How to be a singh?

please give some honest thoughtful advice to a young person on How to be a Singh in Todays World. I dont want to hear too much about wishy washy spiritual stuff unless its meaningful and useful.

examples on things to address:

1- looks - a beard, a turban, a kara - should you aim to be a pretty boy? or is the natural look for a singh to be tough roughed warrior type whos not too fussed. depending on the person, singhs can do either, and some are better at one than the other.

2- girls. treat them like princesses? should a singh should do his own thing, and not chase a girl, be too sensitive and kiss up to her. i think so.

3-career/sport - a singh should be good at what he does, set himself apart by having lots of heart and doing well.

4- healthy - a singh shouldnt be too skinny or too fat. he should watch his diet and keep fit.

5- be knowledgeable about his history, religion, and have a good command of general knowledge and common sense. in short, be educated and sensible.

6- shouldnt steal, screw over other ppl, steal cheat, etc. should be honest and dependable. should want to do right, where he can, and shouldnt miss up a chance to help out someone who needs it.

.. those are just thigns that came to mind. please add your own personal lessons learnt, etc. yes, the above doesnt necessarily apply only to singhs, it can apply to anyone. but it does apply to a singh, and it iis important.

i must say when decided to keep ma kesh i focused on points 1,4,5 (the others were already engraved in2 me by parents)

i think point 4 is neglected by a lot of singhs (esp. older gneration)

the majorty of people who i know who have cut kesh etc have dun so only for girls!!! which is a bit fukd up

id like to see a day where 'sikh' boys decide to alow chasin girls n step up to the plate n be a 'singh'

why do you care so much what people think of you?

There is no one way of being a Singh everyone is different.

Find your own way, are you that much of a Kid that you need people to tell you everything. I was surprised you didn't include how a Singh should wipe his arse.

If you are so worried about how you look, or how you should be a "singh" maybe you should look at yourself to see if you are happy with yourself.

wishy washy spiritual stuf??

Sikhi is a spiritual path.

bhee paraapath maanukh dhaehureeaa ||

This human body has been given to you.

gobi(n)dh milan kee eih thaeree bareeaa ||

This is your chance to meet the Lord of the Universe.

That is the one most importatn aim of Sikhi.

Everything else you mentioned is simply good manners.