Eating without Hair Covered

wjkkwjkf,

i know that i have to cover my head all hte time, but is it a sin not to cover ur head when eating? i heard (read) a famous singh from GURU JIS time dat said something like dis.

wat if u are letting ur hair dry after a u bathe ur hair????/?

right now, i cover it anyways cause i always cover it

wjkkwjkf,

i know that i have to cover my head all hte time, but is it a sin not to cover ur head when eating? i heard (read) a famous singh from GURU JIS time dat said something like dis.

right now, i cover it anyways cause i always cover it

doesn't matter whats a sin or not

hair shold be coverd at all time

IF NOT ..its a sin

dishonering the hair is one of the 4 bazar kurehat

accourding to the SikhRehat Maryada.. :)

once again

u gotta interpreter as how meaning "dishonesring"

i would say its disonesting da hair when tieng it into a "JORA" or tieing paagh with wt hair is dishonering

coz u get loads of bacterias ....

u gotta take ur own inetials and see what u see as "dishonering" the hair :)

i think phenji u hav 2 cover head while eating.

u hav 2 keep dastar wit u all da time.for letting hair dry, u hav 2 keep dastar.hair may cover or not is ok.more i dont know.

i remember tht once during eshnaan in golden temple sarovar, my father was doing keshi eshnaaan wit his dastar in his hand. one of sewadar came shouting cover ur head. then after bath , father had conversation wit him n he agrees after tht. their conversation i forget. i will let u know abt tht in next post.

nugun hoe baahur firehi nugun sees jo khaae nugun prusaadh jo baa(n)ttee thunukhaahee buddo kehaae ||24||

Those who walk outside, eat or distribute food without their head covered will be punished severely.

Thankhaanama Bhai Nand Laal Jee

In Gurdev Pita Maharaj's 52 Hukams he says:

35)Dastaar bina nahi rehnaa - Wear a turban at all times.

Also in his Hukam at Kabul he says that our kesh are the 'seal of Guru jee'

wait wait wait guys im confused..what do u do if u are letting your hair dry?

oh yeah, and u are ment to have ishnaan before u do ur nitnem in the morning, so can u recite it whilst ur hair is drying or hairdry it 1st?

and yeh we def. gotta have covered head with KESKI not chunni when we are eating. rahitnama bhai daya singh says women must have a topknot on their head, not any other way like the hindus.

u can recite paath while ur hair is drying. u can keep some cloth or dastaar on ur hair without tieing. main thing is 2 cover ur hair.

covering ur hair is

honering te hair

but to TIE it and tieing Paagh i would say is disshoering coz u not taking care of ur hair

u can always ave a "CHunni" temporarly for covering ur hair

instead of tieing it or going "naagna Sir" :roll:

and yeh we def. gotta have covered head with KESKI not chunni when we are eating. rahitnama bhai daya singh says women must have a topknot on their head, not any other way like the hindus.

Khalsa Soulja stop binding into bunch o f rules that dont even exits...you always talk about rehitnamas. I would very much like to see rehatnama's.

As far my sikhi is concern.. I would defo covery myhead with a parna not dastar because my kesh is drying. I think same should be with gals...

Stop making the rules veer you gonna get people sinus :LOL::LOL:

Mugermach Singh,

Its about following guroo's hakum to wear dastar. I m not saying the people who dont wont get salvation. They will defo will. I guess everyone has in its own way to get to akaal init...

Though I dont agree for a bit with khalsa soujla twisted up story.

i agree, when we dont understand something we should just follow it because of our love with the guru. Guru Ji never intends to cause us pain, so whatever guru ji says is to help us.

But blind faith can become dangerous because the last thing guru ji wanted is for us to be thick and follow his teaching without understanding them. And if we have the ability to understand why we do certain things and if we can relate them to gurbani as well as following the rehtnama will definatly increase our sikhi.

So the aim for answering this question is to further build a better base/foundation...

Khalsa Soulja stop binding into bunch o f rules that dont even exits...you always talk about rehitnamas. I would very much like to see rehatnama's.

As far my sikhi is concern.. I would defo covery myhead with a parna not dastar because my kesh is drying. I think same should be with gals...

Stop making the rules veer you gonna get people sinus :LOL::LOL:

geeza wat is wrong wit u????? u are stressing a bit over the rahit......if u are so interested in these rahitnamas i will quote them.

"Whosoever roams about bareheaded, takes food bareheaded and distributes the 'prasad' bareheaded is considered punishable." (Uttar-prashan Bhai Nandlal Ji)

"Women should tie their hair in topknot and should not keep them loose." (Rahitnama Bhai Daya Singh Ji)

"Keshas be washed. Turban or dastaar should not be placed on floor but should always be kept with due respect. Food should not be eaten bareheaded." (Bijai Mukt Dharam Shastra, Sakhi 70)

"Each candidate for Baptism be made to wear kachhehra, tie hair in a topknot and cover the same with dastaar; wear Sri Sahib (i.e. Kirpan) in Gaatra (shoulder belt). Then he/she should stand with folded hands. (Rahitnama Bhai Daya Singh Ji)

"(A Sikh) who eats food with turban removed from the head (i.e., bareheaded) is destined for 'Kumbhi' hell." (Rahit Rama Bhai Prahlad Singh Ji)

did the bahmans make those rahitnamas up? maybe bhai daya singh wasnt really one of the panj pyare.....maybe he was an evil undercover muslim......hmmmmmmmm.......u decide.

no offence.....bt before u claim parts of the rahit dont exist and are a load of rubbish.....u shud chek 1st.......