Real Life Of Punjabis Abroad

G.Kaur

With so many Indian people in UK, it is really sad to see no one organization or group of people helping these fellow Indians. Instead these poor people are being exploited as cheap labour. I remember a couple of months ago how everyone here (that are from the UK) saying things like how these new immigrants are smelly, they have a pervy look in their eyes, they should all just go back. For a moment I thought I was on stormfront.org instead of a Sikh forum full of people of Indian origin. People need to look at themselves in the mirror and remember who they are before they start to act like Goray. Living in the UK doesn't make you an Angrej.

Living in the UK doesn't make you an Angrej.

Unfortunately not.

Having lived with fauji myself I can tell you that they get treated a lot better by the Gora-man than apnay. The guys I lived with were roofers. They would work outside upto 12 hours aday, 6-7days a week whatever the weather may bring. What, for a measly £40 per day in london.

When they do decide to go back to India its with a whole load of health problems.

But what the hell....at least us Brit-asian have got out extention/loft conversion/driveway on the cheap!!!

Then we have the audacity (myself included) to complain that they drink, smoke, do drugs, go to whore-houses.

I don't know. We do have this strange self hatred or jealousy thing going on.

I've worked on sites a few times. Frequently you see an apnas face get twisted at the mere sight of another apna coming along. The same guy will be all smiles and friendliness to a random goray. Even when the gora is borderline racist and makes disparaging comments.

We need to nail what exactly it is that makes us do this? A large part of it is unhealthy competition between ourselves I imagine. Is it any different to what was going on between misls in the past?

Jattboot - I heard they are paying guys £30 a day these day!!

Edited by dalsingh101