Hair removed by brushing hair?

I'm still @ a process of tinking of taking Amrit. But i wanna kno sumting. If u got long uncut hair and u brush it and u notice dat sum hair has been removed? Is this hair removal happening because of gods will, or do we hav 2 b extra carefull wen ur amritdheri? And is dis against da Code Of Conduct?

u should comb ur kesh every day, keepin it free of any tangles n knots.. hair that jus drops out of ur head while u comb it is jus because it becomes weak from the root... there is nothin wrong in this its bound to happen to some hair... as long as u dont purposely pull ur hair out then its fine :D

• 2 weeks later...

I just throw in the garbage. I know i might be just doing terrible paap. But again sggs says

paapi koo pyaraa paap boora (sggs) :mrgreen:

My thing is that i want to be comfortable by rehat maryada.. i m improving a lot.. i have taken amrit but right this minute i m just pure pappi :mrgreen:

Wahegur Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Yea its not a bad thing if ure hair comes out when u brush them, they are just ure weak hairs like Steel Bangle said so. So dont worry abt that.

Yes you are supposed to burn your hair (doin sanskar), but you SHOULDN'T throw your hair in the garbage, because that hair is blessed wid Amrit and if you just throw it its just straight bayudbee (sorry dnt know how to spell it correctly) :P

Yes I'm amritdari too, but Im just a stupid pappi too...but I hope one day that I can be a true Gursikh, but you know it takes time...

Neways WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I HEAR PPL SAY u are suppose to do sanskar of all ur 5ks when they become useless. like broken

i dont believe this, im stil looking for proof from bani, I HEAR its in the sarbloh granth...

dunno though

ps , some ppl say to through it in the river if u cant burn it

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

No. Its not a ritual to burn your broken hairs, well its the best way to get rid of them, unless u wanna keep them forever! :P

Okay lets say if you dont burn you hairs, but let them go down your sink, then that way its just doin bayudbee and besides they'd block your sink too! Okay if you throw them in the garbage, its still bayudbee like i mentioned b4...

Its up to u, do wat u feel is right for u, but burning ure hairs is the best way and respectful way to get rid of ure broken hairs...I hope you go my point :D

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Ususally when you take amrit the panj piarey will tell you exacty how to dispose of your hair that comes out. If you find that they haven't told you then you should ask at the end of the ceremony. There is ususally a question and answer period provided for that. Throwing your hair in the garbage is GROSS. Would you throw anything that is precious to you in the garbage (along with other yucky things) because it is not of use any more? PLEASE refrain from throwing your kesh in the garbage as this is UTMOST biyadbee and disrespect to something that Guru Ji has given such a high value too. Try to keep them in a bag and when you have an amount that you think is "burnable" do so. Try to do it outside as it has a wierd smell. I was told to throw the ashes in a flowing river or to bury them. Basically like we would do to a human body.

Ususally when you take amrit the panj piarey will tell you exacty how to dispose of your hair that comes out. If you find that they haven't told you then you should ask at the end of the ceremony. There is ususally a question and answer period provided for that. Throwing your hair in the garbage is GROSS. Would you throw anything that is precious to you in the garbage (along with other yucky things) because it is not of use any more? PLEASE refrain from throwing your kesh in the garbage as this is UTMOST biyadbee and disrespect to something that Guru Ji has given such a high value too. Try to keep them in a bag and when you have an amount that you think is "burnable" do so. Try to do it outside as it has a wierd smell. I was told to throw the ashes in a flowing river or to bury them. Basically like we would do to a human body.

I agree 100%

throwing hari in da bin is a bedbi ( I'm sue i spelled that wrong but n e way)

and that its really disrespectful

towards God's present ( da body)

simple....firstly, kesh is a kakaar (regardless, this isn't meant to start an arguement about the Kakaars)...why disrespect your kakaars

secondly, your nails that you cut are purely dead cells, they are meant to be cut when they die

and finally, sikhi is based on practicality, and you simply can't live your life normally with 9 inch long nails, but you can live normally with how many ever metres of hair.

i hope this answered your question