaaraa kiaa meeth ||1|| rehaao ||

maero maero sabhai kehath hai hith sio baadhhiou cheeth ||

a(n)th kaal sa(n)gee neh kooo eih acharaj hai reeth ||1||

man moorakh ajehoo neh samajhath sikh dhai haariou neeth ||

naanak bhoujal paar parai jo gaavai prabh kae geeth ||2||3||6||38||47||

Raag Dayv-Gandhaaree, Ninth Mehl:

In this world, I have seen love to be false.

Whether they are spouses or friends, all are concerned only with their own happiness. ||1||Pause||

All say, ""Mine, mine"", and attach their consciousness to you with love.

But at the very last moment, none shall go along with you. How strange are the ways of the world! ||1||

The foolish mind has not yet reformed itself, although I have grown weary of continually instructing it.

O Nanak, one crosses over the terrifying world-ocean, singing the Songs of God. ||2||3||6||38||47||

I still dont get why doing my prayers makes me cry

Its because you have biraaaaaaaaaaaaaag(emotions) towards god. That it makes you cry let out your emotions. Its because you want to be happy always listening to kirtan all the time to get peace of mind and last but "NOT" Least: your spirtual seed from previous life is try to grow within this life.

Its up to you if you want to make spirtual seed to grow and flourish and spread its Sungand(smell) all over world and in people's heart by doing prema bhagti or get scared and back way from it...

One advice: Do Atam Nividan (Surrender Completly to vahiguroo)... your just couple of steps away from this surrender...more information:

http://www.atammarg.org

take one step towards vahiguroo, vahiguroo will take 100 steps towards you.

Here is this peace of writing says it all:

source: http://www.santbabaishersinghji.pwp.blueyo...am%20Updesh.htm

Why are you so engrossed in worries? Why are you afraid of some one? Who may kill you? The soul is immortal; it neither dies nor takes birth.

The present is manifest, the past is irrecoverable and the future will be good. Don't fret over the past and don't be worried about the future. The present is going on.

Why do you cry? What did you lose? When you were born, what did you bring along, which has been lost? What did you produce which has been perished? It is here that you gained and it is here that you lose. The man comes to; and goes from world, empty handed.

What you own today was not yours yesterday and will not be yours tomorrow. It does not and will not belong to anyone. You consider it your own and rejoice. This happiness of possession leads you to utter grief.

Yours is this world. Start from where you feel to; stay where you desire and wind up where you want to. It has no beginning and no end. You don't fear anyone, but yourself. You are the fright and also the frightened.

Change is the truth of life. What you consider as death is life in reality. In a moment a multi-millionaire is turned pauper. Give up the feeling of possession, great & the mean; differentiation of friend & foe. Then all is yours and you for everyone. Your corporeal being is a product of air, water and fire and it merges into the same leaving behind neither blood nor bones. Still yours existence remains the same. Then ponder over what you are.

Wake up! and become the eternal sons of the Almighty. You are the great and unique manifestation of Nature's power. All the divine powers are possessed by you, like a tree hidden in the seed.

Infect you don't fear anybody; you don't have any worry, suspicion, pain or grief. You are His dear ones. Surrender yourself completely to Him.

Always, remember the "Waheguru" (God) to achieve salvation. Let your life be guided by the saying "Whatever God wills, is good". Be contented with the will of God. Remember Him both in pleasure & pain.

Compiled by His Holiness Sant Isher Singh Ji Maharaj

Summeet Kaur ..thnx sis..I'll definetly remember that :)

Jamuka, Amrik$ingh - I know what you guys are saying, but its hard not to care and love (in a friendship way) about someone who you know so well.

i know its hard but its about control, if got to control yourself from becoming too close and trying to become closer to waheguroo then trying to become everyone's friends

Waheguroo is the only friend you'll ever need

wjkk,wjkf

Noor ji,

our gurus had reached the optimum state of spirtuality therefore 'attatchment' wasn't an issue to them BUT they still had piaar & compassion --> don't confuse attatchment with these qualities; they are extremely important for any human being & are overwhelmingly evident in the gursikhs i have been blessed enough to meet.

its a difficult balance but you need to learn to live life lead by your head (the hukham of guruji) but also back it up fully with your heart & yes there will be times of laughter & great sorrow but with the grace of Waheguru we all will get through it because we have to - after all we are here due to karam.

accept that you are human & have imperfections but let yourself be led by gurujis loving hand...

stay in chardi kalaa...

thnx Rochak Malang and N30 ..I really liked that piece of writing you posted. :)

Amrik$ingh -

"Waheguroo is the only friend you'll ever need" ...so true. I've realised that one can only count on themselves and God, everyone else comes and goes.

Kaur- thnx :)

i agree. Waheguru is the only friend u'll ever need. but at the same time, please don't isolate urself from the world.

yes, there are backstabbers. yes, there are ppl who aren't trustworthy.

but there's something that can be learned from all our experiences here.

just make sure u never let go of what's really important. and tha's Sikhi.

:)

Noor, I'm not a saintly kind of person - I'm short-tempered and unknowledgable. However, if I may speculate tentatively: perhaps the reason for why you are crying is the "pain of separation" from the Divine, which is referred to several times in SGGS.

If it's that, then you're not crying out of sadness but out of knowledge/wisdom.