Sri Dasmesh Pita Ji

Freed

ਪਿਤਾ ਮੇਰੋ ਬਡੋ ਧਨੀ ਅਗਮਾ ॥ ਉਸਤਤਿ ਕਵਨ ਕਰੀਜੈ ਕਰਤੇ ਪੇਖਿ ਰਹੇ ਬਿਸਮਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

pithaa maero baddo dhhanee agamaa ||ousathath kavan kareejai karathae paekh rehae bisamaa ||1|| rehaao ||

My Father is wealthy, deep and profound.What praises should I chant, O Creator Lord? Beholding You, I am wonder-struck. ||1||Pause||

Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gujri Ang 507

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh !!

Lakh Lakh Vadhaai to All - May Guru Sahib Shower Blessings on you all this Vaisakhi.

Also a big Thank you to all the sewadars at Sikhawareness.com for bringing back my favourite Sikhi Forum !!

To celebrate Vaisakhi I am posting perhaps my most favourite painting of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

This image is from P S Padam's 'Gobind Saagar' - The image is from a Pracheen Saroop of Sri Dasam Granth - compiled under the guidance of Mata Sundari Ji. The painting dates from around CE 1700 - this date together with it being pasted into a saroop of Sri Dasm Granth complied by Mata Ji gives it special significance. It can be argued that it is perhaps one of the earliest portraits of Guru Sahib perhaps even a contemporary one.

Enjoy !

scan102092.jpg

*From Gobind Saagar - Piara Singh Padam. Patiala 1991

Ranjit Singh 'Freed'

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I was looking at the image. Am I seeing things or does Guru Gobind Singh have a hoop earring?