RASE Report: Religiously Aggravated Sexual Exploitation of Sikh Girls (download link)

I just read the RASE report and I think that not only should every Sikh in the UK read it, those in other western diaspora communities (i.e. Canada and the US) should read it too, so they can be aware of such things taking place in their own countries of residence and also be informed about the persistent inaction by English authorities in dealing with this matter over decades. 

(Update:) Download from below. The original website has been removed. 

717576104_rasereport.thumb.png.856543ac99629fed7203c78650e617cf.png

407618858-RASE-Report-Sikh-Mediation-and-Rehabilitation-Team.pdf

Anyone read the report then? 

I thought it was seriously eye opening myself. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
2 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Link doesn't work.

That's what's weird dude. I think the government is shutting these things down as quick as they can. I even had a downloaded copy that's gone missing from my PC. Make of it what you will......

On 9/15/2021 at 12:46 PM, dalsingh101 said:

That's what's weird dude. I think the government is shutting these things down as quick as they can. I even had a downloaded copy that's gone missing from my PC. Make of it what you will......

I'm pretty good and finding stuff and have had zero luck with that pdf or site. Or even evidence the site existed. 

Here's three closeish contenders that will be interesting to read. They may have offensive ideas. Have not read yet. 

UnheardVoices.pdfthe-changing-nature-of-activism-among-sikhs-in-the-uk-today-221019.pdf0306396819895727.pdf

It's mentioned in this paper. 

https://www.academia.edu/38447014/The_Sexual_Exploitation_of_Young_Sikhs_in_the_UK_docx

Skip to main content

Accelerate your career with Courses, Academia's newest featureACCESS COURSES NOW×

Search

The Sexual Exploitation of Young Sikhs in the UK.docx

New English Review, 2019Paula Boddington 

Paula Boddington

Full PDF Package

Summary

More

PAPER

RELATED

Original PDF 

Summary

The Sexual Exploitation of Young Sikhs inthe UK

A new report sheds light on some of the consequences of turning ablind eye to allegations

by Paula Boddington

(January 2019)

Much of the world now

knows about the UK’s shameful ‘groominggangs’ (or mor

e accurately, rape, pimping, and torture gangs), that havedevastated the lives of thousands of young people, their families, andcommunities the length and breadth of Britain. In media reports, thesegangs are often said to be targeting white girls (and some boys). Manyhave known for some time however that, in actual fact, victims can comefrom any community and from any ethnic or religious group. It remains

the case that not enough is known or understood about ‘grooming gang’

crimes, and how they fit into the broader patterns of the sadly widespreadsexual abuse of children and vulnerable young adults.

A recent report published in November 2018,

The Religiously AggravatedSexual Exploitation of Young Sikh Women Across the UK 

,[1] (the RASEreport) has brought to the attention of the media, both in Britain andelsewhere, allegations of widespread targeting by mostly Muslim Pakistani

‘groomers’ of Sikh girls and young women—

and indeed, sometimes boystoo. The report presents evidence that Sikhs have been victims of suchcrimes for nigh on fifty years, with court cases documented as long agoas 1961, and reports of abuse ongoing. The report alleges that Sikhs havebeen especially targeted because of their religion. It documents

allegations that men have pretended to be Sikh in order to gain a girl’s

trust, and it argues that demographic and cultural factors made Sikhs aparticular target of Pakistani Muslim predators.

The RASE report also claims that cultural and religious factors meant thatthe Sikh community has been repeatedly failed by the authorities, withtheir allegations of targeted abuse ignored or rejected. Why might this bethe case? According to the report, there appear to be distinctive patternsto the abuse of young Sikhs, but for anyone who has looked in detail atthis particular kind of crime within the wider community, certain aspectsare all too recognizable. These similarities extend to the ways thatallegations have been brushed aside, and to how the victims, theirfamilies, and communities, have been viewed.

The accounts of patterns of exploitation have a sickening ring offamiliarity. A Sikh woman whom I met at the launch of this report,Harminder Kaur, told me afterwards:Ever since from my secondary school days, I have seen first-hand howthe girls would be targeted by the Pakistani men outside the schools andyounger inside the school. There were cases of men hanging aroundoutside the school. As I had come from India and I was educated in thepolitical history, I was more aware of the root causes. Also, there wereonly a handful of Pakistani girls coming into school in those days, as soonthey were in their teens they were married off or sent to Pakistan,another reason that the target for boys and men were the Sikh and Hindugirls.

There were girls who fell into the vile trap that was laid to them by thePakistanis too, they were innocent girls with dreams. Some girls feltundervalued and craved attention whilst others were from middle classfamilies who became targets. I remember one girl who had come fromEast Africa and few weeks later, she went missing. It was quite commonto hear that so-and-

so’s daughter had run away with a Muslim. To where

no one knew.

There are particular aspects of the grooming of Sikhs that merit closescrutiny and understanding, including the claim that these crimes arereligiously aggravated. The alleged patterns of abuse meted out uponSikh victims shed further light on the widespread abuse by groominggangs carried out on young people from the white British population; it isinstructive to compare and contrast the modus operandi of the crimesagainst different victims. Indeed, there is reason to consider that, hadconcerns of the Sikh community been taken seriously decades ago,

‘lessons might have been learnt’, to coin a phrase, regarding the abuse

which subsequently came to light against white victims. As the report

says, ‘At the same time as the concerns of the Sikh community remain

unaddressed, gangs of predominantly Pakistani men have been convictedof targeting young white females for sexual exploitation in cities acrossthe United Kingdom. The common factor among these convictions is theutilisation of those techniques identified by the Sikh community thirty

years earlier.’ 

[2]

The RASE report is presented as an interim report only, and indeed morework needs to be done, but there is plenty of reason to think that thesituation merits considerable attention. Allegations of widespread sexualexploitation of white girls by gangs were being made for years before anyserious action was taken, and official reports and serious case reviewshave identified various factors which led authorities, including the police,the social services, and local councils, to turn a blind eye to what wasgoing on.[3] This in itself gives

prima facie

reason to wonder if the samemay be true concerning the allegations in the RASE report.

However, at the same time as taking these allegations seriously, it’s vital

to be as precise and as rigorous as the evidence to date allows. Witnessthe attacks which have been levelled at the report into grooming gangsby the Quilliam Foundation, released in 2017.[4] The authors of thisreport admit that they were prompted to examine the issue out of

scepticism about claims that ‘Asian’ men (a term widely used in Britain to

indicate ethnic origins in Pakistan, Bangladesh, India or Sri Lanka) weredisproportionately involved in the particular type of serious sexual offence

that’s come to be known as ‘grooming’. Yet the report concluded that

about 84% of the known offenders were in fact of Pakistani ethnicity.(Maajid Nawaz has stated more explicitly that the majority of perpetratorsare not simply Pakistani, but Pakistani Muslims.) This figure has sincebeen widely cited, and also widely criticised. There are indeed

shortcomings in Quilliam’s report. The report is unclear about how the

researchers collected the data they used and how they analysed it. Thereare also difficulties in ascertaining the ethnicity and religion ofperpetrators, and of victims.

Read More in

New English Review 

:

First as Tragedy, Then as Farce: How Marx Predicted the Fate of Marxism

1 minute ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I know. I'll look it up on the syuk website...oh wait...

I'm just saying, whose got the power to remove an email from my inbox. And also make a downloaded file disappear??? 

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Talk about a slap on the wrists. Yeesh. No wonder justice spilled into the streets. 

I'm pretty sure these types of 'slaps on the wrist' sentences just sent a message to the warped predators to do it even more.  

History clearly shows this to be the case. 

2 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

I'm pretty sure these types of 'slaps on the wrist' sentences just sent a message to the warped predators to do it even more.  

History clearly shows this to be the case. 

Amen bro. Happens in this country all the time, for a long time. See what you can get away with? No go ahead and get with it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...