Sikhi Quiz

i thought this would be a great idea for people to test their knowledge on sikhi - and also learn stuff that they dont know

so ill start off with a simple question - and the person who answers has the chance to post a new question

When & where was the Khalsa Panth created?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru is our lord - our creator

but the litteral meaning of waheguru is "wonderful teacher" - im not 100% sure on this tho

what does "Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa - Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh" mean

Guest kaur1699

what does "Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa - Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh" mean

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa = Khalsa belongs to Waheguru (God)

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh = God is victorious

Where was Guru Nanak Dev Ji born?

:wink:

Hey i thought vaishakhi is on 13th april... what is it ??? is it 14th by nanakshai calendar... any1 enlighten me pls?? :cry:

i know i was kinda wondering that too lol.... i do know it was vaisaki da din - dunno :P

Guest kaur1699

What is the Sikh Jaikara ?

Bole So Nihal... Sat Sri Akal!

(erm Neo, well the dates sways between these two every year, i'm not too sure who or wat decides which day Vaisakhi falls on each year...)

:wink:

1469 at talwandi.. i might be wrong

who first in sikhism started shastr vidiya tradition??? lol .. lets see if any one can get that...

here are the choices.

1. Guru Hargobind ji

2. Guru Nanak Dev jI

3. Baba Buddha Ji

4. Guru Gobind Singh ji

umm from what i know - guru nanak dev ji passed on some martial knowledge to baba bhudda ji - and baba bhudda ji then passed his knowledge onto guru hargobind

so - it cud either be guru nanak dev ji - or baba bhudda ji -

neo singh tryna come out with the trick questions!! :P :shock:

What was the names of the shahebzadey who were bricked alive?

guru gobind singh ji had 4 sons

baba ajit singh

baba jojhar singh

baba zorawar singh

baba fateh singh

the robbers name was sajan??.... i think :?

and the sikh that accompanied guru nanak dev ji - his name was bhai mula?

guru gobind singh ji had 4 sons

baba ajit singh

baba jojhar singh

baba zorawar singh

baba fateh singh

the robbers name was sajan??.... i think :?

and the sikh that accompanied guru nanak dev ji - his name was bhai mula?

Sikh that accompained with guru nanak was bhai mardana... :D

umm bhai mardana was a muslim.... bhai mula was sikh who lata accompanied guru nanak dev ji on some travels

theres a story that guru gobind singh ji captured a rabbit - who was bhai mula in its previous life

I heard bha maula sakhi from baba ishar singh ji tapes.. it goes something like this...

One day guru nanak dev ji asked bhai mardhana to buy Truth and Lie for 1 paise(cent) .. he goes around in the market..askin the shopkeppers...nobody has it.. then finally he reached bhai muala shop...he goes i ll give u that deal.

He writes on the paper...Jainuoo Jhoot, Marna Sach (Living is a lie, Death is a Truth) .. when bhai mardana came back to guru nanak dev ji and show him the papper.. guru ji was quite impressed by him and further invited him to join his company.. he was joined for couple of years.. then his mother was too much worried about his marriage.. bhai maula got married, guru nanak dev ji and bhai mardana proceed in his journey to spread the divine knowledge after soo many years guru ji and bhai mardhana came in his village (sailkot) i beleive.. ..

guru ji asked bhai mardana to call bhai mauna to viist him .. when bhai mardana went his wife told him that he is not here.. she lied to bhai mardana.. and after 3 unsucessful visits to call him.. guru ji was mad and said "jai hanni ta haie hi nahi" right when he said it snake piosned bhai maula and he was dead.. his wife ran to guru ji and begged for his life...

Guru ji said "ek var muoho nikal gaya bacchan vapas nahi aa sakda" it means once something its said it will come true.. bhramgyanis words are firm like a mountain...but guru ji said to his wife that .. he will get mukhti in his 10th janam (10th rebirth) by guru gobind singh ji... and indeed he was rabbit he did gotta mukhti by tenth guru ji. :D

bhai mula did go on a journey with guru nanak dev ji - but cos he was worried that guru nanak dev ji wud take him on another long journey so he tried to avoid guru ji.

so this does mean he was an accompanying trvalleer - and he was a sikh right??? so that means in theory my ansa was right :P:P

bhai mardana was a muslim - not sikh :wink:

What was the name of the person guru nanak dev ji defied - where panja sahib now stands?

SSA this is my first post, and let me say this is a great topic you guys have started.

The name of the person who Guru Nank Dev ji defied was Wali Kandari. He lived on top of the mountain.

:?: What miracle did Baba Atal ji ( Son of Guru HarGobind ji ) perform, which made Guru ji Angry. :?:

fateh and welcome amardeep singh :D nice to have u on the site

baba atal ji performed the micacle of bringin back a boy to life - i think his name was mohan?? this boy was baba atals friend

guru hargobind was very angry at this because he said that no one should intervene the will of waheguru

who was made the first granthi of the shri guru granth sahib?

What is the literal meaning of the word 'Singh' ?

What is the literal meaning of the word 'Kaur' ?

Name the prayers comprimising the 'NITNEM' the daily prayer of the Sikhs (according to the Rehat Maryada) ??

Which of the 'Baanis' of 'Nitnem' are not included in Guru Granth Saheb, but are taken from the 'Dasham Granth' ?

sadh sangat..here are some more questions...vaheguroooooooooooooo :D

What is the literal meaning of the word 'Singh' ?

What is the literal meaning of the word 'Kaur' ?

Name the prayers comprimising the 'NITNEM' the daily prayer of the Sikhs (according to the Rehat Maryada) ??

Which of the 'Baanis' of 'Nitnem' are not included in Guru Granth Saheb, but are taken from the 'Dasham Granth' ?

sadh sangat..here are some more questions...vaheguroooooooooooooo :D

NEO - ONE QN AT A TIME :P:P

BOLEYYYYYY SOOOOO NIHALLLLLLL - SATTTTTTTT SHRIIII AKALLLL!!! :D

(IF U BEEN PAYIN ATTENTION U WUD HAVE KNOWN THAT QN HAS ALREADY BEEN ASKED :shock: )

What is the literal meaning of the word 'Singh' ? LION

What is the literal meaning of the word 'Kaur' ? PRINCESS

japji jahib - jaap jahib - sawaiyeh - chopae sahib - anand sahib - rehras sahib - kirtan sohaila

jaap sahib - chopae sahib - and sawaiyeh

BALLEH SHERA...ALL ANSWER RIGHT EXCEPT ONE...LITERALLY MEANING OF SINGH IS "TIGER" NOT LION :wink: ...HEHEHHE :LOL::LOL::LOL:

LEH TA - I ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS LION :? IM SURE IT IS

ANYWAYS

WHAT ARE "AMRITSAR" "RAMSAHR" "BIBEKSAHR" "KHOLSAHR" AND "SANTOKSAHR"?

:D