Girl's Father Kills Lover, Throws Body In River

How would you know? Seriously, you haven't got any clue about your own people, you've just projected what you wish they were onto your image of them. Your inability to speak the language essentially bars you from really getting to know/understand the vast majority of them. That's going to skew your perspective massively. Face it.

You telling me about ghostdancing, you haven't even got a clue about what the majority of our people are like and you come out with all these theories. You think most Sikhs will give your 'theories' about how we need to progress even two minutes once they twig you can't even communicate to them in your native tongue? What chance do you think you have of being accepted by them? It's you who are out of your depth.

I may not be fluent but when most sikhs speak fluent english it hasnt given me the incentive to learn more than what I grew up with. Just because you can speak fluently doesnt stop people seeing through what you say. I grew up around sikhs, went to school with them, work with them etc, and guess what most of them are normal. Some proper nutters here and there who would skew an outsider's perspective, but not the kind of weirdoes you know. London isnt renowned for its large sikh communities, maybe its you who should go and have a look at what sikhs are like.

Forget writing and publishing, we can't even informally form any sort of vague unified corporate perspective of the wider inter-community dynamics/relations. In any case, it isn't like we don't publish books on Sikh related matters anyway!

There is a major difference between some book that can be sold in a Gurudwara on sundays and a book that stands up to criticism from others and will be found in libraries that have books hundreds of years old.

You're saying we can't form corporate perspectives without an already existing base to operate from. I'm saying it is pretty much impossible to even get a base like this without forming a stronger corporate perspective before hand.

I've never said that. Maybe you should learn to read without judging, as I'm saying both go hand in hand. You cannot fully achieve one whilst leaving the other one. Get it? I'll break it down if your finding things difficult.

Go to Atlanta in the States and you'll see what a load of crap your statement above is.

Care to explain whats in Atlanta?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never said that. Maybe you should learn to read without judging, as I'm saying both go hand in hand. You cannot fully achieve one whilst leaving the other one. Get it? I'll break it down if your finding things difficult.

Okay. How the hell do you expect people to engage in a guaranteed violent, traumatic conflict involving multiple hostile global players, lasting God knows how long (which is what gaining a sovereign nation is most likely to entail), without having them largely conditioned and prepared, both mentally and physically beforehand? Essentially prepared to make the ultimate personal and family sacrifice.

Because unless I get it wrong, that is exactly what we need to have as a minimum in order to even give the thought of fighting for our nation a serious try.

If there are ANY shortcomings in this department, chances our people will soon lose the will to persevere once serious reverses hit them. Or the cohesion required for success here won't exist and we'll be back to the old days of loyal 'Indian' Sikhs (ala Punjab police) killing 'separatist' ones and a community split as usual.

These are things that need to be nailed before hand unless you want a repetition of before.

Okay. How the hell do you expect people to engage in a guaranteed violent, traumatic conflict involving multiple hostile global players, lasting God knows how long (which is what gaining a sovereign nation is most likely to entail), without having them largely conditioned and prepared, both mentally and physically beforehand? Essentially prepared to make the ultimate personal and family sacrifice.

Because unless I get it wrong, that is exactly what we need to have as a minimum in order to even give the thought of fighting for our nation a serious try.

If there are ANY shortcomings in this department, chances our people will soon lose the will to persevere once serious reverses hit them. Or the cohesion required for success here won't exist and we'll be back to the old days of loyal 'Indian' Sikhs (ala Punjab police) killing 'separatist' ones and a community split as usual.

These are things that need to be nailed before hand unless you want a repetition of before.

Whoa, whoa, who the hell wants war? If it didnt work before, it wont work again unless we approach it from a completely new way - like not expecting the pakis to bankroll and supply us. The truth is that if you want a country you need to be able to fill it with all the stuff that a country needs. All I want is to get people on the same wavelength with the tolerance to accept their is variety in how people are. If you want people to fight and die, spirituality is one component. But there is patriotism, nationalism, and a set plan for what will happen in victory. Like a lawful country where caste/sex crimes are punished as they go against the values of sikhi. That kind of thing. But like I said we're a long way from a war. And we dont need war to take over gurudwaras or build institutions etc.

I said it to you before, I'll say it again, what we need right now is an intellectual/spiritual lehar to transform us. It could well be possible that the very early seeds of this are being sowed as we speak. People can now communicate openly across space with technology. Lets see if Sikhs run with the old nepotistic, castecentric, materialist, sycophantic ways or come out with something more progressive and empowering?

Edited by dalsingh101

Because we tried to hook him up with a jatti and he refused.

It was one step away from a 'forced marriage'. lol

Dalsingh, just wanted to tell you, that I think you should know that I'm quite offended because you didn't let me be your vicholi! :(

Don't you trust me?

I was expecting a gold necklace in return of finding you a jatti, now I'm just really depressed and sad sitting here eating cake and having my beloved Coca-Cola.