Claim Of Guru Nanak?

Mithar I really liked your last post before that one. So would you say mithar then we should convert these muslims to sikhism? I am not laughing at it- rather with it. It seems alot of this topics answers are given in panth prakash by bhangu sardars do you have a link to it? Also till today I don't think we have had any sikh scholar take events of Guru Gobind Singh ji's court to produce jurdistical laws that should be applied in a sikh homeland i.e. religious freedoms etc.

http://www.bagchee.com/en/books/view/40642/sri_gur_panth_prakash_rattan_singh_bhangoo_volume_1

Also I will ask the gursikh sangat to read into rumis works and caste and compare gurbani we find too many similarities that are hard to miss. We can criticise Prophet Mohammad but how about rumi what are his flaws? Rumis poems are sold in punjabi, urdu, persian, even some bookshops that sell books on gurmat stock this I have heard him mentioned by older sikh scholars in there narrations of sikhi so I would assume even todays modern day scholars on sikhawareness should be well versed about rumi.

http://www.rumi.org.uk/

Obviously, Gurmat is a path which all should follow. But we do not beleive in saving souls like the Semitic faiths do. Sikhi does not condemn anyone to hell just because they do not beleive in Sikhi. Eventually when Khalsa Raaj will happen, Muslims, Christians, Hindus will become Sikhs, not out of fear(like how Christianity and Islam were largely spread) but because Gurmat is the truth.

Rumi was a good, spiritual man from what I have read. I cannot say anything bad about him since Sikhi forbids us to say something bad against saintly men.

Rumi was good but why is Guru Nanak better? We all believe in sikh raj but that concept is from sau sakhis and rajnamah and karnanamah how authentic are those documents?

That is topic which books and volumes can be written for. I would suggest you please listen to Giani Takhur Singh Jee's Japji Sahib Katha which explains every thing. You can find it on Gurmat Veechar. Furthermore, if you can then please read Udham Singh's book "Sacha Guru". It explains in detail of why Guru Nanak Dev Jee has no equal. He is Jagat Guru.

Edited by Mithar

On 5/3/2011 at 8:40 PM, sarbatdapala said:

Also a muslim to quote once said ""Our prophet has said that a true Muslim is he by whose words and deeds not the least of his brother-men may ever come to any harm ..." from http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig6/knaebel3.html

Also as for the comments of mithar on disproving islam please construct a document for the entire sangat with quotes, references to all those points of disproof as well for sangat. Thing is I remembering reading that even the first generation of muslims doubted the prophethood of muhammad however agreed with alot of the things he taught and said even the monotheism so as a walliat he stands to be a true walli (saint mahapurkh however one with questioned attributes).

He may be a walli, saint Mahapurkh to the low Islamic standards. But Sikhs standards for what constitutes a Mahapurkh is very high. And in no way does Prophet Mohammaded fit the standards of what we consider to be a Mahapurkh.

Is sarbat on the path to conversion?

Either that or maybe Al Taqiyya is being observed by our brother.

No offense but a cog seems to have gotten loose in his head?

Whilst I understand (and even admire to an extent) the strong drive to pursue a thread of thought to a conclusion, his posts of late seem to be bordering on the obsessional?

Edited by dalsingh101

could you tell me were exactly this is written, sounds good to read!!

sorry about the delay

੩੨ : ਮੱਕੇ ਦੀ ਯਾਤ੍ਰਾ

ਬਾਬਾ ਫਿਰਿ ਮਕੇ ਗਇਆ ਨੀਲ ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਧਾਰੇ ਬਨਵਾਰੀ।

Donning blue attire then Baba Nanak went to Mecca.

1 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੩੨ ਪੰ. ੧

ਆਸਾ ਹਥਿ ਕਿਤਾਬ ਕਛਿ ਕੂਜਾ ਬਾਂਗ ਮੁਸਲਾ ਧਾਰੀ।

He held staff in his hand, pressed a book under his armpit, caught hold of a metal pot and mattress.

2 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੩੨ ਪੰ. ੨

ਬੈਠਾ ਜਾਇ ਮਸੀਤ ਵਿਚਿ ਜਿਥੈ ਹਾਜੀ ਹਜਿ ਗੁਜਾਰੀ।

Now he sat in a mosque where the pilgrms (hajis) had gathered.

3 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੩੨ ਪੰ. ੩

ਜਾ ਬਾਬਾ ਸੁਤਾ ਰਾਤਿ ਨੋ ਵਲਿ ਮਹਰਾਬੇ ਪਾਇ ਪਸਾਰੀ।

When Baba (Nanak) slept in the night spreading his legs towards the alcove of mosque at Kaba,

4 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੩੨ ਪੰ. ੪

ਜੀਵਣਿ ਮਾਰੀ ਲਤਿ ਦੀ ਕੇਹੜਾ ਸੁਤਾ ਕੁਫਰ ਕੁਫਾਰੀ?

The qazi named Jivan kicked him and asked who was this infidel enacting blasphemy.

5 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੩੨ ਪੰ. ੫

ਲਤਾ ਵਲਿ ਖੁਦਾਇਦੇ ਕਿਉ ਕਰਿ ਪਇਆ ਹੋਇ ਬਜਿਗਾਰੀ।

Why this sinner is sleeping his legs spread towards God, Khuda.

6 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੩੨ ਪੰ. ੬

ਟੰਗੋਂ ਪਕੜਿ ਘਸੀਟਿਆ ਫਿਰਿਆ ਮਕਾ ਕਲਾ ਦਿਖਾਰੀ।

Catching hold of the legs he lynched (Baba Nanak) and lo and behold the miracle, the whole of Mecca seemed to be revolving.

7 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੩੨ ਪੰ. ੭

ਹੋਇ ਹੈਰਾਨੁ ਕਰੇਨਿ ਜੁਹਾਰੀ ॥੩੨॥

All got surprised and they all bowed.

8 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੩੨ ਪੰ. ੮

---

੩੪ : ਮੱਕੇ ਦੀ ਦਿਗ ਬਿਜਯ

ਧਰੀ ਨੀਸਾਣੀ ਕਉਸ ਦੀ ਮਕੇ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪੂਜ ਕਰਾਈ।

Wooden sandal (of Baba Nanak ) was kept as a memory and he was woshipped in Mecca.

1 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੩੪ ਪੰ. ੧

ਜਿਥੈ ਜਾਇ ਜਗਤਿ ਵਿਚਿ ਬਾਬੇ ਬਾਝੁ ਨ ਖਾਲੀ ਜਾਈ।

Go anywhere in the world, you would not find a place bereft of the name of Baba Nanak.

2 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੩੪ ਪੰ. ੨

ਘਰਿ ਘਰਿ ਬਾਬਾ ਪੂਜੀਐ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨ ਗੁਆਈ*।

Without discrimination of Hindu or Muslim, in every house, the Baba is revered.

3 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੩੪ ਪੰ. ੩

ਛਪੇ ਨਾਹਿ ਛਪਾਇਆ ਚੜਿਆ ਸੂਰਜੁ ਜਗੁ ਰੁਸਨਾਈ।

When the sun rises it cannot be covered and it lightens the whole world.

4 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੩੪ ਪੰ. ੪

ਬੁਕਿਆ ਸਿੰਘ ਉਜਾੜ ਵਿਚਿ ਸਭਿ ਮਿਰਗਾਵਲਿ ਭੰਨੀ ਜਾਈ।

When the lion roared in the jungle the flocks of deer ran away.

5 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੩੪ ਪੰ. ੫

ਚੜਿਆ ਚੰਦੁ ਨ ਲੁਕਈ ਕਢਿ ਕੁਨਾਲੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਛਪਾਈ।

If someone wants to conceal moon by putting before it a platter, it cannot be hide.

6 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੩੪ ਪੰ. ੬

ਉਗਵਣਿ ਤੇ ਆਥਵਣੋ ਨਉਖੰਡ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੀ ਸਭਾ ਝੁਕਾਈ।

From rising to setting directions i.e from east to west, all the nine divisions of earth bowed before Baba Nanak.

7 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੩੪ ਪੰ. ੭

ਜਗ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਵਰਤਾਈ ॥੩੪॥

He diffused his power in whole of the world.

8 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੩੪ ਪੰ. ੮

A Muslim friend of my brothers (who wasn't aware of this pauri) actually had darshan of the sandals when he went on pilgramage.

ਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੩੬ ਪੰ. ੮

Guest zulu

Even according to Panth Prakash, the Shaheed Singhs beat up prophet Mohammad when prophet came to try to help Zakaria Khan from his last days. So forget Jagat Guru, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee, the prophet Mohammad cannot even equal the power of the Shaheed Singhs.

could you post the bit which says that up please? would be nice to read!

Okay as for aisha age that was something done in that time the age is disputed ask what age your great grandparents got married keep asking generation up and up and up it get's younger and younger. It sounds wrong but some of the guru sahiban married there wife when there wife was 11. Mass murderer he killed jews in wars, they were attacked- we would say he started it but other islamic scholars say they were attacked and defended themselves.

Yes thats true about the age but the difference is when I asked various elders they wern't allowed to leave their parents house till they were 14-16. Even though they got married at what 11/12 they still didnt leave their house to live at the mundha's house till after 14-16.

We're not peado's like the man you keep researching about who had sexual relations when she was under 11, gandh.

Litterally all of your posts in the last few months have been about Islam Islam Islam....seems a bit odd.

Edited by zulu

Guest zulu

I am often asked why the Book of Daniel is included in the Writings section of the Tanakh instead of the Prophets section. Wasn't Daniel a prophet? Weren't his visions of the future true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq2Q836gKjs