matha tek to hndu gods pics ?

guru fateh ji,

i m staying in hostel. my roommates r hindus. v hav a common place for worship where v hav kept gutkas, pic. of darbar sahb wit their hindu gods. after nitnem, i usually do ardas in front of those. is this right to keep gutkas & other sikhi stuff there & also matha thek 2 those ?

wana know & ur views whether its right or wrong.

guru fateh ji,

i m staying in hostel. my roommates r hindus. v hav a common place for worship where v hav kept gutkas, pic. of darbar sahb wit their hindu gods. after nitnem, i usually do ardas in front of those. is this right to keep gutkas & other sikhi stuff there & also matha thek 2 those ?

wana know & ur views whether its right or wrong.

hmmm

WJKK WJKF

hmmm

I personally would Maatha Teek only towards the Gutkas / GUrbani

Bani Gurur....Guru hai baani..Wich Baani Amrit Saare

and not towards the mortis..

:S

WJKK WJKF

//BHulla CHukka maaf

• 1 month later...

My parents are Hindus. When i was blessed with Sikhi, i used to recite pauris if Sukhmani Sahib. Since i didn't know much about how different Hinduism and Sikhi were, i used to do paath in front of the small mandir we have at home. It was after some 2.5 yrs that i used to do it in the same room but away from mandir. Not that i was fanatic about it, but i wanted to feel the Formless Parmaatma and not pictures. My parents have always supported my Sikhi and never forced me to follow Hindu practices once they were convinced that i was not gonna budge :LOL:

Guest kaur1699

Fateh Ji,

Hmm, I don't see anything wrong with it at all, as some of the other people have mentioned, as long as you are praying to Waheguru Ji, it don't really matter which way you are facing...

HOOOOOLD up

when we go to Gurdwara, we're not matha tekhing to Waheguru, we're matha tekhing to the Guru....Waheguru is Everywhere, but Guru lies within the Bani that has been wreitten by them..... so i'm not so sure...if you're matha tekhing to the gutkay, well...it's still not Shri Guru Granth Sahib......but, it's better than matha tekhing to the mandirs and such.

jsb i see what u are saying - when we go to the gurdwara shri guru granth sahib maharaj's physical pressense is there, so we bow down in reverence to guru ji

waheguru is everywhere so we can bow down to waheguru whichever way.. whether doing ardas or mutha tek u are facing towards ur gutkey it doesnt really matter because waheguru can always hear u

i heard somewhere im not 100% sure if it comes in the shri guru granth sahib maharaj - that "o qazi why do u sit in a tall tower at a mosque and shout up at god, he is not deaf he can hear the deepest chants of your soul without even whispering" something of that nature