Sri Charitropakhyan Sahib jee Series - Charitar #50

paapiman

• 2 weeks later...

In this Charitar, the wife controls her husband via jantar and mantar (in addition to her beauty). Therefore, the husband's personality is not the only cause for his unmanly behavior. 

ਰਾਜਾ ਕੌ ਰਾਨੀ ਬਸਿ ਕਿਯੋ ॥

ਜੀਤ ਜੰਤ੍ਰ ਮੰਤ੍ਰਨ ਸੌ ਲਿਯੋ ॥

Bhul chuk maaf

This one is blatantly touching on ruling and governorship at the end. 

@paapiman

Can you stick the original text up?

On 7/15/2018 at 1:54 PM, paapiman said:

In this Charitar, the wife controls her husband via jantar and mantar (in addition to her beauty). Therefore, the husband's personality is not the only cause for his unmanly behavior. 

ਰਾਜਾ ਕੌ ਰਾਨੀ ਬਸਿ ਕਿਯੋ ॥

ਜੀਤ ਜੰਤ੍ਰ ਮੰਤ੍ਰਨ ਸੌ ਲਿਯੋ ॥

I don't think this is a case of black magic tantrism etc. I think here the emphasis is on sweet words and conduct.

If we look at the one main story we can see a strong resemblance to the characters involved and the state of the relationship between the King and his wife. It took the King years to find a similiar looking wife, so he won't want to lose her any time soon. So he bows to her every demand. This is what the King in this charitar does. In fact this King goes so far as to let her take control of his rule.

We can see in line 12 that the minsiter is telling the King, that Kings should never be blind supporters of their wives.

Note the theme of emasculation here as well.

ਰਾਜਾ ਕੌ ਰਾਨੀ ਕਿਯਾ ਦੇਖਤ ਸਕਲ ਜਹਾਨ ॥੪॥

Whole world transformed Raja into a Rani.(4)

On 7/15/2018 at 5:48 AM, paapiman said:

@amardeep @chatanga1 @Crystal

This is the last Charitar in volume 1 of Nidar's book. When will he release volume 2? Is there a way to contact him and ask him about it?

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

It might be a good idea to compile our research of the first 50 charitars into a document so we can have all the good and relevant information in one place.

If we juxtaposition the last few chariters it is interesting to note the differences in how the female protagonists act. 

On 7/18/2018 at 2:10 PM, Sajjan_Thug said:

It might be a good idea to compile our research of the first 50 charitars into a document so we can have all the good and relevant information in one place.

Excellent idea. Gurparsaad, Daas will start preparing a document with posts containing relevant analysis.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 7/16/2018 at 9:29 AM, chatanga1 said:

I don't think this is a case of black magic tantrism etc. I think here the emphasis is on sweet words and conduct.

ਮੰਤ੍ਰਨ can mean advice.

What can ਜੰਤ੍ਰ  mean (in this context) to indicate that the emphasis is on sweet words and conduct, and not on Tantrism?

The following are the meanings of ਜੰਤ੍ਰ  from Mahan Kosh:

ਸੰਗ੍ਯਾ- ਜੰਤੁ. ਜਾਨਵਰ। ੨. ਸੰ. ਯੰਤ੍ਰ. ਕਲ. ਮਸ਼ੀਨ. ਭਾਵ- ਦੇਹ. "ਜੀਅ ਜੰਤ੍ਰ ਸਭਿ ਤੇਰੇ ਥਾਪੇ." (ਮਾਝ ਮਃ ੫) ਜੀਵਾਤਮਾ ਅਤੇ ਜਿਸਮ ਸਭ ਤੇਰੇ ਥਾਪੇ। ੩. ਵਾਜਾ। ੪. ਤੰਤ੍ਰਸ਼ਾਸਤ੍ਰ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਟੂਣਾ. ਦੇਖੋ, ਯੰਤ੍ਰ. "ਨ ਜੰਤ੍ਰ ਮੇ ਨ ਤੰਤ੍ਰ ਮੇ ਨ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਵਸਿ ਆਵਈ." (ਅਕਾਲ) ੫. ਸੰ. ਜਨਿਤ੍ਰ. ਜਨਮਸ੍‍ਥਾਨ. "ਜੰਤ੍ਰ ਹੂੰ ਨ ਜਾਤਿ ਜਾਂਕੀ." (ਅਕਾਲ)

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

On 7/18/2018 at 7:10 PM, Sajjan_Thug said:

A good idea to try and get some idea of the underlying themes throughout the Granth as it progresses through charitars.

For instance, it's important to recognise that the King saw the folly of his actions and withdrew the death sentence on his son.

3 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

A good idea to try and get some idea of the underlying themes throughout the Granth as it progresses through charitars.

For instance, it's important to recognise that the King saw the folly of his actions and withdrew the death sentence on his son.

Sorry but when did he withdraw the death sentence ?

17 hours ago, amardeep said:

Sorry but when did he withdraw the death sentence ?

I can't remember which charitar it was but it was around 28 ish. The one where the King said " your words are like nectar in my ears."  After that there is no mention of the son being presented from or returned to prison.

On 7/18/2018 at 8:10 PM, Sajjan_Thug said:

I tried something similiar here. Feel free to continue the charitar summaries by going through the earlier posts:

www.sikhawareness.com/topic/18885-summary-findings-of-the-charitro-pakhyan/