Gurbani respects the religions and even tells what a true muslim is.

There is place called nark. The person goes there because of their own actions. Gurmukhs, whatever their religion, don't go there.

There is a story of Raja Janak, who was a religious king, in gurbani.

Dhan Dhan Raja Janak Hai Jin Simran Keo Bibek

Ek Gharhi Ke Simraney Paapi Tharey Anek

There was a time when Raja Janak was passing through Dharam Raj's court and he heard terrible cries. After inquiring about this he came to know about nark. He felt daya for these people trapped there and wanted to do something. Raja Janak asked Dharam Raj to weigh one gharhi of simran to all the people in the nark's sins. The simran had more weight and the nark was emptied.

Ram Ram Sabh Jug Kahe Keheyaa Ram Na Hoi.

There is a difference in the phul of simran when a folk lore singer sings Ram and when a gurmukh har jun say Ram with so much love and devotion.

Ek Jo Sadhu Mohe Mileyo Leo Anchal Lai.

Dharam Raj became concerned at this as he has a duty to perform. Raja Janak who had brahm drishti informed Dharam Raj that in the next yug coming up, Kaljug, the nark would be filled up again as most of the population would be carefree sinners, who when even knowing the truth have fallen to such a level and start to doubt the creator's existence.

rajajanak0lh.jpg

Thank you for this post N30 and SAdmin !

One of my earliest memories of Sikhi as a child was going to Divans of Sant Isher Singh Ji - in 1975 in Hitchin Hertfordshire UK - Sant Ji would always sing this 'Maya vich Udasi' shabad of Bhai Gurdas as well as the 'Me jan tera' shabad of Bhagat Ravi Das - as a child I was entranced - I used to love the 'tune' SantJi would play before starting kirtan and would love to sing along loudly with the 'Gur Ustotar' at the end of the divan - a have a video of this divan and I still love that 'Dhan he ..' and all the sangat singing - first Sant Ji, then the men, then the women . Pure Bliss !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...