Sukhmani Sahib

mit

Hello peeps,

I have started doing sukhmani sahib and it takes ages to do in one go. I do it on a morning. Is it ok if i do it bit by bit, i.e do half one morning and the other half in the evening. Also, does it matter how many days i complete it in because what i have been doing is doing the Paath bit by bit every morning and it takes about 2-3 days to complete.

Minda.

As far i know veer, there is no set maryada to do sukhmani sahib, so yea its fine if you do it bit by bit, main idea is to take a jump in ocean of bliss via gurbani and stay there. For some gurmantar is enough to be in ocean of bliss, for some mool mantar, for some japji sahib, for some sukhmani sahib, for some akaal ustat, for some whole akhand patt.

I take a whole week to do it :twisted:

I started doing it all in one day like few months ago...but i realized my dhyaan was on the clock and not the bani, coz i was timing myself daily "ajj enna time laggeya, ajj enna laggeya"...then im like "yaar swaad ni aunda :( ", so i went back to 1 full paath per week...slow n steady wins the race, bani samjho and get Guru's grace...dargah vich tera ujjala face, and shaheed singhs will guard ur place...

Just remember one thing. Quality of path done is more important than quantity of paath done. Do it SLOW AND STEADILY, ABSORBING EACH VERSE . If you can absorb even one verse from sukhmani sahib in ur mind, it will give you great bliss. So I say do it SLOW AND STEADY.

Remember SLOW AND STEADY wins the race. Not the person who recites like a machine.

I take a whole week to do it :twisted:

I started doing it all in one day like few months ago...but i realized my dhyaan was on the clock and not the bani, coz i was timing myself daily "ajj enna time laggeya, ajj enna laggeya"...then im like "yaar swaad ni aunda :( ", so i went back to 1 full paath per week...slow n steady wins the race, bani samjho and get Guru's grace...dargah vich tera ujjala face, and shaheed singhs will guard ur place...

AGREED 100% + 1%.

Xylitol wrote:

"according to sant-scholar Naranjan Singh ji, Sukhmani Sahib can be done in parts, but should all be completed within one day"

1. What is Naranjan Singh's reference for this assertion, not that its a bad thing, but implication here is that anyone doing the paath over a period exceeding 24 hours is breaking some supposed rule - where is this rule laid down?

2. What qualifies Narajan Singh as a "sant-scholar"