How Does One Become The Akaal Takhat Jathedar?

How does one become the Akaal Takhat jathedar today? Who makes the final decision? Is this institute today in the pocket of Badal? What safeguards are their to prevent misuse and abuse of this office? Should the wider sangat be involved in selecting a jathedar? What is the remit of the jathedar position today?

Im watching Sikh channel now where they are discussing how they can help the sikhs in Sharjah facing death penalty and earlier they were discussing panthic issues... I think Sikh channel has taken the role of Akal Thakt lol when it comes to caring for the sikh panth lol

Were'nt the jathedars nominated back in the days, either by the panth or by the current jathedar? I dont think they stood as electees and tried to convince others of why they should vote for so and so.. As far as i know the sikhs went to Nawab Kapoor Singh and asked him to be the jathedar. Not the other way around,

Yes and Akalis under Phoola Singh, were very popular with the poor and didn't hesitate to rudely confront those in the highest positions of power. Including the rajay and passing high ranking goray officials.

HOW GOOD DO YOU KNOW BADALS ? HOW MESSY CAN YOU BE WITH MAJOR DECISIONS ? HOW GOOD CAN YOU BE AT 'ORGANISING SWAYING KIRPANS AND FLYING TURBANS OVER MINOR ISSUES MAKING IT WORTH WHILE FOR MEDIA COVERAGE AT THE AKAL TAKHAT ?

IF YOU ARE HAVING ALL THIS GO AHEAD ..YOU WILL BE CHOSEN THE NEXT JATHEDAR