Liber Astarte

Do you know the man who wrote this was a renowned Satanist and was rumoured to sacrifice children to boost his energy levels. He was a member of the order of the Golden Dawn which practiced the black arts. He was controlled by dark forces.

Fateh!

I know the legends that surround the man - legends he was very fond of perpetuating, I might add. The Golden Dawn practiced a mixture of Masonic ceremonial, and practical thaumaturgy and mysticism inspired by Rosicrucian legend and esoteric Christianity. There was, and is (they still exist), nothing dark about what they do.

Anyway, one can read the liber above without knowing who the author was as it describes the skeletal structure of Bhakti Yoga in it's most fundamental form - it can apply to God by whatever name God is known, and applies to worship of Devatas as well as Nirguna Brahman. The underlying message of the liber is that the methodology in all these forms of worship is the same.

Regards,

K.

Kaljug is going down a dangerous road Crowley was one of those individuals with a very disturbed childhood his mother was a strict christian and called him the beast a title he later assumed himself. With such a bad childhood how can anything good come. He was like Adolf Hitler a disturbed person who was primed and controlled by satanic and demonic forces to increase suffering and pain in the world, pain and suffering and negative emotions are the food of these beings, and they control people who resonate the same frequency as them to manifest these things. Esoterism is neutral it can be used for good and bad thats why these secrets were so jealously guarded in the past.

Fateh!

Ishraqi:

I always thought Niddarists (Niddarites? Niddarims? Niddarians?) were obsessed with Sanatanism not Satanism. I'm told there is some difference. ;-)

Mekhane'ch Jannat:

There's no need to be so superstitious. Adolf didn't need "satanic and demonic forces" compelling him to kill Jews, his anti-Semitism and the moral laxity of his soldiers was all that was needed for the Holocaust to happen.

Crowley had a pretty privileged despite being brought up among the conservative Christian Plymouth Brethren. Anyway, it's impossible to defend a personality as contradictory and complex as Crowley's. If you find his work so disturbing (and I'm assuming you have read his work not just the tabloid stories about him), it is probably not for you.

Matheen:

That's why I put it in the Spirit Zone not the Sikhi discussion forum. I hope you can see how the liber relates to bhakti yoga.

Regards,

K.

Kaljug Ji,

It depends on how you define demonic forces – if in the ‘Gurmat’ sense – we are talking about a ‘demon’ being a person who is a slave to the 5 thieves – the 5 thieves (in control) being the demonic forces (or Shaitaan). Adolf in this case, was most certainly possessed by demonic forces – as is anyone who becomes a puppet to the 5.

Kaljug Ji,

It depends on how you define demonic forces – if in the ‘Gurmat’ sense – we are talking about a ‘demon’ being a person who is a slave to the 5 thieves – the 5 thieves (in control) being the demonic forces (or Shaitaan). Adolf in this case, was most certainly possessed by demonic forces – as is anyone who becomes a puppet to the 5.

Fateh, Veer ji!

If we use that definition rather than the common definition of demonic possession, it would imply that we are all possessed by demons to some degree. In that sense, Adolf is still no different to any other person. The point remains that there was nothing supernatural about Hitler's genocide of "undesirables" like Jews, gypsies, and coloured people.

K.

"If we use that definition rather than the common definition of demonic possession, it would imply that we are all possessed by demons to some degree. In that sense, Adolf is still no different to any other person. The point remains that there was nothing supernatural about Hitler's genocide of "undesirables" like Jews, gypsies, and coloured people."

In essence - we are all 'controlled' by demons as you say - our objective is 'to' take control of these demons - and in doing so, take control of our destiny.

What level of 'control' (of the 5) makes someone a demon (pure) themself... probably the amount that turns someone into a killer of innocents.

Regarding Hitler and Supernatural - I didn't know him personally, so anyones guess...

As an example:

ਬਿਨੁ ਬੂਝੇ ਪਸੂ ਭਏ ਬੇਤਾਲੇ ॥੬॥

and

ਸਚੁ ਸਚਾ ਜਿਨੀ ਨ ਸੇਵਿਆ ਸੇ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਮੂੜ ਬੇਤਾਲੇ ॥

the following is a quote from Hermann Rauschining an aide to Hitler from the book Hitler speaks

One cannot help thinking of him as a medium. For the most time, mediums are ordinary insignificant people. Suddenly they are endowed with what seems to be supernatural powers which set them apart from humanity. The medium is possessed. Once the crisis is passed, they fall back again into mediocrity. It was in this way, beyond any doubt, that Hitler was possessed by forces outside of himself - almost demoniacal forces of which the individual man Hitler was only the temporary vehicle. The mixture of banal and supernatural created that insupportable duality of which one was conscious in his presence....It was like looking at a bizarre face whose expression seemed to reflect an unbalanced state of mind coupled with the disquieting impression of hidden powers.

I think it obvious the man Hitler was but a vehicle for other forces. The same with Crowley who wrote the book of law totally automatically and the strange thing is this book of law shares much the same sentiments of Nazism i.e. the coming of the superman and other things.

the following is a quote from Hermann Rauschining an aide to Hitler from the book Hitler speaks

One cannot help thinking of him as a medium. For the most time, mediums are ordinary insignificant people. Suddenly they are endowed with what seems to be supernatural powers which set them apart from humanity. The medium is possessed. Once the crisis is passed, they fall back again into mediocrity. It was in this way, beyond any doubt, that Hitler was possessed by forces outside of himself - almost demoniacal forces of which the individual man Hitler was only the temporary vehicle. The mixture of banal and supernatural created that insupportable duality of which one was conscious in his presence....It was like looking at a bizarre face whose expression seemed to reflect an unbalanced state of mind coupled with the disquieting impression of hidden powers.

I think it obvious the man Hitler was but a vehicle for other forces. The same with Crowley who wrote the book of law totally automatically and the strange thing is this book of law shares much the same sentiments of Nazism i.e. the coming of the superman and other things.

Fateh!

The quotation is one man's opinion, nothing more. It's a very old human tendency to blame supernatural forces for the acts of pure evil that some people commit, but the only thing Hitler was possessed by was the myth of Aryan superiority - he needed no demon on his left shoulder whispering evil schemes into his ear.

In my opinion, the Book of the Law describes perfectly the intensification of the darkness of Kaljug that followed the Great Wars. His descriptions of the Thelemic deities Nuit, Hadit, Babalon, etc are amazingly similar to descriptions in the Hindu Tantras of Kali, Bhairava and other ugra (fierce) forms of Devatas. (The belief in Tantra is that it is easier to achieve liberation in Kalyug by worshipping these frightening forms of Devis/Devatas, and that pure Nirgun worship is not as easy as it was in earlier, more serene yugas. Meditation on Wrathful Gods in some forms of Buddhism is undertaken for similar reasons.)

Anyway, we are going off topic...

Regards,

K.

Where did the myth of aryan supremacy originate who fed him these ideas, the supernatural is the realm of intelligences of ideas this evil did not just originate out of nowhere it cannot be explained away by your defence mechanism of scientific rationalism moreover this same idea of the superman is what Crowley wrote about. These two were influenced by the same source. Man is nothing he can only transmit or conduct certain forces but we have the choice to an extent of what to allow ourselves to be influenced by, those two men chose wrong. Or were chosen.