Contoversial posts will be moved to approval section

During past few days, we been seeing lot of contoversial posts/sources which cannot be verified right away by moderators, administrators, these posts are highly questionable and contoversial in nature. Although sikhawareness does not beleive in censoring genuine research as compare to other forums but still "Sikhawareness.com" does operate within limits drawn by Sri Akaal Takth Sahib, beleive in concept of sarbat khalsa, gurmatta(meeting of all saints/scholars of the panth on certain issues/sources before presenting widely infront of sangat and cause offense, outrage).

Due to that we no longer will be able to host posts/topics with highly 'questionable/contoversial" content and will be moved without any notice. If this means, we belong to tribalism so be it. We rather request members of this forum to write a book, thesis, research articles regarding their research than share with sangat who are not scholars. If members are so passionate to share their research with the sangat they should bring their research forward in academia circle(sant samaj/nirmal mandli, takht jathedars and other highly rates scholars) for debate/discussions not online forums.

Guest Javanmard

You guys begged to discuss it but true N3O this is best discussed among scholars. Mind you the reaction was quite interesting and just confirms the reasons as to why I don't interact with this community anymore.

Ok off to bed

Ya Ali madad

Ya Nanak Shah Faqir

Khoda Hafez

Guest Javanmard

Finally the voice of reason!

I have been trying to avoid the Makkah issue for years.In all honesty.But then there comes a point where the pursuit of Truth has to be more important than pleasing a community. I know it destroys the whole Islamophobic upbringing that most of you may have had and I am sorry to break the bad news but Guru Nanak went to Makkah and he recited the adhan in public, something only Muslims do. Doesn't take away the beauty of gurbani nor the originality of the Sikh tradition but it sure demands a reconsideration of many points about how Sikhi is perceived and what its definition is.

Guru Nanak had his divine encounter with God and was taken to sachkhand. yet he had still not found the truth.

then he went travelling all over india to spread Truth, yet he had not found it himself.

then after spreading the truth that he did not have for 20 years, he finally went to Bagdad where he found truth and converted to Islam`.

does gulluw shia go on hajj/umrah to mecca?

:)

Guest Javanmard

Well the later Gurus surely were not Muslims nor did I claim they were. Sikhi being a brotherhood it would have been totally normal to pass on the gaddi to a non-Muslim who was a monotheist as precisely a sign of brotherhood.

Keep these posts going, Javanmard is giving his points and is giving perspective. It isn't dialogue because he is getting words put in his mouth, but at the same time, I request javanmard to address every question. There is no need for slander as it doesn't take away or add to any argument. Lets keep this topic up