Sania Mirza To Wed Pakistani Cricketer

kdsingh80

I think depending on the situation and circumstances Sikhs can get very militant. Post 1984 is a primary example of this, the Sikh militant movement actually served as an inspiration for many other secessionist movements all over India including the Kashmiri militants. I firmly believe that when Guru Sahib wants his Khalsa to get militant, it can and it will.

I don't mean to be rude but I think that is a real simplistic way of looking at things. The truth is that Guru ji in more than one form made sustained efforts to militarise the panth and left so many signs/symbols indicating how important they considered a strong armed force to be for our survival. It wasn't magic but continued drilling, parchar, hunting and engaging in battles that made the panth like it was.

There is no question that Guru ji wanted the panth to be militant enough to be able to defend itself at all times. We just went downhill after the Anglo-Sikh wars in this respect and turned everything symbolic.

I believe even the circumstances that made the Khalsa militarised were a part of Guru jee’s plan. Everything is in the will of Guru Jee. Some say that when the army of Lahore Khalsa Sarkar decided to follow orders of the Dogras and massacre a Bramgiani like Baba Bir Singh Naurangabadi and thousands of his Sikh followers, it had accrued alot of bad karma, maybe that is why they lost to the British army. But just when we think that the Panth is going down, Guru Jee does kirpa on his Panth by sending such souls who revitalize the Panth with Khalsa ideals, I believe the Kuka movement, Singh Sabha movement, Akali movement, militant movement of the 80s are such movements that were meant to rejuvenate the Panth. And even in the future, Guru Jee will send such souls who may be already with us or are yet to come that will keep the Panth alive with Khalsa ideals. Whenever Khalsa Raaj comes, it will come with the blessings of Dasmesh Pitaa, without his blessings nothing can be achieved no matter how much we try.

without his blessings nothing can be achieved no matter how much we try.

I admire your chardhi kala but I have to also say that without the sustained effort on our part why would he bless us?

When I was younger, I was told to give £1.25 to the golak on special occasions. Later I was told that the £1.00 represented us and all our effort (i.e. 100%). When we do this, Guruji comes and gives us a blessing of a further 25%.

We will only get grace if we earn it as a quom I guess.

• 11 years later...
On 3/31/2010 at 1:53 PM, dalsingh101 said:

I admire your chardhi kala but I have to also say that without the sustained effort on our part why would he bless us?

When I was younger, I was told to give £1.25 to the golak on special occasions. Later I was told that the £1.00 represented us and all our effort (i.e. 100%). When we do this, Guruji comes and gives us a blessing of a further 25%.

We will only get grace if we earn it as a quom I guess.

We also put £1.25 usually at Gurdwara..!