Sardar Jassa Singh Ramgarhia

Freed

Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

Thanks for this Freed. Great picture, far better than usually G S Tethi Pink Patiala-style turbaned Jassa Singh adopted by the so-called Ramgharia Boards of today!

Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

Singh47 that's the one I refer to, there are two varieties one on horse back and the other on a throne, neither of them match this one nor the one popularised by Ramgharia Gurdwara Graham Street, B'ham (taken from the cover of H. S. Virdee's book on the Misl Sardar), where he is seen in a style of attire similar to the one above -i.e. not in a Maharaja Patalia style dastaar!

note how the ears aren't covered, and how the kachera is blue. I was told not to have a shawl over my dastaar by some dude at darbar sahib... this pic could have come in handy.

It is not the outfit that makes the sikh, but the sikh that makes the outfit, and those who are too caught up in designing a "STANDARD" or "CORRECT" outfit (with .05% room for leniency) have failed to see the ever evolving nature of kudrat...

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh