Why Do So Many Upneh Drink?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Im starting this thread up again as i had to search it out for info to post on that famous site of learning sikh sangat.

Gurdwaras also need to be more active in saying to the sangat, that avoid alcohol. But most gurdwaras will be reluctant to, as the majority of SIkhs drink, and this may affect their income at Gurdwara.

Can you remember the last time, anybody said from your local gurdwara, dont drink alcohol?

My parents say probably 1/4 granthis drink secretly..

It's because we're trying to be all puritan and orthodox and forcing people into things instead of understanding that Sikhi comes from the soul.

We've essentially started to act like Muslims, due to repeated attacks so the enemy's work is working; we're forgetting who we are, and getting caught up in only tamougan and look what's happening.

gtloc ji, forgive me but describing others as puritans or saying granthis drink secretly is a habit of weak characters, who cant bring themselves to accept that they themselves have faults, which they are trying to hide with the faults and mistakes of others.

Can you tell your mom and dad, (if they are Sikhs) that their Guru is not a granthi in a gurdwara somewhere but Guru Granth Sahib.

nobody is forcing any rehat on you, so we are not acting like muslims. a sikhs job can be tp help share rehat but no-one can force it on anyone.

You mis-understand what I said; please research some of the things the singh sabha and british actually did to split the sikh panth from what should be 200+ million to 20

I am not interested in my own weakness, this body will come and go with the wind and the dust||

VJKVJF

Edited by GtLoc

You mis-understand what I said; please research some of the things the singh sabha and british actually did to split the sikh panth from what should be 200+ million to 20|

As well as the myth of centuries of muslim rule, when only akbar had anything close and that was really with punjab/rajput permission and alliance|

I am not interested in my own weakness, this body will come and go with the wind and the dust||

VJKVJF