wat does it signify?

bimel

why can't we cut our hair??

what does it signify??...i've never cut my hair..partly because of my parents who are both very religious...and partly because i'm used to my long hair and have grown very fond of it...but sometimes when my friends tell me that i have got split ends and should trim it a bit to make it seem neater...i start wondering...why did Guru Gobind Singh Ji tell us not to cut our hair.. ??..wats the story behind this...why the hair...??why??

a bunch of reasons I think

First and in my opinion, the most important - it is the Gurus hukam that we shouldnt cut our hair.

- shows submission to will of God

- is a distinct form - you can always pick out a Sikh in a crowd, which also means we can never deny Maharaji the way Peter did Jesus.

-at a high avastha every single hair on your body vibrates with Waheguru.

why can't we cut our hair??

what does it signify??...i've never cut my hair..partly because of my parents who are both very religious...and partly because i'm used to my long hair and have grown very fond of it...but sometimes when my friends tell me that i have got split ends and should trim it a bit to make it seem neater...i start wondering...why did Guru Gobind Singh Ji tell us not to cut our hair.. ??..wats the story behind this...why the hair...??why??

- Hair has spiritual significane to it. Basically when you meditate there is a stage where each rom(hair) of your body becomes tongue and cries out in Vahiguroo's name. Such state is described in gurbani-

Gurmukh rom rom har dhaievaeye ||

- Keeping unshorn hair/kesh is sign of royality, sovereign and warriorness

- All guru's have kept theier kesh not only that all the prophets including- Jesus sahib, Mohmaamad sahib, Krishan , Ram Chandar Maharaj, Mahatama Buddha all kept their kesh shows it was not just mere fashion to have hair unshorn/uncut has spiritual significance to it.