keski wale kuriyaa

paaji...neither do i knw you...neither do i know khalsa souljah...

i dont agree with alot of what you say, and i dont agree with alot of what khalsa souljah says...

but im not gonna completely belittle you for it....

and no arrogance is what you said....arrogance is your "im educated and your not attitude" that seems to come off on alot your posts...

guru ji MAY have blessed you with a good education and a good dimaag (that doesnt mean i think ur always rite), but it didnt mean that you ridicule others because your that bit smarter...

chill out calm down...you will never find any 2 ppl with the same views so if you dont agree with him then leave him...

some ppl here believe that eating meat is a sin...you do tho...yet noone has said that your not a sikh or that your a panthic dusht...so just chill out and use a little patience...maybe you could teach him summin instead of just arguing with everything he says??

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a bandana isnt really like a hat u still gotta tie it

by the same rationale a chunni cud b a hat :o

yep, thats the point, guruji gave it to us, n we shudnt replace it, we shud b pround of it!

men and women are 100percent equal in sikhi, without a doubt, in this messed up age when women arent even allowed to do seva in harmandir, this is the time when singhnees need 2 retain their identity more than b4!

she doesnt want my style, she dnt like it lol :(

wot style u learnin 2 do now steel bangle? panjabi style or dumalla?

jjj.........everyone has a different interpritation of the rahit...call me taliban.....but when sikhi says "one who wears a hat is reborn as a leper" i tend to stay away from hats because guruji knows better than i do, its just a case of follow the rahit ..... if its out cold then tie a bigger phug :)

no man its not becoz of the cold. Phug is better than winter cap. Actually the job requires me to wear a black cap, so I choose to wear a winter cap and not sure if they allow me to work with a phug , so I think its okay to wear a winter cap. Its not that you are breaking the rehat. YOu know when Guru Ji was surrounded by muslims and there was no way out. So Guru Ji opened his hair and became a Muslim pir and came out, why did they do this? They didnt need to change anything, a devotee when looking behind at Guru Ji saw , Guru Ji with all his army and in full power and yet the devotee questionned that why Guru then changed to a pir? Guru Ji said not to look behind but keep lookin forward. A Great powerful man like Guru Ji has full power to destroy all the muslim army alone, but all that they do is just to show us and so that we can live by that example. So Guru Ji tells us that if we get into any sort of trouble or problem.. we too can change ourselves. The only thing is that you should have all the 5 kakkars and not do kurahit.

Okay . .. when I too took amrit.. I asked the panj pyare about the kirpan during travel times and they told me that its okay, I can remove the kirpan and once I get there I can take ishnana do jap ji and wear it again. So its not like u break the rehat man !

Grow up. dont be like those taliban-ish styles.

at the mo i have a taksal stylee dastar.. i have a pic of wat im tryin to learn but cant be bothered to upload :P the first 2 lar go diagonally.. then the ones after that are all horizontal - going up and then rounding off at the top :D

jjj chill!

singhs were given dastaar...not hats..its not being talibanistic to follow rehit to the maximum

"rehit pyaara mujhko sikh pyaarah nahee"

the rehit you show is often (not always -there alot os pakhandee too) a good show of your love for guru ji...

this doesnt work in all cases but if your not willing to keep the roop guru ji gave you unless its imperative then you shouldnt...you should at least find out if you are allowed..

and with regards to guru ji....noone said he let his hair down....we dont knw wether or not he kept his keski/dumalla so you shouldnt make baselesss accusations to back your point...

so dont accuse others of being talibanish if you feel its ok to be lax on your rehit...i think thats a really shameful comment...

others arnt the ones that need 2 grow up

cool take it easy. I dont wear hats .. always a pugh :sikhigrin: or a patka :stan: , rarely i will just put a winter cap if i need to get something done real quick and that to just to cover my head. and my gutty is always covered with a rumal tied up, but my amritdhari friend told me that its not gonna hurt if i wear a cap. I dont mean the round hats if u think. but still okay i agree to a certain extent and point that perhaps i shouldnt even wear a witner cap. so I decided that I wont from now on.

On the otherhand.. the rehat doesnt say women need to wear keski :sikhiwink1: and usually women who wear it are just showing-off to much. Chunni is just fine. I've been taught that these thing should be kept within.

wat a stupid stupid thing to say!!!

On the otherhand.. the rehat doesnt say women need to wear keski :sikhiwink1: and usually women who wear it are just showing-off to much

whereas you should be encouraging bibiah to wear it, saying how good it is, you go saying that all they doin is showing off?!

does no1 else hav a prblm wid dat?!

Jassa, waht wrong you ssee in women who dont wear it? While I am not against wearing it nor for it. As it really NOT GONNA MATTER A PINT ! , but those who I have seen wearing it.. usually fall in the snares of pride , coz they kind of feel more superiority.. so its more like a show-off and the greater part of women who wear just chunni are far greater spiritually wise and ahead. More than that it is not really necessary. Guru Sahib didnt make us to get attached or get stuck on something ! which you are getting stuck on just becoz women in the past wore keski. Guru Sahib Himself became a muslim pir.. just to show us that we too can change and Guru Nanak was always changing his dress wherever he went. You guys are just getting stuck on idiotic things, its like those talibanists.

Keski for women is not in the rehat and as long as you keep the 5 kakkars adn not do the 4 kurahits.. you are doing alright. wearing keski on women is just the extra-stuff man keeps adding !

jjj.......wots a winter hat/cap??????? :? i prob dnt undastand wot u mean

lol.....u are not showing off if u are wearing a keski....alot of ppl think its a kakkar....so they are following their rehat.....in the same way ur not showing off by wearing a kara

its not as easy as u think for a girl to go out in a keski......much harder than it is for a boy

i find it hard to believe that guruji would give men their own special sikh identity but leave women looking the same as the hindus.....and guru gobind singh says in his 52 commands "always wear a turban" and that is irrelevant of gender...as is the sau sakhi rahitnama telling u to keep a big and a little turban....plus theres bhai daya singhs rahitnama saying women should never keep their hair loose but tie a topknot....and ive never seen a bibi with a jurra just covered with a chunni (wud look a little silly IMHO)

steel bangle......wot it sounds like is u are doin a dumalla....i do that...they r hevy :D

so if a women doesnt wear a keski, is she hindu .. thats pretty funny and whats wrong in a hindu? Mr. Khalistani?

and if a women doesnt wear a keski.. does it mean she cant meet Guru ji? well u can wear it if u like to... but dont judge others as i said that there are girls more closer to Guru ji without keski than there are with keski. It really doesnt matter.

No, read my post. Think about it.

Sikh men were given a unique form.

Why were Sikh women kept the same?

Can you recognise a Singhnee on the street (other than the kara)? Alot I see could be Muslim (because their chunni is dark) or hindu (becuz hindus wear chunnis aswell)..........the question is........why would Guruji not give a Singhnee full Khalsa roop in the same way he gave a man? How can a Singhnee maintain her identity and "Khalsa roop" when she looks so similar to those around her?

Im not saying Keski girls are gurmukhs and non are manmukhs, or without a keski you go to hell, or without a keski you are a hindu, im just saying that i see a contradiction or question that doesnt appear to have an answer, other than it is possible that the original rahit may have recommended women to wear a keski.....u no wat i mean?