Some Suggestions

shaheediyan

Firstly I would like to say thanks and great work,to the admin team, the funtionalilty of the website has improved greatly!

A request, would it be possible to set up a specific 'charity/seva' section as well as specific 'combat/yudh' section, so its easier for people to find articles/post/info on these 2 unique and important aspects of Sikhi, rather than having to trail through different forums.

Obvioulsy we can help identifying posts which then need to be transfered...

Dhanvaad Jeeo.

Firstly I would like to say thanks and great work,to the admin team, the funtionalilty of the website has improved greatly!

A request, would it be possible to set up a specific 'charity/seva' section as well as specific 'combat/yudh' section, so its easier for people to find articles/post/info on these 2 unique and important aspects of Sikhi, rather than having to trail through different forums.

Obvioulsy we can help identifying posts which then need to be transfered...

Dhanvaad Jeeo.

Fateh!

The combat/yudh section would be especially useful to allow us to post on modern day battle tactics, weaponry, martial arts training (rather than just general health and fitness), improvised incendiary devices, survival training, guerilla warfare, awareness training, home security issues, hunting, conflict de-escalation, fear management, conditioning for fighting, and so on.

It would also be a good place to post bir ras bani, recount stories of the heroism of our Sikh ancestors, discuss the shastars that were used by the Singhs in the times of our Gurus, study texts on warfare from around the world and to compare and contrast these principles to dharm yudh philosophy in Sikhi.

As an example, I wanted to post some time ago about the use of mobile cannons mounted on elephants that were used by Sikhs in Hari Singh Nalwa's times to show that Sikhs relied on superior battle tactics as well as bir ras to win wars, i.e. Sikhs did not just rely on the divine protection granted those fighting a just war, but didn't see fit to post it in the general section as if it were just an oddity of our history rather than an important part of it.

Regards,

K.

great ideas. so what do the mods/admin think? some of these sections would have to be members only though by the sounds of it.

LOL

I'll try not to post my How To Make Your Own Nuke article if it means that the yudh vidya section remains accessible to all the members.

Besides, a lot of the information on making explosives, booby traps, counter surveillance, guerilla warfare are all in the public domain. You just have to know how to find them. Hell, the USMC sells their training guides on amazon albeit only the ones that have been replaced with newer editions.

K.

LOL

I'll try not to post my How To Make Your Own Nuke article if it means that the yudh vidya section remains accessible to all the members.

Besides, a lot of the information on making explosives, booby traps, counter surveillance, guerilla warfare are all in the public domain. You just have to know how to find them. Hell, the USMC sells their training guides on amazon albeit only the ones that have been replaced with newer editions.

K.

lol, yes, when you said 'you just have to know how to find them', the fact is that a lot of people dont. we have to remember that not all the people who visit this forum are sikhs, and some dont have good intentions. it might be best to just start a thread and ask people to pm if they want to know more.