What Is Moolmantar?

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal,

Dear all and Ragmaala Jee,

You wrote "no one can explain it , its beyond explanation, it can only be experienced."

And in the last post you wrote "Aap Apni Budh Hai Jeti Barnat Bhin Bhin Tuhe teti".

Have I understood you correctly? Everybody explains God and MoolMantar according to his intellect (Budhi) but no one can explain these but experience.

Akali_Nihung Jee wrote "mool manter = jidha koi mool nai".

Does mantar means 'nai'?

Quote "teh mool ne hega sirf parmesar da".

May I ask? Parmesar does not have mool (root). How does HE become mool of all?

Perhaps all that human mind does not understand is God, also MoolMantar.

Balbir Singh

waheguru

manter means wich goes inside ur soul "the divine experince" wich cannot be expressed and one can only experine it by doing abiyaas by kirpa of guru sahib :)

mool means poorey SGGS ji da jada mool hega its inside the moolmanter,u can say in very short guru sahib gave us.

mool da mere sirf ken da bhaav siga ki parmesar da mool koi paa ne sakda

dhan guru sahib

my 2 cents

this is what all i mean,ill not go more beond this as i dont have any more Knowledge veerji

Edited by Akali_Nihung

The Mool Mantar (also spelt Mul Mantra) is the most important composition contained within the Sri Guru Granth Sahib, the holy scripture of the Sikhs; it is the basis of Sikhism. The word "Mool" means "main", "root" or "chief" and "Mantar" means "magic chant" or "magic portion".

Together the words "Mool Mantar" mean the "Main chant" or "root verse". It’s importance is emphasised by the fact that it is the first composition to appear in the holy Granth of the Sikhs and that it appears before the commencement of the main section which comprises of 31 Raags or chapters.

The Mool Mantar is said to be the first composition uttered by Guru Nanak Dev upon enlightenment at the age of about 30. Being the basis of Sikhism it encapsulates the entire theology of Sikhism. When a person begins to learn Gurbani, this is the first verse that most would learn.

It is a most brief composition encompassing the entire universally complex theology of the Sikh faith. It has religious, social, political, logical, martial and eternal implication for human existence; a truly humanitarian and global concepts of the Supreme power for all to understand and appreciate.

This Mantar encompasses concepts which have been evaluated and proven over many eras (or yugs) and known to be flawless beyond any ambiguity what so ever. The rest of Japji sahib that follows this mantar is said to be a eloboration of the main mantar and that the rest of the Guru Granth Sahib totalling 1430 pages, is a detailed amplification of the Mool Mantar.

It is said that the rest of the Guru Granth Sahib is an elaboration of the Mool Mantar and that this Mantar itself is an explanation and amplification of the single phrase – Ek Oankaar, which is the first entry in the holy Granth.

"The Mul Mantra, the Root Mantra, is the only cure for the mind; I have installed faith in God in my mind" - SGGS page 675

[source http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php?title=Mool_Mantar]

*go up to nanak hoise be sach

Edited by sarbatdapala

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!

Dear all and Sarbatdapala Jee!

Thanks for your post.

Quote "It is said that the rest of the Guru Granth Sahib is an elaboration of the Mool Mantar and that this Mantar itself is an explanation and amplification of the single phrase – Ek Oankaar, which is the first entry in the holy Granth."

Who is it? Is it Guru Jee Himself or somebody else in the garb of Gurdev?

Quote "The Mul Mantra, the Root Mantra, is the only cure for the mind; I have installed faith in God in my mind."

May I ask which Guru has written these words? I could not find these words in Guru Granth Saahib Jee.

Balbir Singh

The Mool Mantar (also spelt Mul Mantra) is the most important composition contained within the Sri Guru Granth Sahib, the holy scripture of the Sikhs; it is the basis of Sikhism. The word "Mool" means "main", "root" or "chief" and "Mantar" means "magic chant" or "magic portion".

Together the words "Mool Mantar" mean the "Main chant" or "root verse". It’s importance is emphasised by the fact that it is the first composition to appear in the holy Granth of the Sikhs and that it appears before the commencement of the main section which comprises of 31 Raags or chapters.

The Mool Mantar is said to be the first composition uttered by Guru Nanak Dev upon enlightenment at the age of about 30. Being the basis of Sikhism it encapsulates the entire theology of Sikhism. When a person begins to learn Gurbani, this is the first verse that most would learn.

It is a most brief composition encompassing the entire universally complex theology of the Sikh faith. It has religious, social, political, logical, martial and eternal implication for human existence; a truly humanitarian and global concepts of the Supreme power for all to understand and appreciate.

This Mantar encompasses concepts which have been evaluated and proven over many eras (or yugs) and known to be flawless beyond any ambiguity what so ever. The rest of Japji sahib that follows this mantar is said to be a eloboration of the main mantar and that the rest of the Guru Granth Sahib totalling 1430 pages, is a detailed amplification of the Mool Mantar.

It is said that the rest of the Guru Granth Sahib is an elaboration of the Mool Mantar and that this Mantar itself is an explanation and amplification of the single phrase – Ek Oankaar, which is the first entry in the holy Granth.

"The Mul Mantra, the Root Mantra, is the only cure for the mind; I have installed faith in God in my mind" - SGGS page 675

[source http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php?title=Mool_Mantar]

*go up to nanak hoise be sach

wah wah wah esto wadeaa i coundt have told very nice singh..

sangato jad tak appa abhiyaas na kareye appa nu moolmanter bareey pata lag he ne sakda....guru sahib sadey sareyan teh kirpa karn

balbir veerji its said by our guru arjan dev ji

aoukhadh manthr mool man eaekai man bisavaas prabh dhaariaa |

The Mul Mantra, the Root Mantra, is the only cure for the mind; I have installed faith in God in my mind.

dhanaasiree mehalaa 5 |

ab har raakhanehaar chithaariaa |

pathith puneeth keeeae khin bheethar sagalaa rog bidhaariaa |1| rehaao |

gosatt bhee saadh kai sangam kaam krodh lobh maariaa |

simar simar pooran naaraaein sangee sagalae thaariaa |1|

aoukhadh manthr mool man eaekai man bisavaas prabh dhaariaa |

charan raen baashai nith naanak puneh puneh balihaariaa |2|16|

Dhanaasaree, Fifth Mehl:

Now, I contemplate and meditate on the Lord, the Saviour Lord.

He purifies sinners in an instant, and cures all diseases. ||1||Pause||

Talking with the Holy Saints, my sexual desire, anger and greed have been eradicated.

Remembering, remembering the Perfect Lord in meditation, I have saved all my companions. ||1||

The Mul Mantra, the Root Mantra, is the only cure for the mind; I have installed faith in God in my mind.

Nanak ever longs for the dust of the Lord's feet; again and again, he is a sacrifice to the Lord. ||2||16||

Dear all and Akali_Nihung Jee!

You wrote "balbir veerji its said by our guru arjan dev ji."

Thanks. I did not know that Guru Arjan Dev Jee wrote in English also.

Quote "aoukhadh manthr mool man eaekai man bisavaas prabh dhaariaa |

The Mul Mantra, the Root Mantra, is the only cure for the mind; I have installed faith in God in my mind."

I am not sure. What should be improved to understand the Guru? It is Gurmukhi or English?

Balbir Singh

Quote "aoukhadh manthr mool man eaekai man bisavaas prabh dhaariaa |

The Mul Mantra, the Root Mantra, is the only cure for the mind; I have installed faith in God in my mind."

I am not sure. What should be improved to understand the Guru? It is Gurmukhi or English?

Balbir Singh

You wrote "balbir veerji its said by our guru arjan dev ji."

Thanks. I did not know that Guru Arjan Dev Jee wrote in English also.

Balbir Singh Ji, as mentioned in my previous posts, please be respectful of the poster as he is only posting his thoughts.... As mentioned earlier, translations are there to help guide in understanding but YOU have the option of looking into that verse from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and understanding that verse as per your own thoughts....Why, must you seek answers from others when you can and have the option of seeking the Truth on your own...People will have their own thoughts as individuals as we are only humans created by god and even collectively we can try to comprehend him but that still won't be enough as God is vast as his universe but spending the time to try and comprehend and understand and fully realize God and his word is what the theology of all religions is.

Dear all and Cybersingh Jee!

Is asking someone a question not allowed on forums? I presume answering is also not banned if you know the answer. But misleading the seekers is not a good etiquette in Sikhi.

Strange, today so-called Sikhs know the MoolMantar given by their preachers and they confirm "sangato jad tak appa abhiyaas na kareye appa nu moolmanter bareey pata lag he ne sakda." Does one come to know MoolMantar by doing its abhiyaas?

From whom true seekers receive the Gur of MoolMantar that works?

Balbir Singh

balbir veeji bade asaan gal karda by graceof guru sahib

for example u have come from a long walk and ur tired u drink a glass of water and u get tripta out of it,now i ask u paaji tripta daso kive hundey ya..you would give me an answer by ur knowdlege,but if i keep on asking at last you would only tell me "singh aap pani pee ke dekho,then ull come to know" soo naam abiyaas is same singh sahib,jad tak appa naam abiyaas na kareye,theorically all will help u but practically u have to do it by yourself untuill then u will never ever ever come to know :)..why not veerji u start atlest 15 min per day mool manter till nanak hose bhe sach,ardas karo dekho gurunanak ki kirpa karda ...

i hope so ki twadey answer hun mil gae hon geh ....

Thanks for your patience with a student.

You wrote "singh aap pani pee ke dekho,then ull come to know."

I agree. Thirst is quenched by drinking water. But what should a seeker do when they give him something else than a water-based drink.

Quote "why not veerji u start atlest 15 min per day mool manter till nanak hose bhe sach,ardas karo dekho gurunanak ki kirpa karda ..."

Please give me MoolMantar if you know it. Also, please be sure that it is the same MoolMantar the reverend Gurus praised whole life.

Balbir Singh

Dear all and Cybersingh Jee!

Is asking someone a question not allowed on forums? I presume answering is also not banned if you know the answer. But misleading the seekers is not a good etiquette in Sikhi.

Strange, today so-called Sikhs know the MoolMantar given by their preachers and they confirm "sangato jad tak appa abhiyaas na kareye appa nu moolmanter bareey pata lag he ne sakda." Does one come to know MoolMantar by doing its abhiyaas?

From whom true seekers receive the Gur of MoolMantar that works?

Balbir Singh

Balbir Singh Ji....

Did I ever say that asking questions is not allowed on forums? question and answer is a basic principle of life to gain knowledge as we are all here on this forum to learn but to mock the answer is also not good etiquette..

If you believe the Mool Mantar is not the one that is the first listed verse in SGGS then please, by all means, enlighten us by your definition of Gur, Gurmantar, Mool Mantar etc....

Dear all!

Cybersingh Jee wrote "Did I ever say that asking questions is not allowed on forums?"

This is what you wrote in the previous post "Why, must you seek answers from others when you can and have the option of seeking the Truth on your own."

Quote "question and answer is a basic principle of life to gain knowledge as we are all here on this forum to learn but to mock the answer is also not good etiquette.."

Mocking is for me when preachers mislead the seekers ignoring Guru's words.

Quote "If you believe the Mool Mantar is not the one that is the first listed verse in SGGS then please, by all means, enlighten us by your definition of Gur, Gurmantar, Mool Mantar etc...."

The topic here is MoolMantar.

I did not find one instance where the reverend Gurus have said that the first listed verse in SGGS is the MoolMantar.

Balbir Singh

wjkk wjkf

u know balbir veerji,twadey post pad kay i thought ki tusi ethe makhol kardey pae ethey but after that i went to ur profle and checked ur past post you have said,from there i see ki have much much Knowledge but u try to ask others what they know and it keeps on going."i came to this forums after a vey long time "

veerji ajj meh twanu ek benti karda,agar guru sahib ne twadey teh kirpa kiti aa teh usnu vando if we are wrong anywhere,jaan booz ke counter attack walli gallan karni,twada we waqt kharb hunda sada we,pls enlighten us what u think

because i see in ur post ur not a choti hasti kaafi Knowledge hega twanu,awee koi enney swal ne pochda

jada banda sikhan aaya howe enne gallan jinne appa ne moolmanter ich kiti he must convince but you kept on asking

that means u think smething else

what is that else u think abt moolmanter ?

mere panjaa ne teh menu kheya abt mool manter and if gurusahib blessess me,daas will keep on doing that till my last swas ...

sarb dharam meh sresht dharam har ko naam jap nirmal karam

love towards lord is sab toh wadaa

ur much elder to me veerji we are much younger to you,if god has enlightend you pls help the sanagat over here :)

maafe mangda if i have said anything wrong and hurted u sir

Edited by Akali_Nihung

You wrote "what is that else u think abt moolmanter ?"

Gurdev said that MoolMantar is Hari Naam Rasaayan.

Quote "mere panjaa ne teh menu kheya abt mool manter and if gurusahib blessess me,daas will keep on doing that till my last swas ..."

lagdaa tuhaDe panjaa ne bhee preachers dee sunee te mannee, guru jee dee nahi.

Guru Jee says 'meri sudh budh bisar gaee'. You swear you will keep it till last swaas.

Quote "sarb dharam meh sresht dharam har ko naam jap nirmal karam."

Please ponder. A person counts the repetition of a verse from Granth Saahib Jee. Did Gurdev ever call it Hari kaa Naam Jap?

Balbir Singh