Girl's Father Kills Lover, Throws Body In River

Girl's father kills lover, throws body in river

I P Singh, TNN, Feb 22, 2011, 03.26am IST

KAPURTHALA: In a case of honour killing, the father of a girl allegedly killed her lover, who was from a so-called lower caste, and threw his body in river Beas, early this month.

The accused, who has been arrested, reportedly told the police that he killed the boy to "save the honour of his family". The girl belonged to Jat community while the boy was from Valmiki community, which made the affair unacceptable to the girl's father.

According to police sources, the victim, Sandeep Singh, 20, of Choladha village, who was a cop in Punjab police and a promising Kabaddi player, had gone missing on February 6. He was to fly to Malaysia for a kabaddi tournament on February 14. Later his family learnt that he was kidnapped by the girl's father Balwinder Singh of neighbouring Lakh Waryan village.

The girl, Karamdeep Kaur, is a student of BA part-II, while the youth had given up his studies after plus two.

"Sandeep was preparing for his tournament when he went missing. We kept searching him, but failed," said Balkar Singh, uncle of the youth. He said that Sandeep and Karamdeep, who were class-fellows, had been having an affair since their school days.

"When Balwinder was rounded up and questioned on Monday he confessed to his crime," said SHO, Kabirpur, Narinder Pal Singh Aujla. He said that efforts were on to search for the body. Call details of Sandeep's mobile phone revealed that the last call made from his phone was to the girl's cell phone.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accused admits to killing kabaddi player with lathi

Dharmendra Joshi

Tribune News Service

Jalandhar, February 22

A single hit with a lathi on his head killed kabaddi player Sandeep Singh of Chuladha village in Sultanpur Lodhi subdivision of Kapurthala district. The accused, Balwinder Singh, father of the girl with whom Sandeep allegedly had an affair, admitted during his interrogation.

Balwinder Singh of a nearby Lakhwarian village surrendered before a Sultanpur Lodhi court on Monday following registration of a case against him on the basis of a statement of Sandeep’s uncle, Bicker Singh, a few days ago. The court remanded him in two-day police custody.

Confirming this, Sultanpur Lodhi DSP Gurmit Singh said the accused informed the police that he had seen Sandeep hiding under a charpai in their house at around 2 am on the night of February 6. At this, he hit Sandeep on his head with a lathi, which proved fatal for him, he added. He then called his nephew Jogi to throw Sandeep’s body into the Beas river flowing near their village, the accused informed the police.

The DSP said the police took the help of several divers to find Sandeep’s body on Tuesday but to no avail.

Earlier, Sandeep’s mother Tarsem Kaur told mediapersons that her son had disappeared under mysterious circumstances on February 6. When she and her family failed to locate him, she informed the police on February 11. The police registered the FIR on the basis of a complaint filed by Sandeep’s uncle.

The DSP said Balwinder Singh had sent his daughter to the house of one of their relatives and she would be produced before the police on Wednesday. Following which, the things would become clearer, he added.

Sandeep and the girl belonged to different communities and the family members of the deceased claimed that he had been murdered by the girl’s father in the name of honour.

Let's be honest here, the scumb*g got what he deserved.

It's interesting how people on here jump to conclusions straight away..ie Jat Raj Zindabad type comments. How would Amardeep react if some guy is caught hiding under a bed in his home?

If a Jat boy was caught in the same position and got killed then I would say he deserved it as well. If you enter someone's home in the middle of the night in order to play out some bollywood love story then you deserve everything the girl's family hit you with.

Edited by tonyhp32

This has become a common thing in our community, that it doesn't even surprise me anymore.

We don't know whether these cases are on rise or decline we don't know but certainly these type of caste killing are favourate topic of media and we all are living in world where we are just puppets of media.If media day and night show us 1000 dogs killed in USA while totally ignoring 10,000 humans killed in Africa then we will be more worried about dogs rather than Humans

Let's be honest here, the scumb*g got what he deserved.

It's interesting how people on here jump to conclusions straight away..ie Jat Raj Zindabad type comments. How would Amardeep react if some guy is caught hiding under a bed in his home?

If a Jat boy was caught in the same position and got killed then I would say he deserved it as well. If you enter someone's home in the middle of the night in order to play out some bollywood love story then you deserve everything the girl's family hit you with.

The article you posted also shows that it had nothing to do with caste as the original article tried to portray. You find a guy in your house in the middle of the night messing around with your daughter or sister, I'm pretty sure any ghairatmand Punjabi man regardless of caste would probably attack that guy without thinking once about the consequences. As for those people who make ignorant comments, let them. Lets see if they would keep their cool if they found a man messing around with their sister or daughter under their own roof.

This story reminds me of the incident a few months ago where another Ghairatmand Punjabi man shot a guy who was found in his own daughter's bed in the middle of the night. He shoots the guy, and the entire english media painted the situation as being a "Jat man attacks and kills a poor boy because of his caste" type of story which to be honest is pure bull$hit.

Edited by Mithar

I wasnt making an ignorant comment, just pointing out that now he's in custody or jail, his daughter will get up to god knows what if she is inclined that way. There must be a way of dealing with this that doesnt involve murder, prison and the oh-so-wonderful indian justice system.

The real question is where is Dal Singh and why isn't he playing his Jat bashing dafli on this thread?

Did you ever stop to consider that Jatti may have been a BIG slag? It's nothing surprising, come to London and you can meet plenty of Jatti slappers if you don't believe me.

He should have done a better job in teaching his daughter to keep her legs closed maybe??

Edited by dalsingh101

dal singh veer ji i agree, yaar oh kuri nu milne giya si, samjho aah gal kuri nu nahi pasand aayi si te ohda farz banda si ke oh munde nu lautan lai raazi kar lehndi.

kuri de pyo ne ohnu vekhya te vekhan to baad hi kuttya na ? je oh samajdar si ga na , ta pehli gal kuri nu bulakar pucchda, ke aa aaya kitho ?

this is an entire case like the violin and the fiddle. the kuri is to blame of course and her pyo has to be double blamed since he knew the zaat of the munda and he hit him after seeing him.

Thanks Dal Singh, where would we be without your pearls of wisdom?

Like I thought, you have serious issues my friend and my advice to you still stands. You need some counselling to get over your hatred of Jats which is not available on this forum. You've been found out and now your true face stands exposed.

Now what's the likelihood that had the boy been a Jat and the girl a lower caste, that Dal Singh would spun this story into one of his 'jats rape lower caste girls' fantasies?

This brings the next follow on question, does Dal Singh suffer from Jatphobia?

Nope, I don't suffer from Dalophobia. How can you fear someone whose beliefs about jats are a constant source of amusement. If I was Dal Singh's therapist I would prescribe some shock therapy, maybe a weekend of watching Jat films, followed by hanging out with a gang of freshies all day and listening to their guppan. Then a stint of a day with a Bhangra group where every few minutes they all break out in a chorus of Buuahhs and balleh ballehs!

Nope, I don't suffer from Dalophobia. How can you fear someone whose beliefs about jats are a constant source of amusement. If I was Dal Singh's therapist I would prescribe some shock therapy, maybe a weekend of watching Jat films, followed by hanging out with a gang of freshies all day and listening to their guppan. Then a stint of a day with a Bhangra group where every few minutes they all break out in a chorus of Buuahhs and balleh ballehs!

Now you're just trying to make him mad.

LOL I was laughing for 5 minutes after Reading this post.I knew that Fireworks are going to come in this thread

When you clock how many apneean have undercover relationships with all and sundry in the UK - if the original post example was followed, the bundhay in our community would probably have little time for anything other than murder. lol

Those of you allowed out after dark in the UK and don't live in caves should know this. If that girl was being 'forced' by some bloke, I'd be saluting the father for dealing with him in this way. Whatever his background, Sikh or not. However, seeing as his daughter is more than likely as guilty as the 'romeo' or at least reciprocal to his amorous advances, it's just clownish to solely blame the bloke for their relationship.

As for those who were saying he got what he deserved for sneaking around like that. Well, do you think if he came over respectfully to the father and asked for his daughter's hand, he would have been treated with respect and whatnot. Wake up.

And what the hell is a Valmiki? I thought he was the bloke who wrote Mahabharat?

Edited by dalsingh101

Do I get to wear one of those brightly coloured 'man-skirts' as well? You know the ones with the gold embroidery on the edges?

Clown.

Tell the truth about peasants, they complain. Say nothing, they complain. lol

Anyway the rest of you, you are falling for 'Old McTony's' trick. He just wants to you to give him an opportunity and excuse to start talking about farmers. It's what makes his type most happy.

Don't fall for it. lol

But on a serious one. Truth is that that tightly controlled stuff over daughters isn't going to work in the west for more than a few generations at best. It's already creaking in the UK. From what I hear, there is also A LOT of surreptitious relationships going on back home too. I know if you are a pendu, this may be difficult to grasp, but we might, just MIGHT, want to try and resolve things within the community in a slightly less destructive way than murder. Maybe.

Edited by dalsingh101