Bhog Of Dasam Granth Paath

Matheen

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I’m a supporter of Sri Dasam Granth, but is doing an akhand paath of any granth other than SGGSJ in accordance to Gurmat? Charitro Pakhyaan for example is not Dur ki bani, but is literature written by Guru Sahib for Sikhs to study and learn from, and it should be studied privately amongst mature people who are mentally mature enough to understand it. Holding Akhand Paaths of Sri Dasam Granth are we not giving credibility to Kala Afghanists who shout around saying how we are trying to create a granth in equal status to SGGSJ.

Since we have belief in writings of our father we should not care about opinions of Gurunindaks. Presence of Dasam granth alongside SGGS during Dal khalsa, misl ,sikh rule and till 1944 prove that it was being done.

When parkash of Dasam granth was lifted in 1944 from akal takhat there were two akhand paths performed. Mohan singh nagoke was president of akali dal and SGPC.

So we go by traditions and not by opinion of kala afghanis who reject nitnem banis, call amrit sanchar as Brahminical ritual.Once they do that they have lost right to be part of sikhism.

Singh2, could you scan and upload the relevant section you refer to from the 'baat cheet' magazine.

Dhanvaad Jeeo.

Mithar, a question. Sri Akaal Takht was built right opposite Sri Harimandhir Sahib, was cheve(n) Paatshah trying to create another Harimandhir on par with his Fathers?

Shaheediyan

They wrote

"Any knowledge of amritdharis who are dangerous people and pledged to commit murders, arson and act of terrorism should be immediately brought to the notice of authorities.These people may appear harmless

from outside but they are committed to terrorism. in the interest of all of us their identity and whereabouts must be disclosed."

Baat cheet serial no 153, July 1984, Department of Defence, Govt of india

Edited by singh2

Singh2, could you scan and upload the relevant section you refer to from the 'baat cheet' magazine.

Dhanvaad Jeeo.

Mithar, a question. Sri Akaal Takht was built right opposite Sri Harimandhir Sahib, was cheve(n) Paatshah trying to create another Harimandhir on par with his Fathers?

What the Guru's did is Gurmat, what we do is Manmat. We can all agree to this statement. Now question is, did Guru Gobind Singh jee ever do prakash or sukhaasan of Sri Dasam Granth as was done for SGGSJ? the answer is "no". Doing Prakash of any granth outside of SGGSJ is an innovation which has crept into our tradition within the last 300 years. We need to do Satkar of Sri Dasam Granth banis since they are Banis of Dasam Guru, but not by treating it as a parallel granth to SGGSJ as some are trying to do (although with good intentions).

What the Guru's did is Gurmat, what we do is Manmat. We can all agree to this statement. Now question is, did Guru Gobind Singh jee ever do prakash or sukhaasan of Sri Dasam Granth as was done for SGGSJ? the answer is "no". Doing Prakash of any granth outside of SGGSJ is an innovation which has crept into our tradition within the last 300 years. We need to do Satkar of Sri Dasam Granth banis since they are Banis of Dasam Guru, but not by treating it as a parallel granth to SGGSJ as some are trying to do (although with good intentions).

Do you think SGGS was available at Anandpur sahib? When he was Guru himself this question is not relevant.

Dasam granth was compiled by him in 1696/1697 and was looted during ransack of Anandpur. but nevertheless its parkash was seen by CHarles Wilkins at Patna sahib when he visited patna sahib in 1781.Read his writing " The seeks and their college"

Parkash of Dasam granth is not being done to belittle SGGS ji which of couse is our Guru eternal.

At takhats weapons are on display at main podium. SGGS is on side. What is being propagated by some here is slander of dasam granth

under the guise of maryada.That is what should be seen by us.

Edited by singh2

Shaheediyan

I have given the relevant text from baat cheet in my earlier post. This was the order to army which was combing countryside during operation woodrose in 1984. This operation was launched immediately aftetr operation blue star.

Thos combined with looting of manuscripts and burnib ofn sikh refrenec library say a lot about intentions at that time.

The subject para has been repeated in Mark tully's book " Amritsar Her last battle"

"but not by treating it as a parallel granth to SGGSJ as some are trying to do (although with good intentions)."

Sadly you are following the Afghana propogated myth, parkash is not equal. Parkash of Aad Guru can happen in sangat by itself, but Parkash of Dasam Granth needs parkash of Aad Guru to be present. Alongside, Dasam Granth is kept at a slighyly lower level than Aad Guru to differentiate between the Miri and Piri aspects of both Granths.

As I said before, as long as you have satkaar for all of Dasam Pitas bani, thats fine. If you are bothered about Parkaash of Dasm Pitas bani, then simply don't attend Nihang/Taksali events where this happens, simple. There are many innovations and 'adjustments' that Singh Sabhiyas have made that I would have no issue calling manmat, but calling the '300' year old Dasm Bani Maryada traditions of the Khalsa Panth and oldest Sampryada manmat is not something I would be willing to do.

There are old Gurdwara located around the vicinity of Harimandhir Sahib that housed Sri Dasam and Sri Sarbloh Granth Sahibs of Baba Deep/Baba Gurbax Singh Ji Shahdeed - in unbroken parkaash format until recent times... call the Khalsa Panth Manmat at your own expense.

Singh2 Jee, Adhi Granth was always there whether it was in the from of Kartarpuri Bir or in the later form of Damdami Bir. We have historical sources backing up the fact that SGGSJ was given the Padhvi of Satguru of the Sikhs. Sri Dasam Granth was said to have been compiled by Shaheed Bhai Mani SinghJee who collected Dasam Gurus writings from all over the country into a single volume Granth. This happened after Guru Gobind Singh Jees period.

As Sikhs we need to have utmost Satkar for Dasam Granth, but Satkar should not turn into an innovation where we put it in equal status to SGGSJ, the Satguru of the Sikhs. Sure we have writings written by Europeans confirming that Dasam Granth was in existence which is proof we can use against the Kala Afghanists but let us not use this to promote innovations.

The biggest danger to the GOI is an amritdhari Sikh. The only way to destroy an amritdhari is to destroy the AmritSanchaar ceremony. The way to do this is by creating doubts about Dasam Bani, 3 banis from Dasam Granth are read during the Amritsanchaar. No Dasam bani being read during Amritsanchaar means Amrit ceremony is destroyed. If there are no more Amritdharis, then Sikhi is finished. People dont realise what the after effects of doubting Dasam Granth are and how dangerous it is for the future of Sikhi.

Edited by Mithar

Mithar ji

You have missed two beers of Dasam granth sahib that were compiled in 1696 and 1698. May be you are not aware of those.Or you do not believe in those.

kartarpuri beer was there but not at Anandpur sahib during guru sahib's physical presence.It was at kartarpur.

Again topic is not to belittle SGGs ji by doing parkash of dasam Granth. We need to remember that there were gutkas and pothis after Dasam granth was written that had banis of both granths.What does that mean?If SGGS was not belitted then how can it be now?

Then Bhai mani singh ji had both granths in one beer.What does that mean? Are we being more wiser than Bhai mani singh ji? We had parkash of both granths together during gurmattas and that is testified by Malcolm. We have photograph by an austrian painter showing both granths together? Are we telling that those gursikhs who had the privilege of being in company of tenth master were dummies and we are smarter than them?

We have banis of Dasam Granth in Das Granthi and gutkas along banis of SGGS. That does not take status of Gurship away from SGGS ji.So let us not sccumb to propaganda tactics of those who do not acknoweledge Dasam granth.

The fact is that we have two granths in theory but only one in practice.That is the root cause of our problem.

"but not by treating it as a parallel granth to SGGSJ as some are trying to do (although with good intentions)."

Sadly you are following the Afghana propogated myth, parkash is not equal. Parkash of Aad Guru can happen in sangat by itself, but Parkash of Dasam Granth needs parkash of Aad Guru to be present. Alongside, Dasam Granth is kept at a slighyly lower level than Aad Guru to differentiate between the Miri and Piri aspects of both Granths.

As I said before, as long as you have satkaar for all of Dasam Pitas bani, thats fine. If you are bothered about Parkaash of Dasm Pitas bani, then simply don't attend Nihang/Taksali events where this happens, simple. There are many innovations and 'adjustments' that Singh Sabhiyas have made that I would have no issue calling manmat, but calling the '300' year old Dasm Bani Maryada traditions of the Khalsa Panth and oldest Sampryada manmat is not something I would be willing to do.

There are old Gurdwara located around the vicinity of Harimandhir Sahib that housed Sri Dasam and Sri Sarbloh Granth Sahibs of Baba Deep/Baba Gurbax Singh Ji Shahdeed - in unbroken parkaash format until recent times... call the Khalsa Panth Manmat at your own expense.

I fully agree. Those who do parkash of dasam granth have demonstrated their committment to SGGS as their guru by sacrificing their lives for this granth.They live sikhi and know its vibrant spirit that they learn from both granths.

Sikhism is incomplete with one granth as nitnem banis prove that.

Inder Singh you are the worst enemy of the Sikh panth. You are constantly undermining Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee.

Nitnem does not prove that we need 2 different granths. Think about it. WHO wrote the maryada?

I truly believe that you are actually an RSS agent and the chela of Kutha Badal & Co.

With same nonsenseical logic that is forwarded against dasam Granth i ask where is it written in SGGS ji that it is our Guru?

There you go again undermining Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee.

READ Gurmat and you will come across many shabads answering your question.

Inder singh you have proven that you ARE an RSS agent trawling various Sikh forums sites to weaken the Sikh panth with your anti-Gurmat admin cut

Edited by N30 S!NGH

READ Gurmat and you will come across many shabads answering your question.

Actually no. By using Guru Granth Sahib to prove that Gurbani is given gurgaddi is to chop of your own foot. If you use the shabad by Guru Amardas "Bani guru guru hai bani" you are at the same time saying that the Gurus after him were never Gurus.

Actually no. By using Guru Granth Sahib to prove that Gurbani is given gurgaddi is to chop of your own foot. If you use the shabad by Guru Amardas "Bani guru guru hai bani" you are at the same time saying that the Gurus after him were never Gurus.

Try reading this for example SHABAD, NAAM, BANI, GURBANI - WHAT IS IT? or the section "THE GURU" in "reflections" menu from the same site.

Then realise who foot you are really chooping off!

What the Guru's did is Gurmat, what we do is Manmat.

guru swgru rqnI nhI qot ]

gur saagar rathanee nehee thott ||

In the ocean of the Guru, there is no shortage of pearls.

lwl pdwrQ swcu AKot ]

laal padhaarathh saach akhott ||

The treasure of jewels is truly inexhaustible.

guir kihAw sw kwr kmwvhu ]

gur kehiaa saa kaar kamaavahu ||

Do those deeds which the Guru has ordained.

gur kI krxI kwhy Dwvhu ]

gur kee karanee kaahae dhhaavahu ||

Why are you chasing after the Guru's actions?

nwnk gurmiq swic smwvhu ]27]

naanak guramath saach samaavahu ||27||

O Nanak, through the Guru's Teachings, merge in the True Lord. ||27||

From This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Raamkalee on Pannaa 929

Singh 2 Jee, Unlike the Kala Afghanists, I have no problem to admit that my knowledge of Sikhi is limited and much less than the knowledge you possess. Gursikhs from the start were all beleivers of Dasam Granth. Despite the false propaganda by the Kala Afghanists, even the great vidhvaans of the Singh Sabha school of thought such as Prof Gurmukh Singh, Giani Ditt Singh, Bhai Vir Singh, Kahn Singh Nabha, Prof Sahib Singh were all believers of Dasam Granth bani, and you can find the proof for this in their writings. Gursikhs related to Nihang Dals, Sampradayak, AKJ are all great beleivers of Dasam Granth.

The ones who oppose Dasam Granth are Bhasourias, Bhag Singh Ambala (he later admited his mistake), Kala Afghana, Ghagha, Darshan Chand Ragi. I know that I would never want to follow the example of these heretics stated here who oppose Dasam Granth.

Singh 2 Jee, Unlike the Kala Afghanists, I have no problem to admit that my knowledge of Sikhi is limited and much less than the knowledge you possess. Gursikhs from the start were all beleivers of Dasam Granth. Despite the false propaganda by the Kala Afghanists, even the great vidhvaans of the Singh Sabha school of thought such as Prof Gurmukh Singh, Giani Ditt Singh, Bhai Vir Singh, Kahn Singh Nabha, Prof Sahib Singh were all believers of Dasam Granth bani, and you can find the proof for this in their writings. Gursikhs related to Nihang Dals, Sampradayak, AKJ are all great beleivers of Dasam Granth.

The ones who oppose Dasam Granth are Bhasourias, Bhag Singh Ambala (he later admited his mistake), Kala Afghana, Ghagha, Darshan Chand Ragi. I know that I would never want to follow the example of these heretics stated here who oppose Dasam Granth.

Mithar ji

With all respect to you i understand your love for panth.That is what is needed.

But it is fair to say that dasam granth was always in parkash alonside SGGS ji in purantan times. Please see below

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php/topic/49287-akj-stance-on-sri-dasm-granth-sahib-jee/page__st__24

When Gurmata or great national council, is called, (as it always is, or ought to be, when any imminent danger threatens the country, or any large expedition is to be undertaken) all the Sikh chiefs assemble at Amritsar. The assembly, which is called the Guru-mata, is convened by the Acalis; and when the chiefs meet upon this solemn occasion, it is concluded that all private animosities cease, and that every main sacrifices his personal feelings at the shrine of the general good; and, actuated by principles of pure patriotism, thinks of nothing but the interests of the religion, and commonwealth, to which he belongs. When the chiefs and principal leaders are seated, the Adi-Granth and Dasama Padshah ka Granth are placed before them. They all bend their heads before these scriptures, and exclaim, Wa! Guruji ka Khalsa! Wa! Guruji ki Fateh! A great quantity of cakes, made of wheat, butter, and sugar, are then placed before the volumes of their sacred writings, and covered with a cloth. These holy cakes, which are in commemoration of the injunction of Nanac, to eat and to give to others to eat, next receive the

Unquote

Charles wilkins visit to patna during 1781

They told me further, that some years after this book of Noneek Sah had been promulgated, another10 made its appearance, now held in almost as much esteem as the former. The name of the author has escaped my memory; but they favoured me with an extract from the book itself in praise of the Deity. The passage had struck my ear on my first entering the hall when the students were all engaged in reading. From the similarity of the language to theHindoovee11, and many Sanscrit words, I was able to understand a good deal of it, and I hope, at some future period, to have the honour of laying a translation of it before the Society. They told me I might have copies of both their books, if I would be at the expense of transcribing them.

Unquote

Puratan singhs had more kamai than us.Do you think singhs who were at higher at stage of realization were wrong.Parkash of dasam granth is not to belittle SGGS ji at all.

Kala afghana jundli is not sikh.They are here to destroy sikhism

Edited by singh2

Inder singh you have proven that you ARE an RSS agent trawling various Sikh forums sites to weaken the Sikh panth with your anti-Gurmat rubbish

In same way , in say tat Those who propagate against dasam granth are RSS stooges . Why will RSS promote a granth that use strong language aginst brahminism.

Read below to face reality

Condemnation of Idol Worship in dasam Granth

* ਕਾਹੂ ਲੈ ਪਾਹਨ ਪੂਜ ਧਰਯੋ ਸਿਰ ਕਾਹੂ ਲੈ ਲਿੰਗ ਗਰੇ ਲਟਕਾਇਓ ॥

* Someone worships stone and places it on his head. Someone hangs the phallus (lingam) from his neck. .(pg.42)

* ਕੋਉ ਬੁਤਾਨ ਕੋ ਪੂਜਤ ਹੈ ਪਸੁ ਕੋਉ ਮ੍ਰਿਤਾਨ ਕੋ ਪੂਜਨ ਧਾਇਓ ॥

* Some fools worship the idols and some go to worship the dead. (pg.42)

* ਪਾਇ ਪਰੋ ਪਰਮੇਸਰ ਕੇ ਜੜ ਪਾਹਨ ਮੈਂ ਪਰਮੇਸਰ ਨਾਹੀ ॥੯੯॥

* O fool! Fall at the feet of Lord-God, the Lord is not within the stone-idols.99.(pg.111)

* ਤੇ ਭੀ ਬਸਿ ਮਮਤਾ ਹੁਇ ਗਏ ॥ਪਰਮੇਸਰ ਪਾਹਨ ਠਹਿਰਏ ॥੧੩॥

* They also were overpowered by ‘mineness’ and exhibited the Lord in statues.13. .(pg.134)

* ਪਾਹਨ ਪੁਜੈ ਹੈ ਏਕ ਨ ਧਿਐ ਹੈ ਮਤ ਕੇ ਅਧਕ ਅਧੇਰਾ ॥ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਕਹੁ ਤਜਿ ਹੈ ਬਿਖ ਕਹੁ ਭਜਿ ਹੈ ਸਾਝਹਿ ਕਹਹਿ ਸਵੈਰਾ ॥

* Worshipping the stones, they will not meditate on One Lord; there will be prevalent the darkness of many sects; Leaving the ambrosia they will desire for poison, and they will name the evening time as early-morning; .(pg.1142)

* ਤਾਸ ਕਿਉ ਨ ਪਛਾਨਹੀ ਜੋ ਹੋਹਿ ਹੈ ਅਬ ਹੈ ॥ਨਿਹਫਲ ਕਾਹੇ ਭਜਤ ਪਾਹਨ ਤੋਹਿ ਕਛੁ ਫਲਿ ਦੈ ॥

* Why do you not pray to Him, who will be there in future and who is there in the present? You are worshipping the stones uselessly; what will you gain by that worship? (pg. 1289)

* ਅੱਛਤ ਧੂਪ ਦੀਪ ਅਰਪਤ ਹੈ ਪਾਹਨ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਖੈ ਹੈ ॥

* Rice, incense and lamps are offered, but the stones do not eat anything. (pg.1349)

* ਕਹਾ ਭਇਓ ਜੋ ਅਤ ਹਿਤ ਚਿਤ ਕਰ ਬਹੁ ਬਿਧ ਸਿਲਾ ਪੁਜਾਈ॥ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਥਕਿਓ ਪਾਹਿਨ ਕਹ ਪਰਸਤ ਕਛੁ ਕਰ ਸਿਧਨ ਆਈ॥ਤਾ ਮੈਂ ਕਹਾਂ ਸਿਧ ਹੈ ਰੇ ਜੜ ਤੋਹਿ ਕਛੁ ਬਰ ਦੇਹੈ॥..(ਸਬਦ ਹਜਾਰੇ)

* Of what use is the worship of the stones with devotion and sincerity in various ways? The hand became tired of touching the stones, because no spiritual power accrued. O fool! where is the spiritual power in them, so that they may bless you with some boon. (pg.1349)

* ਕਾਹੇ ਕਉ ਪੂਜਤ ਪਾਹਨ ਕਉ ਕਛੁ ਪਾਹਨ ਮੈ ਪਰਮੇਸੁਰ ਨਾਹੀ ॥ਤਾਹੀ ਕੋ ਪੂਜ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਕਰਿ ਕੈ ਜਿਹ ਪੂਜਤ ਹੀ ਅਘ ਓਘ ਮਿਟਾਹੀ ॥

* Why do you worship stones? Because the Lord-God is not within those stones; you may only worship Him, whose adoration destroys clusters of sins; (pg.1353)

* ਜੌ ਜੁਗ ਤੈ ਕਰਿ ਹੈ ਤਪਸਾ ਕਛੁ ਤੋਹਿ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਨੁ ਨ ਪਾਹਨ ਕੈ ਹੈ ॥ਹਾਥ ਉਠਾਇ ਭਲੀ ਬਿਧ ਸੋ ਜੜ ਤੋਹਿ ਕਛੂ ਬਰਦਾਨੁ ਨ ਦੈ ਹੈ ॥

* You may even perform the austerities for an age, but these stones will not fulfill your wishes and please you; they will not raise their hands and grant you the boon; (pg.1353)

* ਫੋਕਟ ਧਰਮ ਭਯੋ ਫਲ ਹੀਨ ਜੁ ਪੂਜ ਸਿਲਾ ਜੁਗਿ ਕੋਟ ਗਵਾਈ ॥ਸਿੱਧ ਕਹਾ ਸਿਲ ਕੇ ਪਰਸੇ ਬਲ ਬ੍ਰਿੱਧ ਘਟੀ ਨਵਨਿੱਧ ਨ ਪਾਈ ॥

* The hollow religion became fruitless and O being! you have lost years and years by worshipping the stones; you will not get power with the worship of stones; the strength and glory will only decrease; (pg.1353)

* ਪਾਹਨ ਕੋ ਅਸਥਾਲਯ ਕੋ ਸਿਰ ਨਯਾਇ ਫਿਰਯੋ ਕਛੁ ਹਾਥ ਨ ਆਯੋ ॥ਰੇ ਮਨ ਮੂੜ ਅਗੂੜ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਤਜਿ ਆਪਨ ਹੂੜ ਕਹਾ ਉਰਝਾਯੋ ॥੨੬॥

* You had been wandering with bowed head in the temples of stones, but you realized nothing; O foolish mind! you were only entangled in your bad intellect abandoning that Effulgent Lord.26. (pg.1354)

* ਕਹੂੰ ਲੈ ਠੋਕ ਬਧੇ ਉਰ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਕਾਹੂੰ ਮਹੇਸ਼ ਕੌ ਏਸ ਬਖਾਨਯੋ ॥ਕਾਹੂੰ ਕਹਯੋ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰ ਮੈ ਹਰਿ ਕਾਹੂੰ ਮਸੀਤ ਕੈ ਬੀਚ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਨਯੋ ॥

* Someone has tied the stone-idol around his neck and someone has accepted Shiva as the Lord; someone considers the Lord within the temple or the mosque; (p1351)

* ਕਿ ਓ ਬੁਤ ਪਰਸਤੰਦੁ ਮਨ ਬੁਤ ਸਿਕਸਤ (ਜ਼ਫਰਨਾਮਹ)

* They were the idol worshippers, and me the idol destroyer

Edited by singh2

"A_Sikh _for_life":

Please read and respond to my earlier post: My post

Also, proof has been provided repeatedly that 5 Banis were read during the first Khande Da Pahul. Please provide proof to the contrary.

NOTE TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS: PLEASE DEBATE IN A CIVILISED MANNER, WE ARE ALL CHILDREN OF THE SAME FATHER REGARDLESS OLF INDIVIDUAL OPINION.

matheen veerji, There is no infidels or kaffirs in Gurmat

Try doing some vichaar on Gurbani and understand what Gurmat is teaching us regarding this subject.

There are 2 types of people on earth - Gurmukh and Manmukh.

matheen, your answer which I posted awhile ago.

I truly believe that you are actually an RSS agent and the chela of Kutha Badal & Co.

Mind your language if you are a sikh at all.

I hope admin take care of a scoundrel's language being used by kala afghnai sect. He needs to be reined in like his other brother.This is hisn third abusive post in the same thread.

He does not believe at all in any of banis of dasam granth. Why does not he remain aloof from such a debate.

kala afghna sect has infiltrated this site thorughly.

Edited by singh2

A sikh for life, is been warned for using foul language/attacking fellow members, just a reminder there are three warnings in total after that posts will be moderated and also for the record, we did the ip match, A Sikh for life is not khalsa fauji. Nor khalsa fauji have any multiple user ids. We regularly check for ip matches, multiple user ids, so we advise the members not to pm the moderators sharing your gut feeling about multiple user ids/multiple ips, we go by facts here.

A sikh for life, is been warned for using foul language/attacking fellow members, just a reminder there are three warnings in total after that posts will be moderated and also for the record, we did the ip match, A Sikh for life is not khalsa fauji. Nor khalsa fauji have any multiple user ids. We regularly check for ip matches, multiple user ids, so we advise the members not to pm the moderators sharing your gut feeling about multiple user ids/multiple ips, we go by facts here.

Inder Singh is yet again winning like a baby the way he usually does in "ALL" sikh forums site.

I am going to call Inder Singh the worst enemy of the Sikh Panth and this is NOT foul language - IT IS A FACT!!

Which Banis Did the Tenth Guru Recite at the Time of Administering Amrit

I am wondering why a site like "Sikh awareness" is not doing something about inder singh who is VERY CLEARLY undermining Sri Guru Granth sahib jee!!!!!

Where is the "AWARENESS"???