Body And Soul During Pregnancy

JustME

WJKK WJKF All!!! :-)

Waheguru has blessed dass with a child and lil one should be entering our world around May 2011, making me nearly six months pregnant, now heres my question.

Throughout pregnancy I have been told various things by various gursikhs about sikhi and the soul etc etc.......but what puzzles me is: -

When the soul enters the body, does it even experience suffering?

At what point does waheguru begin rakhiah of the soul.....surely there has to be a peroid of suffering for the soul.....

as per gurbani tuks where Guru Maharaj talks about the pain of being in the womb, but also talks about waheguru nurturing the soul and protecting it whist in the womb, at this point my confusion begins.

Could some you you enlighten souls please help point in the right direction as to whats going on in my uterus on a spiritual level.......i am very curious to understand it....

bhul check khima

WJKK WJKF

I haven't got a lot of time to explain but the jeev atma will generally enter at 120 days and it will suffer a lot in the sense that it will remember waheguru continously if it doesn't then the jeev will die. Also when the baby is born it will suffer pain equivelent to a 1000 scorpion bites. soz i haven't got time to explain what i wrote.

when the soul enters is different for each jeev. Yes, there is suffering, but I imagine it's a good thing that burns up bad karams. Some advanced souls often enter the body at a very late time in the pregnancy so they don't have to suffer. The more naam bani the mother and father focus on, the greater the soul that enters, and the greater the benefit to all. Sant Sunder Singh ji Bhindrenwale's father used to read Gurbani into his mother's ear when she was asleep so they could keep Bani going 24/7 for the fetus. Also, I kinda wonder if perhaps that those who do more paath may reduce suffering fo the jeev.

Edited by Xylitol

Gurbani talks about how fetus is formed and how it becomes a living thing with the infusion of breath. Does Gurbani say anything about soul entering a fetus?

Reincarnation means re-fashioning of five elements OR soul (if it exists) entering new body (of human, animal or vegetation)?

Edited by laalsingh

• 2 weeks later...

WJKK WJKF All!!! :-)

Waheguru has blessed dass with a child and lil one should be entering our world around May 2011, making me nearly six months pregnant, now heres my question.

Throughout pregnancy I have been told various things by various gursikhs about sikhi and the soul etc etc.......but what puzzles me is: -

When the soul enters the body, does it even experience suffering?

At what point does waheguru begin rakhiah of the soul.....surely there has to be a peroid of suffering for the soul.....

as per gurbani tuks where Guru Maharaj talks about the pain of being in the womb, but also talks about waheguru nurturing the soul and protecting it whist in the womb, at this point my confusion begins.

Could some you you enlighten souls please help point in the right direction as to whats going on in my uterus on a spiritual level.......i am very curious to understand it....

bhul check khima

WJKK WJKF

The soul does not experience suffering per say. It is the Jiva (Soul + Mind) which enters the flesh. Suffering when it is spoke about the child in the womb is not suffering because it is in the womb. The Suffering is a response to taking birth into Maya which in its nature is the cause of Karmic suffering. The Karmic account must be settles so this Jiva has taken birth into this Suffering world and the process through which it must come into this world is also taken into this journey and spoken as suffering.

The protection that the Guru speaks of refers to the innocence of the child is in the likeness of Divinity, thus ever-pervading Parm-Atma nurtures the Jiva that is taking birth. The Karmic accounts of the child have not bore fruits so in its state of pure innocence the child is in the protection of the Divine.

To question when and how all of this happens is unfortunately known to very few Bramgianis. It is not commonly spoken about in normal conversation.

btw congratulations bhen ji!! :)

Q: I understand that life begins at conception but does this mean a soul enters the mother’s womb at the same time i.e. during conception or does it enter sometime later during pregnancy?

A: Vrinda, about this, one thing is to be understood the soul doesn’t enter. If you are using the word soul as an alternate to the hindi word ‘atma’ then I would say this is wrong choice of word. No.1, the right choice of the word would be the individual soul, the ‘jivatama’ not the ‘atma’ and secondly, the timing of the individual soul to enter into the womb is not during the conception or after the conception has happened. Actually, the mind of the individual soul is already present being pushed & pulled towards that right combination as per the karmic accounts to be settled. And then the mind begins to open up itself, it’s samskaras, impressions and karmic account & from there henceforth the body gets created.

So we can say that the conception is followed by the presence of that individual soul right there & right at that moment when that man & woman are having the intercourse. So it is not during & it is not after. But this is something which is very mysterious and what I am saying is coming from the sources of those great evolved individuals who had ability to see this happening. And it’s not a small thing; it’s most complicated & most mysterious thing. But which happen to be possible to some individuals who could have the first hand information about this whole process.