India’S Government Blocks Release Of Film About Sikh Assassins Who Killed Prime Minister Indira Gandhi

And I think certain Sikhs (especially but not exclusively jats) have big problems with reflective thinking and like to blame everyone and the cat for issues they've largely created themselves.

Sometimes it is our own perception to see simplicity as a lack of reflective thinking, maybe. The blame does rest somewhere, Mughals - Yes, British - Yes, India - Yes and the Sikhs who took the easy (read corrupt) way out.

Well, look at who buys into caste identity the most in Panjab. See for yourself how jats encourage, push and patronise casteism and alcoholism in music, film and politics. Most of the actions of other jaats are (stupidly) reactive to this.

Look at the long history of abuse of other jaats by jats. No one makes jats behave the way they do other than themselves. And the only defense a jat has is obfuscation by blaming 'India', 'Hindus' 'The RSS' 'Congress' and the bogey man hiding in the closet. No one is buying it. The jat supremacist bubble has burst and everyone can see him for the pendu he is.

When pretty much every last nonjat Panjabi is saying there are serious issues with jats and jats are acting oblivious to this - it says A LOT about their mentality and how contemptuous and dismissive their behavior towards others is.

How do you expect people to form alliances with people who clearly don't believe in the Guru's concept of egalitarianism?

The music, film and media industries are run mostly by non-Sikhs (Hindus) and they are out to make money very well knowing the right buttons (the Jat button) to press. This "phuk parni" is a well known.

Jats abusing other jaats will fade away into nothing eventually since they cannot be considerd Sikhs anyway. Same goes for any Sikh supremacist. Apart from all internal issues that Sikhs have, India, Congress, RSS, BJP, etc. are also to be blamed. There are jackals everywhere.

Agreed that we cannot form alliances with people who do not believe in Guru's simple concept of egalitarianism but such people would be a minority. In my opinion majority of the Sikhs still have (atleast) faith in our Guru's teachings.

So the choice is ours if we want to see each other based on our jaat or see us as Sikhs. Alliance would a small thing then.

Much more than this: Look at the Badals and their network. These are supposedly Amritdhari Sikhs!

Agreed.

my dear mahan quom sardar, you are wrong that Khalsa (under the command of Diwan Mohkam Chand) ended "...800 years of getting your ass kicked in india, then suddenly you're kicking their ass in their own back yard?" as it was Maratha force under Raghunath Rao which captured areas up to Khyber pass inc attock after three battles (Sirhind, Lahore and Peshawar) in 1758.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Abdali invaded Panjab/Delhi/India several times after this "capture" you so fondly eulogise.

We have been over this "capture" of Peshawar time and time again.

You may not agree with me but Gurus' battles were always against small contingents of minor Mughal subedars.

Not all battles were, the Chamkaur battle involved no small contingent.

give credit where it is due mate.

if you want to call me mate then please accept that you have to give the same credit where it's due.

Edited by chatanga1

what would you expect from backstabbers who have nothing but the negative views about India. which country allows the glorification of traitors? Do u expect Americans to accept idolization of Osama or Saddam? in spite of getting privileged treatment in india, these ungrateful scums would always claim discrimination.

India was a with a begging bowl. Sikh farmers did what they could due to sheer goodwill after an untimely mordernization was sold to them.

What a moron!

The Sikh/non-Sikh farmers in and outside of Panjab work very hard to grow crops. At that time, farming was all about blood, sweat and tears. Nobody handed anything to these farmers. Modernization hasn't meant that everything was handed to them on a plate. They still had to put the effort in.

nehru died around 50 years back, Jats' greed is insatiable, would never die cancer or ebola.

You could be right, over the last few years we have seen the Hindu Jats claim "low-caste" status to qualify for reservations.

Don't knock it. The majority of problems in Panjab are due to jat greed.

if you want to apportion blame, then all communities are to blame.

Edited by chatanga1

The father of India’s Green Revolution, Dr M.S. Swaminathan while talking to Economic Times Kolkata Bureau in 2004 had said that our ‘Green Revolution’ has been abused into ‘Greed Revolution’ by over – exploitation of groundwater and excessive use of pesticides.

The same paper claims:

"The water resources of the state are being over-exploited. Water table in central districts of Punjab is declining at 23 cm per annum"

"Pesticides are being found in food grains, vegetables, drinking water, buffalo milk and other edible stuff. It has also led to contamination of soil as well as food commodities, which caused abnormalities and even cancer"

"Father" of green revolution ? "Architect" of green revolution? This is all you got?

Exploitation of ground water? What crop consumes the most water? Where is the consuption of this crop state wise? Exports? Who benefits from growing such crops?

Pesticides? Who is controlling the pesticides market?

Who controls and mandates the crop production?

Quote from your "paper" that shows that your "fathers" and "architects" did a lousy job of planning:

The Green Revolution ended India’s dependence on other countries. But it is also true that Punjab agriculture is now facing serious problems.

All Punjabis are paying for Jat's greed.

It is due to same jats you have had food. Show some thanks, nashukre.

It is due to same jats you have had food. Show some thanks,

I like the way jats always try and twist things to make themselves look like some benevolent saviors. lol

They saved India, they saved Hindus, they saved Sikhi........we should be thankful and in awe.

Like they have everyone else's interests at heart - give it a rest mate.

Edited by dalsingh101

Punjab made the most prosperous state - is that a lousy job or another expression of complete ingratitude? "Others" made massive sacrifices too for green revo. Bhakra dam's Gobind Sagar (named after 10th Guru sahib for the information of the sectarian-minded commentators on this forum) covers approx 170kms sq area of land which is HIMACHAL PRADESH. it is clear ingratitude on the part of ahankaris and kattadvadi supremacist like Onpath as they have failed to even acknowledge the sacrifices made by those who were living in the areas which got submerged in the lake water. 36,000 'Hindu' families lost their homes, houses, temples forever so that Punjab's farmer could get power, water and saved from the floods which ravaged that state every year. it has been 60 years from the day Bhakra construction started but no justice for the lakhs of the

Akal takht and numerous other Sikh organisations have been busy honouring killers and hate-mongers, when they would show some humanity in JUST acknowledging the Bhakra Dam oustees' sacrifices?

It was not HP that made these sacrifice, HP only came into being in 1966, whereas Bhakra Dam was a British idea and had been planned in the early 1940s, yes before partition. It was part of Panjab, providing power for Panjab. Your mother-killing people were the ones that divided this Panjab, so don't cry about it. I doubt you have any genuine concerns for the HP families anyway, it only serves your purpose as part of your hindutva propoganda.

If the oustees should be honoured (and personally I am with you here, mate) then it is the overall responsibility of the govt, who took the land from them, not the Sikhs or any other religions.

And it was not only the Panjabi farmer who benfits from this power source, all Panjabis, and other states use it as well.

give it a rest mate.

I wish you would give it a rest as well.

The Punjab is a colony of India. As with what the British did to India, so are the Indians doing to Punjab. The Punjabi farmer is forced to grow more and more foodstuffs putting in more inputs such as fertilizer, human effort etc than what he gets for his produce. This is part of the vicious circle that comes from not being free and being a colony. The foodstuffs are sold at low rates into a govt controlled purchase and distribution system. The added value of the produce is made in the food processing plants of other states. Now you can argue why doesn't the Punjabi farmer just call it a day and refuse to be a part of this oppressive system. The reason is what else is there for these farmers to do. Muppets like Dal ' I h8 Jats I do' Singh will accuse the Punjabi farmer of being greedy, if only muppets like him were aware of what 'profit' there is in farming! Most farmers with a few acres can just about get by with all their effort and hard work. They have to contend with the traditional labour not wanting to work in their fields any more but still the womenfolk of this labour will be caught on many occasions thieving vegetables from the farmer's fields. The Bhaiyyas want maximum wages as well as be fed every hour for free as well as being given drugs. The farmer then has to get his crops to market being fleeced by government agencies and commission agents and if he lucky then he might make some profit.

I do get the impression that muppets like Dal 'neva bin to Punjab but kno a lot abatit' Singh thinks that every Punjabi farmer just sits on his backside all day and the dalits and bhaiyyas do all the work and the farmer takes all the profit. How little he knows about Punjab.

The dam was completed in late 1963 so how it could provide power to anyone 16 years before that date?

Come on mate. I know you aren't that thick. Devious and prejudiced, but not thick.

Your mother-killing people were the ones that divided this Panjab,

It was your mother-selling people that denied their own mother-tongue.

My people stood up for their mother's honour, whereas your people sold it. Still given what your brave hindu ancestors did with their mothers and sisters, it is obvious to the world that you shamelessly carry on the traditions.

Muppets like Dal ' I h8 Jats I do' Singh will accuse the Punjabi farmer of being greedy, if only muppets like him were aware of what 'profit' there is in farming! Most farmers with a few acres can just about get by with all their effort and hard work. They have to contend with the traditional labour not wanting to work in their fields any more but still the womenfolk of this labour will be caught on many occasions thieving vegetables from the farmer's fields. The Bhaiyyas want maximum wages as well as be fed every hour for free as well as being given drugs. The farmer then has to get his crops to market being fleeced by government agencies and commission agents and if he lucky then he might make some profit.

Screw all of that peasant shite. So what? It's an economic problem. Farming is not profitable anymore (according you your own admissions). Do what any other normal people would do under the circumstances and diversify then!

As for your crying about 'there is nothing else for a vichaara hogi to do - boo hoo!' - try using your imaginations. It's not like anyone is stopping the peasantry from doing other things. Stop expecting everyone to just lay out solutions to your problems like children. It's a big bad world out there - deal with it instead of crying like babies all day long. You had a green revolution to build up capital. I guess those farmers who never gave a thought to the future are suffering now - darwinism. Maybe jats shouldn't have been doing bhangra, drinking and grinning like fudhoos when the going was good and thinking instead?

You made your own beds....

I do get the impression that muppets like Dal 'neva bin to Punjab but kno a lot abatit' Singh thinks that every Punjabi farmer just sits on his backside all day and the dalits and bhaiyyas do all the work and the farmer takes all the profit. How little he knows about Punjab.

What jut fudhoos like you need to grasp is that no one (rightly) gives a shite about the constant and never-ending whining and complaining coming from jatts and all their boring backward agricultural issues. If farming isn't working - move the eff on onto something else - try using your brains instead of expecting all and sundry to pave the way for you. Get it in your yokel head - NO ONE GIVES A CRAP. Stop boring us with your sob story. Find another type of living. And in doing so you might actually help Panjab become something better than a rural backwater.

And whilst you are at it - stop trying to make out like the whole agricultural thing is a Sikh issue. It isn't, it's a farmers issue. Stop trying to manipulate the religion as a tool for your economic failures and shortsightedness. And maybe try and grow some balls to confront the jatt maharajah that is Badal about his role in all of this too?

I think we've all had enough of this rural crybaby crap. Like things aren't bad enough without jatts constantly playing the victim card. Man up!

And for all the fudhoos who play the 'if juts didn't farm you'd have no food' card. For Gawds sake! If leather-workers didn't do their thing you'd be walking around barefoot. If tailors didn't do their thing, you'd be walking around naked. If builders never did their thing you'd be living in mud-huts and so forth. Your argument is myopic.

Get back to discussing the film.

Edited by dalsingh101

If there are Sikh farmers being manipulated, this is automatically becomes a Sikh issue.

No, it becomes an economic issue of the agricultural sector. Non jat farmers in Panjab aren't facing any different issues to jat farmers. Besides we've all agreed that farming is a mug's game in this day and age for anyone who isn't a large land-holder - so they should do the obvious - change trades.

I for one am sick and tired of constant depressing jatt whining and crying about farming and I know I'm not the only one.

Either get all the mega-rich peasants to help you (all of you in the west and all the farmers who dominate Panjab politics like the Badals) or do the commonsense thing and find a more sustainable way of making a living. You've got your 'low class' OBC status now, so those reservations will be helping the poorer juts out. Get over it and stop embarrassing yourselves (and boring the rest of us to death).

Edited by dalsingh101

...and the idiotic, hyperbolic claims.

Jat boots like OnPath may habve lived all their lives in the West (and that is part of the problem), they would never quote the stats to make claims like: We feed India. If 'Sikhs' stop farming, india would die of starvation. Fact: smaller state of haryana (less land under wheat cultivation) is producing more or the same amount of wheat today.

it may break khali jat braggarts' hearts but Haryana has SURPASSED Punjab's per hectare wheat yield mark:

http://www.agricoop.nic.in/imagedefault/trade/wheat%20profile.pdf

while Punjab has plateaued, other states have got much better prospects.

Other myth I would bust here. Punjab (172mt) is NOT the highest wheat producing state in India, Uttar Pradesh is (303mt)

Another interesting fact is about the area under wheat cultivation WC. Someone correct me if i am wrong here but acc to the information i am looking at Punjab has the second highest area under WC in india! Haryana number 3 in WC area and Madhya Pradesh no. 4. The same order is reflected on wheat production table.

Also our pompous jat bradari forgets that Punjab economy would crash the day khalistan is formed as virtually all of the most crucial ingredients (water, coal/energy, labour, fertilizers, insecticides, market) come from other states. medium to large zimindars who dominate every sphere is punjab's political, social life have given us this highly questionable narrative of jat supremacy. impose income tax on agriculture for fat farmers (no income tax on farming sector in india !!!!) and they would squeal injustice against Sikhs.

Anyway...I know these figures mean nothing to jat mind who has not one word of at least acknowledging the conducive environment created by the post-independence government who gave all the means for Green revolution to become success.

Lakh lannat

Its good that Sikhs farmers have stopped doing wheat farming , time has come to focus on meat industry and farmers have already started it, this will also protect them from exploitation by city based middle men .

Time has come that beef industry should be set up in punjab . When U.P has it why cant Punjab .

http://www.business-standard.com/article/sme/punjab-small-farmers-take-to-pig-farming-in-a-big-way-113031800508_1.html

Pakistan is doing great in beef export , if we can control Hindu fanatics we will be able to get benefit from it .

Let India destroy Haryana and Madhya pradesh by encouraging them for doing wheat production .

I hope Sikh farmers of Haryana and Rajasthan will learn from their brothers in Punjab and should try their hand in Pig and Fish farming .

We feed India.

Prove that I have or have implied to say so, else be prepared to shame yourself ... again.

If 'Sikhs' stop farming, india would die of starvation.

India is already dying of starvation like other third world countries, due to fanatics like you.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/02/16/10424930-indias-hunger-shame-3000-children-die-every-day-despite-economic-growth?lite

as facts are stacked heavily against your flawed khali narrative, you have gone back to Bhindranwani - undiluted and baseless denigration, hollow rhetoric.

you are always one step ahead when it comes to undiluted and baseless denigration, hollow rhetoric.

what do you call a child who chops his mother into three pieces.

a hindu.

What do you call an idiot who damages his own faith to make himself feel better about himself - a jut.

What do you call a starched pugh wearing idiot who needs to take the piss out of Jats to make himself feel good about himself?

Dalsingh Duggu!

I wouldnt have added "singh".

for thousands of years this (punjabi) jat has been at the bottom of the heap. so lowly was his position in the pecking order that he, a punjabi, jat was never able to rule over Punjab. The best a jat could do was Ranjit singh who ruled over half of the modern day Punjab but wait..was not he a Sansi?

Now jat has finally managed to, thanks to their huge numbers, rise to the top.

If you knew anything about jats, you would know that Sansi is a jat gott. But then you don't really know anything.

If you want to talk about "huge numbers", let's talk about the huge numbers that hindus had but still got their excreta stained dhotis handed to them by the moghals. Time and time again for 8 centuries. Yes 800 years of having "huge numbers" but still couldnt achieve anything of not or consequence.

Now you have "huge numbers" in this india thing, and look what you are doing? But then you wouldn't really be able to with your eyes closed.

What do you call a starched pugh wearing idiot who needs to take the piss out of Jats to make himself feel good about himself?

Dalsingh Duggu!

I don't wear a pagh you thick pendu.

Jats take the piss out of themselves enough for anyone to just sit back and point it out. It doesn't make me feel good about myself doing it - I despair at having such 'co-religionists'. <sigh>

I wouldnt have added "singh".

Goes both ways you unparh pendu. Stay in your backwater town. You'd be a pendu in India, and you are a pendu here. Well done.

Edited by dalsingh101

for thousands of years this (punjabi) jat has been at the bottom of the heap. so lowly was his position in the pecking order that he, a punjabi, jat was never able to rule over Punjab. The best a jat could do was Ranjit singh who ruled over half of the modern day Punjab but wait..was not he a Sansi?

Now jat has finally managed to, thanks to their huge numbers, rise to the top. now jat, who was not allowed to leave his house without a dog, like the so-called lowest of the low castes chandalas in the 8th century sind, has found voice. as far as bahmavad is concerned, gurdwara rituals are absolutely the same as a mandir. matha tekko, paise chadao, rumale chadao, chanvar jhulao, milk naal floor dhovo, Granth sahib nu sleep karvao,...hahaha! Pratham Bhagauti simar ke.... Jat kithe aa Granth sahib ch, 2 lines ya 4?

Dont be jealous bahman you know you status is even lower then banzaara in Punjab .

I don't wear a pagh you thick pendu.

Jats take the piss out of themselves enough for anyone to just sit back and point it out. It doesn't make me feel good about myself doing it - I despair at having such 'co-religionists'. <sigh>

Goes both ways you unparh pendu. Stay in your backwater town. You'd be a pendu in India, and you are a pendu here. Well done.

So parhe means talking the shite you do? Sitting in your over-hyped city? Spare me.

So parhe means talking the shite you do? Sitting in your over-hyped city? Spare me.

Spare us your provincial perspectives too. We've got enough of a problem with penducentrism as it is, without you adding to it, thank you. At least the other people (from back home) have the partial excuse of being raised around dungheaps, pussoos and being surrounded by no-one but rural pendus for their backwardness - you haven't even got that excuse.....

Edited by dalsingh101