did they??

bimel

when ever i read any of the guru's sakhi..i always wonder if the felt any sort of emotion or were they detached from all worldly emotions..like when guru gobind singh ji lost all his sons did he feel the pain the father endures when he losses his children...or did guru nanak dev ji feel any disappointment when he realised his two sons weren't as devoted as bhai lena(guru angad dev ji)...?..

when ever i read any of the guru's sakhi..i always wonder if the felt any sort of emotion or were they detached from all worldly emotions..like when guru gobind singh ji lost all his sons did he feel the pain the father endures when he losses his children...or did guru nanak dev ji feel any disappointment when he realised his two sons weren't as devoted as bhai lena(guru angad dev ji)...?..

What a beautiful question !

Before I try to answer this question..one need to find out the difference between unconditional love and attachment. Love is pure; however having attachment to something is selfish.

Guru's were not normal human being like us. They look beyond the body, they looked at the jot(Atma) which never dies...when one of sahibzadai's were shaheed- Bhai Dya Singh (one of panj pyares) try to cover his body. Guru ji stopped him and said- what are you doing?

Bhai Dya Singh Ji replied, Guru ji this is your son. Guru ji replied, what about those who gave their lifes for the panth...they are my son too..so Guru ji stopped him and said - if those singhs who gave their lifes for the panth and for me won't get clothes on their body , my biological son won't either. They are all same in my eyes.

Guru ji saw his sons in everyone because he looked beyond the body. That is unconditional love without any boundaries not attachment. unconditional love is ever blissfull with no emotions of de-attachment or seperations.