Gelatine - allowed or not??

Sat sri akal

I have a question. Is it allowed for sikhs to eat gelatine??

As far as I know, it's not allowed to eat gelatine if you have taken amrit. There are gelatine in a lot of things (vitamine pills, candy, chewing-gum etc),is it allowed to eat things with gelatine?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

some stuff has gelatine in there - i know that chewing gum doesnt..

gelatine is crushed animal bones to give food a certain consistency, its mainly found in sweets - so really u shouldnt be eatin anything with gelatine in there

many poeple dont know what it even is - up until a short while ago i never even knew that they use rennet to curdle milk - rennet is something from an animal too

also another shocker - walkers cheese n onion crisps have animal extracts in there :shock:

its up to the person to check the ingredients of food - cos nowadays they put all sorts of crap into em... but if u eat it without knowing then ur ok

best thing is to jus eat roti and sabji :P:P:P

no u shouldn't eat foods with gelatin if ur an amritdhari.

like sb said gum doesn't contain gelatin

but they're are many candies that do...like skittles, now & laters...u jus have to check

best thing is to jus eat roti and sabji

still gotta check there...

i usually dont go grocery shopping wit my parents but i went a while back and was shocked to see that even gobi has animal products in it. It is coated with animal fats (or something like that i dont remember exactly wut the sign said).

confused - it depends on which choclate u eat - normal plain,dark, white chocalate is fine to eat if you wish

but some chocs like mars - snickers have egg in them

best to check b4 u eat :D

i dunno if anyone else knows this place in India... when you are going along the GT-Road.. I cant remember off the top of my head exactly where it is... but TRUST ME.. if you've smelt the air in the area.. you'll remember..

Its just as you go over the bridge of a flood plain... there is an animal processing factory near by, and it gives off a vile stench of dead rotting/burning flesh....

I believe they process gelatin there...

Its vile... I was there in September... evertime I went past, I'd hold my breath... believe.. I can hold my breath for a long time now!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fatehhhhh!

Here are some more things that we should look out for:

http://www.peta.org/mall/cc/ingred.html

i.e. Gelatin.

Protein obtained by boiling skin, tendons, ligaments, and/or bones with water. From cows and pigs.

Its a LONG list but we should try to avoid these things as much as possible! Try not to eat, wear, or use animal produts. The above mentioned site lists the products, thier uses and gives alternatives to ALL the animal products they list. You'll notice, as I did, that many of the animal products that we use are in medicine, and Guru Ji said it best when they said "sarab rogh ka aukhad naam." Many of the other things that are listed are things that we can live without (i.e. make-up).For more info on vegetarianism visit:

1) peta.org

2) meetyourmeat.com

These two are excellent sites and provide sufficient info for anyone who is interested!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fatehhh!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fatehhhhh!

Here are some more things that we should look out for:

http://www.peta.org/mall/cc/ingred.html

i.e. Gelatin.

Protein obtained by boiling skin, tendons, ligaments, and/or bones with water. From cows and pigs.

Its a LONG list but we should try to avoid these things as much as possible! Try not to eat, wear, or use animal produts. The above mentioned site lists the products, thier uses and gives alternatives to ALL the animal products they list. You'll notice, as I did, that many of the animal products that we use are in medicine, and Guru Ji said it best when they said "sarab rogh ka aukhad naam." Many of the other things that are listed are things that we can live without (i.e. make-up).For more info on vegetarianism visit:

1) peta.org

2) meetyourmeat.com

These two are excellent sites and provide sufficient info for anyone who is interested!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fatehhh!

wta does it mean?

I'm not sure myself

but according to

sirgranth.rog's translator:

sarab rog kaa a-ukhad naam.

The Naam is the panacea, the remedy to cure all ills.

n I got NO idea why some (dunnu who) meantioned taht in this topic :

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.g...jabi=t&id=12224

u can find this exscat translation

in da end of da page

//BHULLA CHUKKA MAAF

WJKK WJKF

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

First of all i am a she not a he. Second of all if you read my post properly you would know why i wrote that quote in there. Some of things that have animal products in them are medicines and we DON'T need medicines as a cure. The cure is NAAM!

Sarab Rogh Ka Aukhad Naam means "The Naam is the remedy to cure all ills." This is written by Guru Arjun on panna 274

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

okay then safe... but theres no need really cus mine will win!!!!!!!!

We are eating Gobi at da mo!!!!!!!!! (if there was an icon with a face and its tongue sticking out id put it here)

DONT TRY AND EVEN TEST MY MUMS COOKING PAGEEEE... IM AFRAID TO TELL U WILL LOOOOOOOSEE!!! GIVE UP NOW WHILE U STILL CAN. REALLY I WONT HOLD IT AGAINST U. SUCHI MAN. JUST...JUST... oh my gosh this is making me cr... JUST DONT!!!!!!