Bhangu's Panth Prakash Volume 1: Trans. Kulwant Singh

dalsingh101

It takes a few seconds to load up but here is the complete pdf of Kulwant Singh's translation of Rattan Singh Bhangu's famous Panth Prakash (volume 1)!

You lucky people you! I paid good money for my copy.

http://www.sikhinstitute.org/gpp_v1.pdf

If you like it, show your appreciation by buying volume 2 when it gets released, which is LOOOONG overdue.

Apparently the SGPC has been sitting on it for a good few years now and still haven't released it. They must be short of funds or something......

It's cool Chatanga. I still think hard copies are better than ebooks in any case. You can stick little post it notes on important pages and find them quicker. Plus, call me old fashioned, but nothing beats having the book in your hand and control over the pages. And they are still available if your PC/laptop dies!

I've been waiting for vol 2 for a few years now. It's beyond a joke.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

Wanted to share this link for a good quality recording of Pracheen Panth Parkash. It is on gurmatveechar.com in audio/new katha/giani pritpal singh.

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audios/Katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Giani_Pritpal_Singh_(Patiala_wale)/Pracheen_Panth_Parkash_Katha/Giani.Pritpal.Singh.(Patiala.Wale).-.Pracheen.Panth.Parkash.Katha.001.-.2016-06-18.mp3

Excellent thread here are 2 more recordings i found by gyani sher singh and baba santa singh budha dal.

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio.php?q=f&f=%2FKatha%2F02_Present_Day_Katha%2FNihang_Giani_Sher_Singh_(Ambala_wale)%2FPracheen_Panth_Parkash_Katha

Pracheen Panth Parkash Katha 001 by Akali Baba Santa Singh Nihang Buddha Dal

• 3 months later...

I've been revisiting this work. I have to say the details given within are mind blowing and can't be found elsewhere.

It was a bit of a shock to read that Sirhand, at the time of the chote sahibzaday's shaheedi, had some Sikh population and even a masand. When it became apparent that Banda SIngh was coming over there for retribution and justice these people lamented their own inaction (and the fact they will be punished for it) and blamed the masand for not leading them to fight or to offer a ransom for the sahibzaday. 

Good work Dal. I had been of a mind to re-read Panth Parkash for some time, but opted to listen to the katha of it instead. From that you pick up extra info, but today i found out the info I was after for a long time, but wasn't aware where it was written. I had actually at one time thought it may have been an oral tradition that was passed down but its actually in Panth Parkash about how Baba Banda Bahadur developed differences with the Khalsa. I have been listening to the katha and am upto number 39 audio file.

it's on gurmatveechar if anyone wants to listen to it.

12 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Good work Dal. I had been of a mind to re-read Panth Parkash for some time, but opted to listen to the katha of it instead. From that you pick up extra info, but today i found out the info I was after for a long time, but wasn't aware where it was written. I had actually at one time thought it may have been an oral tradition that was passed down but its actually in Panth Parkash about how Baba Banda Bahadur developed differences with the Khalsa. I have been listening to the katha and am upto number 39 audio file.

it's on gurmatveechar if anyone wants to listen to it.

What did you learn? 

8 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

About the parting/rift between Baba Banda Bahadur and Mata Sundri. I never knew where the info from this came from, whether it was textual or an oral tradition.

There is so much you come across when you read Bhangu's work. The sava lakh sau ik laraun for example.