What's A Good Tayl For Kesh?

I usually wash my hair 2 or 3 times a week.

SOmetimes I massage copious amounts of badam rogan oil into my head the night before. and then after washing whilst my hair is still dripping wet I rub in a tiny amount of oil into all my hair to condition it. If you do it this way you'll get a good conditioning without having a greasy mop.

Also the smell is usually if you follow the 'wash hair weekly, add tons of oil, always keep head covered' way. If fresh air doesn't get to your head/hair it will start smelling 'stagnant'. So uncover your head for a few hours a day, let your hair down. trust me: your not breaking any rehat and you wont go to hell!

johnson baby oil (parafum oil). Thing with oil is back in the days people used bars of soap, which dry the skin and hair so you would need to apply oil after. Nowadays we get shampoos with moisturising effect which add to the silkyness and strength of hair (so you do not need oil) get a really Nice shampoo (invest).

johnson baby oil (parafum oil). Thing with oil is back in the days people used bars of soap, which dry the skin and hair so you would need to apply oil after. Nowadays we get shampoos with moisturising effect which add to the silkyness and strength of hair (so you do not need oil) get a really Nice shampoo (invest).

I get what you're saying but having a jungle of hair on my head I found that I was using tons of conditioner and still found it difficult to control my hair. Now I've gone back to using just a few drops of oil rubbed in soaking wet hair. and i find that a lot more effective and cheaper than conditioners. and because its a minimal amount your hair isn't greasy.

If you can afford it I'd also recommend the better quality shampoos from health food shops, those without the harsh chemicals. Its gotta be good for your mane.

I stopped using oil for kesh many years back. It was really 'khushak' early on, but now hair looks normal. It could be the natural oil from body, but my hair does not look any 'khushak' anymore.

I have been doing the same thing. At first it looked very kushk, but now it doesn't.

but when simran is increased then khuskhi increases, sometimes a lot.

If thats the case then do what Baba Nand SIngh Ji does. In fact, your icon pic shows just that.

They used to make a roti of flour and ghee and place it on their head when doing tapasya. By morning the ghee would be absorbed into the skull and they would replace with another roti.

There was a thread a while ago about this.

Or just do head massage with plenty of ghee into your head; drink warm milk with ghee added to it. BTW IMO if you are gonna do tapp like this and its causing you kushki chances are that you will loose your hair anyway before your time, due to the mental stress.

LOL I thought you were asking just plain hair and beauty advice.... now the subject matter is different. the local in-house vaids here should be able to offer further relevent advice. ANyone.......?

Also re: ghee.

According to my mother it is better to use good quality butter from the supermarche and make ghee from that rather than buying the stuff. Don't know why though.

Method: Heat required amount of butter in a heavy-base pan. Keep it on heat until the sediments start to stick to the bottom and start going brown. This is when the impurities separate from the ghee. One done pour out the ghee into a separate vessel ensuring you don't allow the white 'millai' like impurities pass through and enjoy.