Seminar On Sikh History At Delhi

Gurfateh

Bhai Seva Das was an Udasi, and had written history related to Tenth Master.

As per him Tenth Master told Hazrat Aungzeb Rahmat Alhe(Sorry to use respectful word to villain but this is Sikhi to see God in foe), If you break one idol, many idolators will make new idols of wood, flour etc. Real idol is ego. My Khalsa has come to break that idol.(as learnt from one of the lecture of Baba Niddar Singh Ji in )

Edited by vijaydeep Singh

Sewa Das's Parchian were translated into English (with the Gurmukhi text I think) a few years ago by the IOSS. You should be able to get hold of it quite easily if you try?

Actually, I think this is it here:

http://freeonlinebook.net/Others/64713/Episodes-From-Lives-of-the-Gurus

Got this from Sikhiwiki

Parchian Sewa Das is also known as "Parchian Pathshahi 10", "Sakhian Seva Das Udasi", "Mahalan Dasan Kian Sakhian" and "Sakhian Dasan Patshahian Kian".

It is one of the earliest available narrations, in prose, of 50 sakhis (episodes) from the lives of the Gurus, of which 38 relate events in the life of Guru Gobind Singh. Its date of completion coincides with the date of the Joti Jot (emerging with the eternal) of Guru Gobind Singh and it seems to have been written at Hazur Sahib, Nander.

Dated October 1708, all that is known of its author Seva Das, comes from the work's colophon, which relates that Seva Das was a member of the Udasi sect during the life of Guru Gobind Singh.

The work is in the collection of Khalsa College, Amritsar, under the number of MS. No. 2300E.

Bhasha Vibhag (Language Department), Punjab first published this work in 1961, and a second edition was brought out in 1978.

Dalsingh or anyone else here - do you have a PDF of Parchiyaan?

Thanks.

No, sorry I don't. But it wouldn't surprise me if there was one hovering around somewhere in cyberspace?

Happy hunting.

If anyone finds a copy with the Panjabi text included (I may be wrong but I think the published version had this as an appendix), please share.