Anyway back to the OP.  Any time we have seen in history an entire country based on religion, it always seems to breed extremism and not in a good way. And evidence already exists of extremist and militant views surrounding Khalistan. 

and anyway before Sikhi could even try to achieve something like this it has to figure out what version of Sikhi would be enforced there... There are so many Rehet Maryadas and even though the panthic one accepted by Akal Takht is Sikh Rehet Maryada, can you see the Nihangs or Taksalis following it? How about AKJ? etc.  

11 hours ago, samurai said:

@gurpreet kaur..i think the pendu term is more catered to the egotistical person who belives he knows it all.. its a commom term used in uk for such people.lol..

sharay people get it aswell..trust me..we uk people do not let anyone off..lol

If you're a Londoner you're used to minor things like this. You hear a thousand times worse in a playground or park!  The way certain people get all sensitive and upset about the use of words like pendu REALLY shocks me.

Toughen up you pendus! lol 

My Nanka village people would make fun of me by calling me a  shahry, because I was brought up in city. Basically, city people are considered too shallow, superficial, not-tough by pendu people.   So I have seen both sides lol

Same here. Plus a lot of pendus have some deeply ingrained fear and resentment of education or educated talk for some reason. You hear them making comments like 'wudda sharhy' when faced with talking about shit that they feel uncomfortable about. Pendu salaay! 

That song is so gonna come up in my mind when i do paath later on..lol

I spoke to a desi and asked what fukre meant. he goes slight difference. A hankari is someone who actually has things hes showing off about but a fukra has nothing and boasts that he has, more like guppa marda...lol

4 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

If you're a Londoner you're used to minor things like this. You hear a thousand times worse in a playground or park!

I'm from london and your exposed to all sorts here, so nothing really surprises me. I've always wanted to move to the countryside, somehwhere peaceful, but i'm glad i grew up here as you learn so much and are not so naive to things. 

2 hours ago, samurai said:

That song is so gonna come up in my mind when i do paath later on..lol

I spoke to a desi and asked what fukre meant. he goes slight difference. A hankari is someone who actually has things hes showing off about but a fukra has nothing and boasts that he has, more like guppa marda...lol

damn I committed a paap then posting this link here lol

You are right, fukra is someone who shows off without actually having anything..gappa is spot on description

1 hour ago, Ragmaala said:

damn I committed a paap then posting this link here lol

You are right, fukra is someone who shows off without actually having anything..gappa is spot on description

I've heard that if you do paap against someone they take abit of your kamai, so i should be thanking you..lol..only joking bro, its all good....

• 6 months later...
Guest UK Punjabi

I guess HSD1 put it aptly and pretty all there is to talk about the state of Punjabi people in a nutshell. 

" As a diehard Khalistani I have to say the idea of a Sikhi inspired state fills me with dread. "

There is a solution to it, and am afraid that's the only solution, though I can speak about it, but am sure there is no one to take it. 

I would say the Sikhs are the best people to rule any/whole place on earth if it were 500 years back. But as of today, they are terribly lagging behind because they don't renew/advance themselves as per the world standards and come out of that old mentality. Here the picture can be hazy but essentially they will have to partner with and follow a group of people called the "JEWS" and build Khalistan on the model of Israel. 

Hope it helps and God bless

SSA

UKPunjabi