The Name Nanak

The Bhavishyapurana is known to be a notorious fraud amongs Indological scholars. Read Bhatt, M. and Remy, J. (1982). Le Kalki Purana, translated from Sanskrit, followed by a study by A. Preau, preface by J. Varenne. Milano: Arche. Especially the preface by Jean Varenne who used to teach Sanskrit at Aix-en-Provence University and was among the best Sanskritists in Europe. From a linguistic point of view there are simply too many borowings for this to be an old Sanskrit text. The text "predicts" the rule of Akbar and the East India Company...Strangely enough not a single acharay of the classical period ever mentions that work or engages with the doctrines expounded in them. It is at best a masterpiece of manipulation for the Indian masses. To see it being quoted by a Taksali master (the same one who says that Muhammad created a panth of eunuchs and stole his revelation from a sadhu) speaks volumes about the "scholarship" of taksal. But then again if a taksali scholar says that the colour of milk is black we're supposed to believe him because he's a sriman sant mahapurush etc of taksal.

In which parva? Also...what does it matter if the text itself was composed after the events it is supposed to have "predicted"? The Bhavishyottarapurana is a much latter addition to the original Bhavishyapurana which is a Shaiva purana that also contains doctrinal and liturgical texts including sectiosn about Saura worship. The text you're referring is very recent and was added as an appendinx to the original purana and is considered by serious Indologists to be a forgery. In clear: it doesn't prove anything. It's not the first text of the kind. The Mahanirvana Tantra has whole sections that cleary show British influence. But I am not surprised to that text being used to confirm some spurious prophecies. With a bit of reasoning people should find it a bit strange that:

1. The Bhavishyottarapurana talks of avataras whereas Shaiva texts don't care about avatarvad because it's rejected in Shaivism.

2. Strangely enough the predictions all have something to do with Bengal...they "predict" the coming of Chaitanya and his goswamis, the British Raj, Queen Victoria and even Calcutta...Why do the predictions end there? Why isn't there a mention of Hitler, the Holocaust, WWI and WWII...

I have been havin a look at this on some other sites. want to share this wiv evry1 and your responses plz.

Seshwar Sehra: When I asked questions regarding Shree Guru Nanak, the following verse was mentioned: (i) In Mandala 7, Ush 5, Mantra 5 and Chapter 6 "Bee chakram prithoi aishai ta khestraaeh Vishnu mansai das sayaan throvaah so asaya keeryo janaas oeroo khashatra so janama chakaar (8)". Meaning "when in the world the sinful ways will be on the rise and noble behavior will vanish, as the disappearance of the moon when on its wane on the darkest night, there will appear Vishnu as a prominent Prophet from the Keshatra Clan and will manifest in consecutive form through 10 Prophets to bring back the ways of virtue to the ailing world." Since in this verse it says that Vishnu will appear as a prominent prophet. Does this mean praying this prophet is praying to God? I am asking this because from what I know Ram was an avtar of Vishnu, and I continuously praise his name. Is this wrong because he was human on earth, by Rig Veda? Or is it correct to praise prophets as they are god on earth?

Swami Ramswarup: Correct number of the mantra is Rigveda-mandal 7, sukta 100, mantra 4 and correct pronunciation is as under please:- "VI CHAKRAMEY PRITHIVIMESH ETAAM KSHETRAYE VISHNNURMANUSHEY DASHASYAN, DHRUVAASO ASYA KEERYO JANAAS URUKSHITIM SUJANIMA CHAKAAR."

Meaning:- (VISHNNUHU) omnipresent God (MANUSHE) for man i.e. human beings (KSHETRAYE) abhyuden i.e., to give all kinds of benefit in long, happy life (DASHASYAN) to give Abhyuden i.e., to give all kinds of benefits, comforts, assets, wealth in long, happy life etc., to the human beings. Omnipresent God (VICHAKRAMEY) has made (PRITHIVEEM, ETAAM) this earth. (JANAASAHA) devotees (ASYA) of the God (DHRUVAASAHA) have become firm to worship. Because (URUKSHITIM) this wide spread, huge earth (CHAKAAR) is made by (SUJANIMA) God that is wonderful creator.

IDEA- The word Vishnu made from Sanskrit root word "VISHLARI". The meaning of which is omnipresent and there is only one Almighty God who is omnipresent. Yajurveda states - "DYAVA PRITHIVI JANYAN DEV EKAHA" i.e., there is only one unchangeable, eternal God who creates the universe. So the meaning of Vishnu is omnipresent God and not prophet. In other Ved mantras like Mandal 10, sukta 129 it is clarified that Almighty God who is formless and omnipresent creates, nurses and destroys and again creates the universe alone. Yajurveda mantra 40/8 states He is Shukram i.e., Almighty, akaya i.e., formless. Almighty means He has all unlimited powers and therefore does not need any assistance, for fulfilling any purpose of universe. He alone does all his supreme deeds like creation, nursing etc. Therefore he too does not need any prophet (saint, yogi etc.,) to take care of the universe. Prophet can never be God. God was one, is one and shall ever remain one.

Rigveda mantra 1/164/46 and Yajurveda mantra 32/1 states that there is only one God but he has unlimited divine qualities and therefore His names are unlimited based on His qualities but God remains always one. So His names are Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh, Varunn, Agni, Surya, Chandrama etc. So we have to worship only one Almighty, formless God who creates, nurses and destroys the universe.

Yajurveda mantra 7/48 states that human beings are free to do pious deeds or sins but result is awarded in the shape of pleasure and sorrows respectively by God.

No saint, yogi etc., is required by God to help Him to control the worldly situation etc. Suppose the world i.e., human beings become sinful and noble behaviours vanish away etc., as written by you then naturally the same situation occurs due to sinful deeds of humans and God under His natural administration would punish human-beings. Then nobody on the earth either saint or yogi etc., is able to save the situation.

Therefore question of taking birth of Vishnu etc., does not arise. Otherwise Vedas tell that creation, nursing and destruction is eternal and takes place automatically at a stipulated time under the control of Almighty God. As said in Shwetashwaropnishad shloka 6/8, "Swabhaviki Gyan bal Kriya Cha" i.e., knowledge, power and divine actions of God take place automatically.

Please read articles on Vedic Philosophy. If soul assimilates into God then who will experience the divine pleasure. So soul neither assimilates into God nor is a piece of God which can be separated from God. Soul can never be God. I have written a book named- "Vedanta and eternal vedas' philosophy" and I would advise you to please read the same if you so desire. Book can be sent in receipt of your postal address. Price of book is Rs. 40/- excluding postal charges. God is not energy but has unlimited qualities like knowledge, power and divine deeds etc.

No saint, yogi etc., is required by God to help Him to control the worldly situation etc. Suppose the world i.e., human beings become sinful and noble behaviours vanish away etc., as written by you then naturally the same situation occurs due to sinful deeds of humans and God under His natural administration would punish human-beings. Then nobody on the earth either saint or yogi etc., is able to save the situation.

Therefore question of taking birth of Vishnu does not arise. Otherwise Vedas tell that creation, nursing and destruction is eternal and takes place automatically at a stipulated time under the control of Almighty God. As said in Shwetashwaropnishad shloka 6/8, "Swabhaviki Gyan bal Kriya Cha" i.e., knowledge, power and divine actions of God take place automatically. Please read the article on creation and prakriti.