Puratan English (Uk) Yudh Vidya

shaheediyan

Fateh!

The English also have yudh mantras which are usually sung in times of impending battle, for example, the one in the clip is the famous Inger-land mantra which goes as follows:

Inger-land, Inger-land, Inger-land

Inger-land

INGER LAND

(Repeat 108 times or for most of the match)

The metre is gayatri and the rishi of the mantra is Sri Bobby Charlton Ji.

Anther example that is used for any circumstance is known as the Grat Escape and it goes:

Da-da, da-da da

Da-da, da-da da

Da-da, da-da da-da da-darrr

ENGLAND

Some are used only in specific circumstances:

If it wasn't for the English you'd be Krauts

If it wasn't for the English

Wasn't for the English

(To be sung in France)

and:

Two World Wars and one World Cup

Doo dar, doo dar

Two World Wars and one World Cup

Doo dar, doo dar day

(To be sung whenever Germans are near)

Regards,

K.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Sri Waheguru ji ki fateh!

Sangat jio, I feel we should not promote this video on this website ji <much of it because of what kids learn from this site>. They have disgraced the puratan gora tradition of lalkaara with a british influenced type of lalkara making them ghoray....That is what the puraanay goray babay called the fake goray...ghoray.

As you can see this ghora did not have the right jungee baana. The tradition is puratan and bau-panthi but they keep a strict rehit of a white t-shirt, jeans, doc martins and a shaved head....those are the real goray of today. Their ghoray counterparts look the same but are known to roam around stevenage and consider themselves to be 'tat' goray and they are also know as CHAVS.

I feel in promoting this on this site we are disrepecting the spectacle wearing, suspender-clad, moustached brylcreemed puratan babbay!

Lol.

On a serious note, I can't count the number of kung fu or other TMA students I've seen beaten senseless by some drunk yob because they had no training in dealing with verbal aggression cues and could not make use of the adrenalin dump that occurs in such situations (sparring class mates does not prepare you for the intensity of a real honest brawl).

I'll try to write something on this topic shortly.

K.

Aah, its that topic again... warrior psychology!

Nihang chawnees prepare one very well for verbal aggression and taunting!

Depends what you mean by TMA, flowery exhibitions created by people who had 'too much spare time' or arts which were used in war, if the latter, then warrior psyche will be part and parcel of the training.

Having a drunk, angry, swearing, swinging idiot launch himself at you without any knowledge of physiology and gravity would be a dream encounter for some people I know!

The only 'expert/trained' MA guys I know that got panned by little drug delaer type kids, were guys who got caught out whilst drunk/in a drinking environment - no 1 rule - don't be intoxicated and stay away from troublesome environments (where you can help it).

Edited by shaheediyan

Shaheediyan:

TMA meaning any traditional martial art that once had real applications but has turned into what the Chinese refer to as "flowery fists and embroidery kicks". Basically any school of kung fu or karate where there is no emphasis on training gungs like iron body, iron palm/fist, endurance training, and regular free sparring with non-cooperative partners.

For example, a couple of years back I saw an eagle claw guy get absolutely mauled by a grappler because he was amazingly flexible and did beautiful forms but didn't have the finger and grip strength to make use of all that chin na (joint manipulation) for which Eagle Boxing is famous.

I've also seen a taekwondo guy get glassed and crawl into a ball on the floor while he was being kicked senseless by a couple of drunk troublemakers because he had no idea that he was about to sucker punched and had no experience of making the flight-or-fight reaction work for him. (This was when I was shadowing a bouncer friend who wanted me to see what he did for a living.)

I am talking about basic awareness training for anyone, not just those who are martially inclined. Geoff Thompson has a great book about this and I've found his ideas about what he calls The Fence very useful. He used to work as a doorman in Wolves when I used to live there.

Also, knowing how to deal with the adrenalin through actual experience in a safe setting. In other words, getting some classmate to be in your face, frothing at the mouth, and telling you what he is going to do to your paralysed body after he has crushed your spine in his ham-sized hands, and seeing if you can still make your techniques work.

Pressure testing your martial art is what Mr Thompson calls it.

Edit: Yeah, I've seen Nihangs curse up a storm. Strangely enough, most of the Sikhs I know consider it vulgar and un-Sikhlike. Presumably in their world, fights happen according to Queensbury Rules and only after a gauntlet had been thrown down on the ground and gruff but always polite words have been exchanged.

K.

Edited by Kaljug

Well, even though he isn’t the most popular guy around – Nihang Nidar Singh has great historic knowledge over the very issues discussed above – including the sparring which occurs in class in various styles including grappling – and when ready, leading up to Hadh Thor – which is literally full contact, training, awareness of ones environment, learning how to use anger to your advantage (and even provocation skills), not becoming a victim of anger (and losing the fight before its even started), many, many, many painful and dirty tricks when fighting, knowledge of physiology (pressure points/nerve clusters etc). The training (Sanjam Kriya) is also specifically designed for increasing speed, strength and flexibility for fighting (specifically) as are the drills (which as any true martial art – substitute weapon for open hand forms). Other real fighting arts I learn also have many similarities with the above.

Nidar Singh always quotes an English eye witness (forget his name) who witnesses a Sikh duel in the early 19thc – where Loh Mushti (fighting with Karai – the real type) is used to settle disputes. The Singhs have enough respect for each other not commit to a death duel i.e. blades/guns – but make no issue of testing their skill and righteous confidence (it is settling a dispute after all) using karai to fight, the commentator calls it a very ungentle-manly affair.... the reality of preparedness of real warrior societies if very different to what our ‘protected’ youth are lead to believe..

Another aspect of survival psychology, used by Gurkhai, ancient Filipino, native American Tribes and Khalsa Warriors to name but a few, was killing to scare, kill the opponent in such a way that his fellow soldiers will loose confidence, develop fear and want to leave the battlefield.... I won’t go into the techniques employed, but reading certain Dasam Bani certain prepares one for these sought of sights!

Please don’t turn this into a Nidar personality/belief thread – we are discussing yudh, nothing else.