mukti

TROUBLED

I heard this story the other day which really touched me that might be a suitable response for this post.

A bhagat of almighty Waheguru did so much simran that even his thumb had eroded and deformed from the constant use of the malla. One day another mahapursh came across this bhagat and was shocked at the state of his thumb. :shock: After learning that this was caused by the contsant use of the malla during simran, the mahapursh asked what avasta have you reached? The bhagat replied I do not know! With his divine vision the mahapursh looked into the heavens and discovered that not one recited naam had been noticed in god's court. The mahapursh was really upset and said that your thumb has even been deformed by the vast amount of simran you have done yet you have received nothing for it yet. The bhagat smiled and kept his composure, not upset at the least by the revelation and replied, "It is my duty to pray to almighty Waheguru and it Waheguru's duty to decide whether my bhagti bares any fruit.." Tears began to roll down the cheeks of the mahapursh at the amount of pyaar this bhagat had and embraced him.

• 1 month later...