can sum1 asna me this please

I was wondering if it was wrong of me to do Paat out of fear. I mean i do Jap Ji Sahib in the morning, Rehras Sahib and Kirtan Sohila in the evening; but sometimes when im tired or just can't be bothered (sorry if thats offensive; i'm just being honest) i think to myself 'I'll catch up with doing today's Paat tommorow'. But then (I don't know whether i'm paranoid or just feel this way;) i sort of think 'If i dont do Paat today; what if something goes wrong?'

Sorry if this is offensive i just need some advise on whether its wrong of me to think this way? Please help?

:?

everything starts from a fear ji, - fear of hell(naraka) da dar, fear for reincarnations, fear for consquences in life according to one's karma, fear to get sorrow again, fear to be stressful.

Bhagti (journey towards meeting Vahiguroo) starts with fear which transforms into bairaag (emotion towards Vahiguroo) and ends at Prem (Unconditional prem towards Vahiguroo/Guru Sahiban).

This journey ends at Prema Bhagti.

everything starts from a fear ji, - fear of hell(naraka) da dar, fear for reincarnations, fear for consquences in life according to one's karma, fear to get sorrow again, fear to be stressful.

Bhagti (journey towards meeting Vahiguroo) starts with fear which transforms into bairaag (emotion towards Vahiguroo) and ends at Prem (Unconditional prem towards Vahiguroo/Guru Sahiban).

This journey ends at Prema Bhagti.

thank you, but is it wrong of me to think this way; like will i evantually get rid of this fear and just want to do Paat?; i dont know sometimes i just dont 'feel' like doing any Paat at all; but on some days i feel as though i could do it forever.

you will eventually get rid of this fear and you will eventually do patt out of love. Everyone goes through this stage.

Don't think something is wrong with you when you have fear for god or all these things i have mentioned, it's one of stages in spirituality that one eventually overcomes.

you will eventually get rid of this fear and you will eventually do patt out of love. Everyone goes through this stage.

Don't think something is wrong with you when you have fear for god or all these things i have mentioned, it's one of stages in spirituality that one eventually overcomes.

okay thank you sooo much Paji :) thats a massive relief off my mind. God bless :!: :!:

don't worry bhenji, like neo said, many people go through these stages.

contrary to what people might tell you, fear is a good thing! for one, it shows your ego is small.

the real unfortunate souls are those who don't do paathh aaaaand feel they have nothing to fear.

also remember, Guruji takes thousands of steps towards you if you take one step. You doing paath two times a day is an awesome step. and Guruji has blessed you (believe it!) with fear.

he WANTS you to keep going on this path, so he has put this fear inside you to keep you moving. Just look around you, all the poeple who don't fear God/death/narak/joons/jamdoots..they won't feel the need to do paath.

to have this "fear" is itself a huge blessing. You will truly look back one day and be glad you didn't give up (when you move into bairaag/prem).

on a personal note, i used to do paath out of immense fear of poverty, ill health of family, and fear of upsetting Guruji when I was a bit younger than you. Looking back i see it as Guruji nudging me along in the right direction. I to used to think, "why can't I just do paath without this "fear" factor"....but back when I was a kid, i needed a bribe to do paath, ad that bribe came to me in the form that I would feel Guruji would help my family stay away from poverty and help me get good grades, or keep ghosts away from me (hey, i was like 11 !).

so keep the paath going and don't stop fearing :wink: