Sehaj Paath Resource

Could sangat please post any good resources they know of which would help needy people like me to be able to learn and complete Sehaj Paaths using shudh pronounciation...

Is there a complete audio Akhand Paath completed by Bhai Jarnail Singh (Taksal) for example - or an ang by ang audio/gurmukhi video resource etc, like the Bhai Jarnail Singh NITNEM ones..?

Ultimately the aim is to use senchiyan.

It would be to compile a collection of resources in this thread which we could all share and benefit from.

Thanks.

Could sangat please post any good resources they know of which would help needy people like me to be able to learn and complete Sehaj Paaths using shudh pronounciation...

Is there a complete audio Akhand Paath completed by Bhai Jarnail Singh (Taksal) for example - or an ang by ang audio/gurmukhi video resource etc, like the Bhai Jarnail Singh NITNEM ones..?

Ultimately the aim is to use senchiyan.

It would be to compile a collection of resources in this thread which we could all share and benefit from.

Thanks.

a good way to start would be to first learn/re-learn moharni with an ustaad that has done santhia. After that do nitnem/panj granthi santhia with an ustaad. Upon doing both of these you should begin to understand the basics of where vishraams, jamkees, bindis, adhaks, halants, etc. are to be put in. If you have time, do Guru granth sahib ji santhia with an ustaad, there are many in the UK. If you don't have time to go to regular classes you can use a combination of the santhia recordings on gurmatveechar.com and the other taksal websites, as well as bhagat jaswant singh's (Bhagat ji's) vishraam pothi (gursewak.com). The pothi is an amazing resource to teach yourself, however, before using the pothi you need to already understand basics such as moharni, how to pronounce each letter, and the basics of where adhaks are inserted.

Thanks for the advice gsingh, sadly, I do not have access to a Taksali Vidyaarthi, but over the last few years I have taught myself to read Gurmukhi, inc the the diacritics, muharni etc, luckily, I have been able to speak/understand Punjabi from a young age. Ultimately I will check what I have learnt with an appropriate Gyaani/Paati when the opportunity arises, I in no way doubt the importance of a teacher! I will also go through Bhagat Jis pothi, I had a quick glance at it a few weeks ago.

In the mean time, I am simply looking for a clearly pronounced good quality recording of a complete reading of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji - something in the style of Bhai Jarnail Singh i.e. very monotone and crystal clear clarity...

I would have thought that there was some media tool available which showed the Gurmukhi script alongside the audio recording side by side, ang by ang...

Ta.

Edited by shaheediyan

Is this any use: http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio/Gurbani_Ucharan/gurbani.php (santhiya)

or http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio/Gurbani_Ucharan/gurbani.php?q=f&f=%2FGiani_Bhupinder_Singh_%28Damdami_Taksal_wale%29 (ucharan)

and another (ucharan): http://www.gurbaniupdesh.org/multimedia/listing.php?q=f&f=%2F08-Gurbani+Ucharan%2FBhai+Balbir+Singh+Ji+%28Sidki%29%2FPaath+Sri+Guru+Granth+Sahib+Ji

Edited by Matheen

Taken from Sikh Sangat:

http://searchgurbani...e&page=1&submit=

"Can Listen to Guru Sahib Ang by Ang and Follow in Lareevar.

If not showing in Lareevaar: i) Go to Preferences ii) Uncheck all boxes iii) Check Lareedar Gurmukhi iv) Submit

Can keep a Sehaj Paath of Lareevar Saroop this way. Can do X amount of Angs"