Raags Explanation.......

• 9 months later...

dear veerji

how to download the above noted jpg raaga files. There is neither any link nor any picture anywhere. please intimate here or thru email:: chhinder@rediffmail.com

Its interesting that these pictures and lots of others like them have rababs in them.

The thing that amazes me most about Siksh ( and ultimately illustrates the MASSIVE lack of heritage) is the fact that hardly anyone cares or knows anything about this sangeet and the instruments that go with it.

Can any of you even imagine what shabads of Guru Nanak Dev sounded like with rabab and bekavach??? Not to mention actually SUNG in proper Raag (druphad styles) !!!

Not the bollywood antics of today tho!!!

dear veerji

Thank u for posting the raagas swaroops. There are some Indian Classical Raagas; portraits according to their moods, some of which are with me and after compilation, I shall try to post the same here. Regards, chhinder.

I'd love to hear that kind of rabaab. I've been teaching myself kabuli rabaab, which is very hard to play due to it's design and it's lack of resonance and sustain. It seems to be more of a bards instrument than the more subtle sarod. I can only presume that type of rabaab had a heavier resonance and sustain